It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria Next? An Oracle Concerning Damascus...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I saw this prophecy yesterday--the Prophet Isaiah prophesied that Damascus will fall spectacularly:

An Oracle Against Damascus
   1 An oracle concerning Damascus:
    "See, Damascus will no longer be a city
    but will become a heap of ruins.

Isaiah 17:1

Does this mean that Syria will be a target in the war on terror?

I imagine this could happen either as a part of the Gog/Magog War or perhaps before it. Any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Boston will one day no longer exist.

Let's hope somebody makes a log of ATS.

In a few thousands years, Boston has been destroyed in some war.

Someone finds the ATS log, and reads this post.

Was I now psychic?

On a long enough timeline, all vague 'predictions' are bound to come true

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
if you actually relate that to the war on terror, please stop thinking and save your brain for something else

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Yes, you are absolutely correct. According to Isaiah, Damascus will be wiped out completely. Sounds as if they get involved in a scuffle with Israel. I believe that the speculation is that Russia and Syria will both attack Israel and fail miserably. I don' think it's clear if it will be a joint attack or individual attacks.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Just to be fair to those that don't strictly adhere to prophecy, per se', and who look into the historical and literary meaning as to the time it was given by the prophet Isaiah and what and to whom it may have really applied to:

It is not unreasonable for someone to see a city in ruins and then proclaim that this is "heap of ruins" is "no longer" a city. That, however, is not to say that the city would always be a heap of rubble. And I don't think that Isaiah 17 is making that claim, either. In fact, it seems clear that Isaiah 17:1-14 is strictly a prophecy about temporary desolation, given the fact that most of it is actually about Israel, which Isaiah often prophesied would eventually be restored from desolation. And nowhere in Isaiah 17 does it ever say that Damascus would never again be inhabited.

Didn't Isaiah say Damascus would forever be desolate?

seekerof

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
LMAO!!!!! I LOVE THIS AVATAR, GOOD JOB SEEKEROF!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Seekerof, you know I'm a big supporter of Bush and his War on Terror policy...but I'm also fascinated by possible tie-ins with the end-time prophecies in the Bible that also center in the Middle East. I saw that link you referenced but I also saw many links that say that Isaiah's prophecy has yet be fulfilled and will columinate in the destruction of Syria in a modern war.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

YOu know, people at hte time that verse was written probably figured it meant damascus was going to be burned or sacked soon. And then when it wasn't, the next generation figured it, or any generation figured on it when it was moderately appropriate.

I imagine this could happen either as a part of the Gog/Magog War or perhaps before it. Any thoughts?

Isn't the gog magog war something that people were highly concerned with in the middle ages or dark ages? A horde comming out of asia, like the mongols and what not?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
Boston will one day no longer exist.

Let's hope somebody makes a log of ATS.

In a few thousands years, Boston has been destroyed in some war.

Someone finds the ATS log, and reads this post.

Was I now psychic?

On a long enough timeline, all vague 'predictions' are bound to come true

Damascus is actually the oldest continually inhabited city on earth. and as far as your any prediction will come true theory, you have to take all the other prophecies with knowledge of them when tied together make a irrefutable case for the truth of its existence.

but as i know your spirit sir, one that will mock the bible, you will laugh at this logic and make your own mockery of my logic.

Good day sir

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
like babylon, damascus for all the prophets represent something to the believers of one god.

we have jerusalem, damascus and babylono

damascus is the center of all the civilisation during the period BC as europe today. and I think Europe was detroyed in WWI and II.

Babylon is money, power, games prostitution etc...is like america today
with Newyork as babylon money, washington as babylon power and las vegas as babylon games.

and for jerusalem just open your eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!! not more the jerusalem of today

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Congratulations, djohnsto77...

You were a man 7 years ahead of your time!

edit on 13-6-2012 by GLontra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

In shia Islamic prophesy there will be a war in Syria at a time when there is wars and unrest in nearly every middle eastern country. After this war is over the one who will rise as leader will announce himself as leader of Syria, after he announces himself, (sometime in the same islamic calandar month) there will be an earthquake which will damage part of the mosque in Damascus... he (the new leader who will rise at this time) will kill in gruesome manner a great many people in Syria, and most shia there will be killed....(He is evil, very very evil)

at this time the Imam Mahdi will rise (sometime within 6 months of the rising of the bad person in Syria) and go after this bad man who will now be leader in Syria, and another war will ensue in which the bad man and his armies will be swallowed up by the earth when they chase the Imam....

This is Islamic prophesy concerning Damascus... we have much more detail....
edit on 13-6-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I often wondered how Ezekiel 38-39 would happen.. And now we are seeing it....

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I think this is happening now, man. Star and flag.
Lolz Nygdan.
edit on 24-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Heads up:

BREAKING. @CBSNews has learned that the Pentagon is making the initial preparations for a Cruise missile attack on Syrian government forces

CBS Twitter Feed
Just came across Twitter....

Reuters

The early intelligence finding could increase pressure for action by President Barack Obama, who made clear that he planned to tread cautiously even as his aides sought to narrow their differences in debate over possible military responses to the Syrian government.

The sources, speaking on condition of anonymity, cautioned that the assessment was preliminary and, at this stage, they were still seeking conclusive proof, which could take days, weeks or even longer to gather.

But with a mounting international outcry over the apparent mass poisoning of hundreds of people, the issue appeared to have taken on a sense of urgency for the Obama administration.

edit on 23-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

So while we are afraid of Al-Qaeda attacking us here we are going out of our way to help their efforts in Syria?

A small bit of confirmation...
Jpost

he Pentagon has updated the list of possible targets in Syria should US President Barack Obama decide to intervene militarily in the country, CNN reported on Friday, citing a US Defense Department official.

The report came as pressure mounts on Obama to take action against the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad in the wake of allegations that he killed more than a 1,000 people in chemical weapons attacks on Wednesday.

The US defense official told CNN that target lists for air strikes in Syria had been updated, and plans for using cruise missiles capable of targeting Syria without entering the country's airspace had also been included.

"Nasdaq Halts All Trading" One Week Prior To "Bernanke's Getting Out Of Dodge". Related?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

The entire content of Isaiah i highly questionable to use a big understatement.

But however you turn it and interpret it, I doubt its about 2013, when Damascus was invaded before in history.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
People who study deeply into the NWO say the NWO is following exactly how revelation is to be, and helping it transform... they seem to be correct.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I saw this prophecy yesterday--the Prophet Isaiah prophesied that Damascus will fall spectacularly:

..oh no - not again one

please search the syria thread with "isiah 17:1 " in the title

to see how it , syria as well as the supposed "gog-russia war" is a fabricated planned Fake

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
- there you go love ,

" on 30-8-2013 @ 02:30 AM this post
first, Gog and magog has Nothing to do with 'russia' or an attack from russia upon this slab of land called israel'.
Gog = 'rooftop', magog = 'valley of rooftops'- that is 'the darkened world'
Gog = the egyptian pantheon
because the 'hook in his jaws' is the same as the 'hook' in Isiah - where its about 'the ruler of the Nile'.
Gog [and magog] will fight Him in an ultimate battle, when He will VISIBLY come back, to claim what is His'.
[this fabricated 'israel'and the 'threats' are created as Ritual to try Undo that major prophecy]

There s the prophecy about 'egyptian rising against egyptian'
is NOT about 'now'
but tells how the servants of satan [ of the pantheon] will start turning against eachother.
[ the 'uprisings nów in egypt is a created Ritual to try Undo that prophecy]

and this damascus thing:
damascus, 'on the plain of Aven' means "this present matrix world", aka Babylon
..thát will be a 'ruinous heap'.
[the 'war' nów in syria is a created Ritual to try Undo that prophecy]

do get the explanations right friends -
or you will be held accountable for AIDING Evil
- by having believed the False Reasons

kind [!] regards, "

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

While this area of prophecy does have some future implications, as far as its place in time the prophecy is relative to its day. That area of prophecy has a good deal of overall destruction dealt out to a number of nations including the northern Israelis known as Ephraimites or non-Jewish Israelites. But here during this time Syria was the premier heavy hand in the area running ruff over all the nations around it. The Babylonian superpower is on the rise at the time and will eventually break Syria's back. You have to take in several chapters at least going back to chapter 14 to get the full measure of what's being said at the beginning of 17. Bible prophets and their writings are not like say Nostradamus type quatrains at all, not by any stretch of the imagination.
edit on 31-8-2013 by Logarock because: n

new topics

top topics

join