It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas Rep Steve Alford says african americans cant handle weed cause genetics

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
christ man.
no matter how you feel about the legalization issue, these old assholes that are in government need to go man.

i cant believe people sill think like this.

"going back to the 30's. african americans were users and they responded the worst to the drug. its because their character makeup. their genetics"

unreal

pretty bad that assholes in government still think this way

someone please get him a cutest little monkey in the jungle shirt

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Try telling Snoop Dog that

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
i just typed "black people cant handle weed" just to see what i get and he is the first story

www.huffingtonpost.com...

“What you really need to do is go back in the ’30s, when they outlawed all types of drugs in Kansas [and] across the United States,” Alford said, according to the Garden City Telegram. “One of the reasons why, I hate to say it, was that the African-Americans, they were basically users and they basically responded the worst off to those drugs just because of their character makeup, their genetics and that.”

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

He can kiss his political career good by.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
What an idiot. LOL How do we keep electing these idiots over and over again?

I love how people are like...movie stars and hollywood stay out of politics because you're too stupid to be a politicians. LOL

But these are our politicians!

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Doubt it.

His district is overwhelmingly white and he's already issued an apology. Doubt he'll go down in flames.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
What an idiot. LOL How do we keep electing these idiots over and over again?

I love how people are like...movie stars and hollywood stay out of politics because you're too stupid to be a politicians. LOL

But these are our politicians!

good point.
most people automatically dismiss the thought of that but its not like the actual politicians are worth a # anyway.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: olaru12

Doubt it.

His district is overwhelmingly white and he's already issued an apology. Doubt he'll go down in flames.

can you link me to that?
i would like to see how he walks this back

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

And you posted a video so we can hear him talking this way. ty .

Anytime you start a sentence with, "and I hate to say this." You know it's going to be bad. lol

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Apolog y

I may be wrong though, because it looks like he's already resigned one of his Chairmanships.

But, I'm still willing to bet that if he goes, it'll be a resignation rather than being recalled or voted out.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yah whoops, quickly redacted his statements, not his opinion.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This guy's only education on weed and drugs is when he watched Reefer Madness when it was new.
edit on 9 1 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

thanks

so he said this first

I’m not going make any more remarks about that. To me, that’s neutral. Basically, I got called a racist, which I’m really not, and it’s just the way people—the interpretation of people. To me, I’m trying to look at what’s really the best for Kansas.

then the sorries

“I was wrong, I regret my comments, and I sincerely apologize to anyone whom I have hurt,” he said in the statement. “Substance abuse is a blight on our society, and legalizing marijuana only opens the door to harder drugs. I have seen firsthand how drug abuse destroys lives, even within my own family, and I remain committed to fighting the spread of addiction in our state.”

sure buddy

# this dude

he also said

He even went so far as to argue that jazz musicians were creating “Satanic” music all thanks to the influence of pot.

what an asshole

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Shut up Steve.

My weed stocks take a hit because of you I might have to move to Kansas and vote you out.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
This guy's only education on weed and drugs is when he watched Reefer Madness when it was new.

Are you sure you wanna give him this much credit? He's probably just seen a few Cheech and Chong movies.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

This is the guy who probably keeps a bottle of bourbon in a desk drawer for his morning coffee.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Politicians are so because they're not good at anything else but being idiots.

What I'm curious about is... What brought you to the point that made you think "I'm going to google 'black people can't handle their weed'"? I have to know this.

Think before you respond. Someone might call you racist

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Politicians are so because they're not good at anything else but being idiots.

What I'm curious about is... What brought you to the point that made you think "I'm going to google 'black people can't handle their weed'"? I have to know this.

Think before you respond. Someone might call you racist

i dont give a # what people call me
i saw the story so i posted the vid THEN i searched black people cant handle their weed hoping to come across a gem. only came across this dude

katt williams came up in the image search too
the dj porter remix is gold
you should check it out

edit on 9-1-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I'm so glad that this happened, and that it was recorded.
Seems he felt comfortable enough in his surroundings to let the genie out of his bias bottle.
He can apologize all he wants for saying it out loud. But he said it because thats what he really thinks.
And not just that, I believe he expected others in the room to nod in agreement.
I'm pretty sure i did hear a gasp/groan in he background.

He's toast, I think.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

An old racist Republican from the South?

Say it ain't so!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join