It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire and Fury lawyer responds to Trump's cease-and-desist letter: 'We are confident'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym
Tapper: Trump, Wolff are unreliable narrator

This situation is beyond what I previously could have imagined possible.

In one corner, we have President Trump. Can he be believed about anything?

In the other corner, we have Michael Wolff. Can he be believed about anything?

None of that would mean a thing without the publisher of Fire and Fury being ready to take this case to court.

I have to go with the evidence right now and side with Wolff. We'll see what Trump does. This is all in flux of course.

www.youtube.com...

Actually, you have multiple people in Trumps corner all saying they were misquoted, incorrectly labeled or had statements totally fabricated.

In the other you have Wolff who even admits that the information in the book isnt accurate.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I hope Trump takes the publisher to court. They have some lurid **** on Trump that will take him down.
Bannon spilled the beans and Trump knows it.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
In the other you have Wolff who even admits that the information in the book isnt accurate.

Fire and Fury author stands by every word said about Trump

What's the source for your claim?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I hope Trump takes the publisher to court. They have some lurid **** on Trump that will take him down.

I'm getting the feeling that Wolff may be lying in his interviews to goad Trump into suing him. What If they have things mentioned on tape that are worse than anything in the book? It would probably come out in court.

Come to think of it, Wolff and the publisher should be trying to goad Trump into court if they believe what's in it. Forget about money, what about patriotism?
edit on 9-1-2018 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I'm getting the feeling that Wolff may be lying in his interviews to goad Trump into suing him. What If they have things mentioned on tape that are worse than anything in the book? It would probably come out in court.

Come to think of it, Wolff and the publisher should be trying to goad Trump into court if they believe what's in it. Forget about money, what about patriotism?

As a documentary filmmaker and writer, anyone that thinks a writer doesn't tape all interviews to protect him/her self from litigation is a fool.

This ain't Mayberry RFD for Christ sake...This is hardball.
edit on 9-1-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

As a documentary filmmaker and writer, anyone that thinks a writer doesn't tape all interviews to protect him/her self from litigation is a fool.

This ain't Mayberry RFD for Christ sake...This is hardball.

Wolff claims that he has tapes or notes for everything in the book.

www.newsmax.com...

My guess is that Trump is more concerned about what's not been reported in the book (and yet may be on tape) than what has been reported in the book. Here's an example:

If Russia probe goes near Trump's finances, 'he's sunk,' 'Fire and Fury' author Michael Wolff says

There is apparently nothing in the book that supports that claim. That makes me believe Wolff knows a lot more than what's in the book, and he's holding back. You can bet your bottom dollar that he and/or his publisher can present an excellent case in court if necessary.

This looks like a Mexican standoff to me. I completely believe Trump will back off but find a way to save face.
edit on 9-1-2018 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

Wolf and his publisher have never encountered a guy like Trump. They have no idea what is coming.

The book is ridiculous but I’m happy that it makes the Libs open their wallets.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
www.npr.org...

onald Trump says he wants to open up libel laws, and he says should be allowed to sue news outlets that publish stories he deems are wrong.

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump says he wants to open up libel laws. That's so that he can sue news organizations that have written what he calls hit pieces. Well, laws today make it difficult for public figures to sue for damages. And NPR's Brian Naylor reports a President Trump likely would have a hard time changing them.

So trump when finding that he can't stop this book seeks to redefine the libel laws stating they are too week where someone has been defamed. Boo hoo Donny boo hoo..
edit on 1102018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Yeah too bad trump and his lawyers can't rewrite laws huh?
edit on 1102018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: whywhynot

Yeah too bad trump and his lawyers can't rewrite laws huh?

Naw, not at all. The existing laws will work just fine.

Read the book yet? If not your comments are just hear say.

edit on 10-1-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

If they had that don't you think they would have printed it?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

Claims. This asswipe claims a lot of things and has done that multiple times in the past also. In two weeks no one will remember this guys name.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
People have been free to exercise their freedom of speech with the Kenyan birth certificate cultist BS and "Michell's a post-OP!!" for 8 years.

Let me remind y'all that regardless of if it's Obama or Trump, it's still freedom of speech, beyotches. And if that statement regarding "pertinent documents" ends up ringing true -- which it probably will because why destroy your law career in a s#-flinging war with a billionaire when you can't pass threat muster -- then it's not libel, now is it? Time will tell on this one.

But ultimately, it's not the book that should piss anyone off. It's dips#'s willingness to want to tighten free speech's noose. Any American who gives a damn about what it "means to be American" should be thoroughly insulted by the notion. After all, it's bad when lefties want to do it, right? But now it's not when Trump wants to? Hypocrites. Of the highest order. You deserve tread on.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

At least under that name, unfortunately. Kudos to staff for keeping the illegitimate posters off the site.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join