It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FLASHBACK: The most honorable political move in modern political history.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
youtu.be...

(I’m on my phone and play hell getting videos to upload if an admin is available, please)

To this day this video still gives me the warm and fuzzies..

At political rallies during his run against Obama for the presidency. Sen. John McCain is asked crazy questions about obama being a Muslim Plante or being dangerous to the country and he stopped them on the spot and corrected them...

It is sad that I’m not sure when we see something like that again...
edit on 9-1-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

In most cases it isn't could for a candidacy when the candidate fuels theories that have no evidence.

I wouldn't call this the most honorable move in modern political history.

McCain has proved many times he is a politician the same as the rest. He was just playing the game.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I can't get it to post either. It's a weird little code.

Pfft.

edit on 1/9/2018 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

It is sad that I’m not sure when we see something like that again..

Might need to invest in a few cases of Kleenex for the sadness. Both of those snakes are getting hit by the Karma train, along with all the rest of their corrupt buddies around the globe. Should keep them fairly tied up with other things for a good long while. 😿

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Thanks! I see what you did there. I was going to try that next.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I always thought John Glenn putting Howard Metzenbaum on blast was both a complete class act and yet still a verbal punch in the mouth.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Partners in mass murder & terrorism getting an honors ceremony for "not" being Muslim.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

In most cases it isn't could for a candidacy when the candidate fuels theories that have no evidence.

I wouldn't call this the most honorable move in modern political history.

McCain has proved many times he is a politician the same as the rest. He was just playing the game.

Come off it, a bit of fair play...you people are not politicians he is.
If you actually listen to the very end...ahem! you hear MCcain saying that as a politician he has fundamental differences with Obama period. That's what's so wrong, partisan people who just want to hate the opposition and incapable of discussing, using even invention....too much phony wrestling watching it seems.
edit on 9-1-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

No staged nonsense is going to make me feel sentimental for John McCain.

My only regret is that he may not survive to see a prison cell.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Despite our differences, we still used to respect one another when it came to politics. We may have disagreed on policy and such, but we were all still brothers.

That changed when Obama was elected.

The conspiracy-oriented mindset became mainstream Right Wing and all bets were off when it came to finding ways to delegitimize the political opposition.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm sure being a prisoner again is not his reason for living...you sure like spit out the hate, but do you need to go to Trump's extent?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I think you are very close but I feel it started with the Crazy Far Left/Far Right around the time Clinton came into office and the Progressive' political movement really came out. When I look back it was then that there was an end to a 'two party' system and they were all in bed together. Where there has always been control and back door deals it really accelerated.

Call them TPTB or whatever but Trump winning and Clinton losing really threw a wrench into over 100 years of work.

Now, everyone is scrambling and when you are afraid you lash out and try to discredit. You basically hate in others what you hate in yourself.

What once was reserved for places like ATSNN are now on the MSM...it used to be nice when it was not.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Despite our differences, we still used to respect one another when it came to politics. We may have disagreed on policy and such, but we were all still brothers.

The conspiracy-oriented mindset became mainstream Right Wing and all bets were off when it came to finding ways to delegitimize the political opposition.

A conspiracy-oriented mindset was pretty mainstream with Democrats while GWB was president after the 2000 election debacle and 9/11. There were other CTs, too, aimed at delegitimizing GWB.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

If you go to 21 seconds it is where he calls him the president as if it is already a done deal...and it was. C'mon, he was the thumbs down on repealing OCare...

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Thanks! I see what you did there. I was going to try that next.

Oh yes, (sorry I got caught up in all the hate bait)

Yes, if there is an extended URL just use the number at the first V= , and drop all from, and including the ampersand forward.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

It's been going on for decades and decades--Obama's presidency wasn't some magic turning point. The only difference, IMO, is the proliferation of social media that blossomed when Obama was president. Up until then, comments and thoughts didn't make the rounds as quickly nor as far as before.

The public sentiment that "we were all still brothers" from politicians was just a public ruse, not reality. Politics has always been a two-faced game of playing the Wizard of Oz...who the public sees is always different from the true person behind the curtain.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I am no fan of John "Crash" McCain. He at least would cross party lines now and again. You really don't see much of that in today's times. You either see the vote split tightly between party lines or all voting for it. There are very few exceptions.

Part of me feels that people are totally aligning with the platforms of our two party system. There used to be a time not long ago that if you disagreed with even part of a party platform then you were considered a moderate and/or independent that could cross party lines at the voting booth. That idea seems to be a part of the past and probably never to return. People are being entrenched on one side or the other regardless of differences anymore.

I think that this video of McCain distancing himself from the idea presented by this woman really only served to entrench people even further into 2 camps while at the same time casting bad light on the "independent" idea.

Unless there is some sort of compromise we are doomed as a nation. The cracks are already showing.
edit on 9-1-2018 by Terminal1 because: Typo

edit on 9-1-2018 by Terminal1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Oh look, one of the videos proving John McCain was part of a rigged election...

McCain ran that campaign like a man who had zero intention of winning the vote. That's not honorable, that's called being a shill and very, very few modern politicians have made as successful a career out of whoring themselves to the opposition than John Sydney McCain.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I'm sure being a prisoner again is not his reason for living...you sure like spit out the hate, but do you need to go to Trump's extent?

Im shocked you are confusing justice for hate.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join