It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Chaco Canyon, New Mexico / My visit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ExVoto

I live within 500 miles or so of this site and I plan of visiting it soon. Now that you went there and have had time to think about things, what are some of the things you wish you would have done there but did not think about it or ran out of time?

Any places around this site you wanted to visit as well? I want to make my trip as complete as possible to enjoy it as much as possible.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Amazing!! I love when people share their experiences with ancient sites. This is a place I will probably never have a chance to visit so I have enjoyed your videos.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Great video's, would love to go some day! Say it was 1500 years ago would the climate be the same? Seems such a rough place for people to live.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MonarchofBooks1611

The only thing I didn't get to do was follow the trails that go up the sides of the mesas and buttes. There are two locations with very old carved stairs that lead to the high ground.

There are more old Pueblo ruins and some petroglyphs.

I walked the four mile trail out to the pictograms called the "supernova."

However, I clearly didn't have the right footwear. The four miles back to my car.... Ugh. I was walking like Fred Sanford.

edit on 13-1-2018 by ExVoto because: Typos

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Thanks!! This got my attention

old carved stairs that lead to the high ground.

I'll be looking for these

posted on Jan, 14 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Sweet. Have you been to the Tonto cliff dwellings? They do tours in the spring

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Some good pictures and videos there.
It's a place I'd love to visit someday.

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdKiller
Sweet. Have you been to the Tonto cliff dwellings? They do tours in the spring

I have not. In fact I've never heard of them

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Happy New Year! Those are some great pics!

Those "alternative history" shows have some interesting ideas. The layout of several sites around Arizona and New Mexico create a layout of the stars that make up the constellation Orion. Chaco Canyon actually corresponds to Sirius!

Makes me wonder why these "barely out of the stone age" people (Egyptian, Aztec, whoever made Chaco Canyon) were making all these wonderful stone edifices to praise that particular constellation? I seriously doubt any modern man would take on a generational building task like these people did! It is amazing they are still standing today!

"Alternative history" site w/star-land map: The Orion Zone.

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I agree completely. A very beautiful place. My younger brother worked at Walnut Canyon national park about 10 years ago. I went to visit him and we ended up taking a trip out there. He helped me learn some about the history of the place and the people. I still find it fascinating that the Anasazi, at least I think that was who was there, had such an amazing society almost 800 years ago out there.

I would like to go back and see more. I understand that my older brother also went out at a later time and they took the trip too. Seems like my older brother was tying his shoe somewhere out there and found a small piece of rock or stone fashioned into an earring type piece with a tiny hole in it to mount to your ear I guess. Younger brother was very adamant about protecting what was there and made him put it right back where it was found. Granted we got to go on areas not open to the general public, but I would suggest that this is the proper thing to do anyhow.

I miss the beautiful area.
edit on 6-2-2018 by terrapincb because: just edited to change "missed" to "miss"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join