It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H&M: "COOLEST MONKEY IN THE JUNGLE" Ad goes terribly wrong

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I don't see racism. All young children can appropiately be called monkies.

or little monsters....

I'm more offended by baby clothes that say stuff like 'Mommy's Little Accident.'

Daddies little squirt.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
This was just blatantly stupid. An imbecile could of known it was in the poorest of tastes. What other possible message could it of said ?

In a hyper-ultra-sensitive world, it was 'FAIL' from the start. And who would expect otherwise.

Really? All you can see is a racist message?

I see an allegorical phrase commenting on being the No. 1 in a given social and geographical location.

Doesn't everyone want to be the coolest monkey?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
They probably let the kids choose which sweater they wanted to wear so they would feel comfortable and get the best photo-shoot, so no-one ever considered race, just the well-beng of the children... until an overly sensitive society chose to project their issues onto the situation.

Sad...

Why does everyone feel the need to be offended?... that's some internal issues right there. I am comfortable enough with myself that it is literally impossible to offend me.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: puzzlesphere

This was just blatantly stupid. An imbecile could of known it was in the poorest of tastes. What other possible message could it of said ?

In a hyper-ultra-sensitive world, it was 'FAIL' from the start. And who would expect otherwise.

I see an allegorical phrase commenting on being the No. 1 in a given social and geographical location.

Science says we all came from apes, but being the coolest is bad apparently if it's a black kid.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

They probably let the kids choose which sweater they wanted to wear...

I can see it now:

Kid: I want to wear this one!
Adult: Why that one?
Kid: Because green is my favourtist colour, it says that I'm the coolest and I like monkeys!
Adult: I'm sorry, you can't wear that one because it sends a bad message. You can wear any other one that you like.

Tears ensue, they give the white kid the "coolest" sweater, the black kid feels like an injustice has been done has a tantrum and isn't included in the photo-shoot, then the PC world is offended that H&M didn't use diversity in their advertising.

Win!

edit on 9-1-2018 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Science says we all came from apes, but being the coolest is bad apparently if it's a black kid.

Seems like a situation of "Can't see the forest for the trees."

Oh wait, a forest is like a jungle, and monkeys live in jungles... am I allowed to say that?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Honestly, IMHO, this is one or two generations dog-piling their phobias and issues onto another, socially/culturally innocent generation. Sad.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Why should black people be offended by the word monkey?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Posted
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

<< 1   >>

join