It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire and Fury lawyer responds to Trump's cease-and-desist letter: 'We are confident'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It looks like President Trump and the company that published Fire and Fury see the book in exactly the opposite way. Trump seems to believe that the book is pure defamation of himself and his administration while the publisher sees the book as an accurate portrayal of reality.

Is it just a matter of opinion? Not according to the publisher. It sounds to me like the publisher is goading Trump into a lawsuit because they believe they can back up their claims. It would probably be the equivalent of them winning the lottery all things considered.

The ball is in President Trump's court now. What will he do? I predict he'll back down completely. I expect him to find a way to do it without losing face. He'll probably say he's backing down out of respect for the first amendment or some such thing.

The following is an excerpt from the letter responding to Trump's cease and desist letter.

Lastly, the majority of your letter -- indeed, seven full pages -- is devoted to instructing Henry Holt and Mr. Wolff in meticulous detail about their obligations to preserve documents that relate in any way to the book, the article, President Trump, his family members, their businesses, and his Presidential campaign. While my clients do not adopt or subscribe to your description of their legal obligations, Henry Holt and Mr. Wolff will comply with any and all document preservation obligations that the law imposes upon them. At the same time, we must remind you that President Trump, in his personal and government capacity, must comply with the same legal obligations regarding himself, his family, their businesses, the Trump campaign, and his administration, and must ensure all appropriate measures to preserve such documents are in place... Should you pursue litigation against Henry Holt or Mr. Wolff, we are quite confident that documents related to the contents of the book in the possession of President Trump, his family members, his businesses, his campaign, and his administration will prove particularly relevant to our defense.
boingboing.net...

edit on 9-1-2018 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

(post by Kalixi removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

What about preserving recordings of the interviews? Has the existence of recordings been confirmed?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Have you actually read the book? If you had you would know that it is neither of the extremes you mention. There is nothing really useful in it accept to an 8th grader to write bs. Plus, if you had read it you would know that, in spite of its cover intended to sell books, it is not really about Trump. It is about 70% about his high egoness Bannon.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Experts are saying that the situation surrounding Fire and Fury is unprecedented in American history. The story I posted here is huge news. It is not speculation but verifiable fact.
edit on Tue Jan 9 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Their case got a whole lot weaker since Wolfe never interviewed anyone.

As long as they put it in the right section.

FICTION.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym

Goody, you've authored another Trump thread.

Paid per post it seems.

Experts are saying that the situation surrounding Fire and Fury is unprecedented in American history. The story I posted here is huge news. It is not speculation but verifiable fact.

What experts and is it unprecedented because the FBI has never used a political opposition research document to obtain a FISA warrant in its history?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParkerCramer

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

All members are invited to reply to threads with their thoughts, provided the reply is within theT&Cs.

Why in the world would you question it?
edit on Tue Jan 9 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
hotair.com...

Wolfe. ' IF it rings true then it's true' !!!!!

LMAO.

Let me quote Wolfe again.

IF it rings True then it's TRUE!

What an effing joke.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Same article.

The most amazing line in Wolff’s interview with Tur isn’t the one about truth, actually, it’s where Tur presses him to release the recordings of his interviews to counter some of the Trump staffers who are disputing his account — which Wolff declines to do, insisting that he and Tur aren’t quite in the same line of work. “I’m not in your business,” he tells her. “My evidence is the book.”

Won't release the recordings.

His evidence is a BOOK!

Wolfe deserves the three stooge triple face palm.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Thank you again for continuing to support our President with your love and admiration!
Sincerely, the second biggest Trump supporter, after you

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Paid per post it seems.

What experts and is it unprecedented because the FBI has never used a political opposition research document to obtain a FISA warrant in its history?

Trump’s lawyer threatens unprecedented libel lawsuit against ‘Fire and Fury’ author, publisher

The "unprecedented" part isn't a matter of opinion as far as I can tell.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If Trump is this worried, you KNOW the things in the book are true. He's panicking.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Experts are saying that the situation surrounding Fire and Fury is unprecedented in American history. The story I posted here is huge news

Huge news. Bigly. I agree.

This is earth shattering. Mind blowing stuff. The best tabloid spew, people said this was going to be huge, and it is. Let me tell you, it is the biggest news people have ever seen. Yuge.

a reply to: Shakawkaw

If Trump is this worried, you KNOW the things in the book are true. He's panicking.

Yes he is petrified I am sure. Especially since the author has admitted to parts being outright lies or just BS exagerations. Also the main contributor is now apologizing and begining the long and pitiful process of retracting his words.

It must be true though because of the thing you said and stuff, whatever.

edit on 1 9 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

The ball is in President Trump's court now. What will he do? I predict he'll back down completely.

There's one thing we know for sure about The Donald, if the book is false, he'll never back down, but will fight it to the end.

This man has fought over 4,000 lawsuits over the last 20 years. He doesn't shy away from the fight. Even when he's wrong, he'll usually fight, just to get that feeling of the "win."

But right or wrong, he never allows anyone to say something false about him. He got a reporter fired from his job, for simply writing an article on Trump that he didn't like.

Of course, if what the book is saying is essentially true, which a lot of people seem to believe, then Trump "could" just let the whole thing slide, and avoid more scrutiny. Still, he has to make that initial showing claiming it's fake, to raise sufficient doubt in the minds of people, that his supporters can "choose" to believe the better of him. That's the most likely strategy at this point.

Create doubt, then let it slide.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
All writers have tapes. I do and actually they are SCHC media cards not tapes. He's just waiting for the libel lawsuit so he can claim 1st Amend. and file a counter lawsuit. All writers protect their ass against libel, deformation, and slander.

Release the tapes to a news organization for even more $$$.

The WH is in melt down mode as we speak....

www.msn.com...
I just ordered the book from Amazon and now there is a waiting list...can't print em fast enough.
edit on 9-1-2018 by olaru12 because: brenda

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Paid per post it seems.

Trump’s lawyer threatens unprecedented libel lawsuit against ‘Fire and Fury’ author, publisher

The "unprecedented" part isn't a matter of opinion as far as I can tell.

Oh my that is huge!!! Yawning.

So you haven’t read the book! That is what I thought.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I wonder why the WH invited Wolff into the WH to archive the Trump transition from campaign to the presidency.

They only have themselves to blame for not vetting Wolff properly. You reap what you sow...apparently!

It's what happens when you let Jared and Don jr. run the show. Light weight dorks....
edit on 9-1-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I just ordered the book from Amazon and now there is a waiting list...can't print em fast enough.

You would get more out of $20 bucks worth of bitcoin

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join