It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics Divide - The Roseanne Show

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

that bit about people hating each other for how they voted nails it for me.

Hopefully her stand will cause some folks to reevaluate how they treat those with differing political leanings.

edit on 54pWed, 10 Jan 2018 02:04:54 -060020182018-01-10T02:04:54-06:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: needed a p

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

TV does tend to influences the masses. One can hope.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Hopefully her stand will cause some folks to reevaluate how they treat those with differing political leanings.

And God knows we never get any political messages that aren't divisive from the media.

If Roseanne thinks she can help bridge the divide with this reboot of her show...I wish her nothing but success and hope she can pull it off. It's too bad more celebrities aren't interested in doing that.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Wait. I thought the Connors won the lottery and then Dan died. Is this a different Connor "universe" now?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I was thinking the same thing.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
They will 100% use it to bash Trump. No matter how much Hollywood tries they don't understand and can't replicate normal Americans.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

In this case, I don't think so. I think that there are both republican and democrat affiliations in this cast of people. Not all of Hollywood are left leaning. Though, being a republican (a vocal one anyways) tends to put that person out of a job. The only way around it would seem to be using it only as "TV related" and not their personal beliefs and even that has ratings plummeting.

I feel that the people who rate these shows are also left leaning. The numbers don't always determine if a show stays on air or not. Sci-Fyi and the Comedy Channel has proven that with their crappy lineups.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Rosanne has Quit Twitter, after making offending statements against Valerie Jarret and Chelsea Clinton.

www.foxnews.com... lerie-jarrett.html

Rosanne isn't so brave after all. Oh well.. there's a splash in the pan every few months from Hollywood. They come...they go.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
I personally think that she's dead on. For the working class, it's not uncommon to be a Trump Supporter. It is, to me, very realistic. Besides, why should the people of the entertainment world or anywhere else for that matter, need to concern themselves with which side the people in the show stand on? Does it hurt anyone? No. Does it push their views on anyone? No. So why is it an issue?

For a buzz. Viewership means money. I checked it out as a fan 20 years ago. Same format. Bad writing. It's just not what it was. They'll need all the political eyes they can get. Pro and con to keep the buzz going. Most will just watch Jeopardy.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So, I thought the consensus was "Celebrities should keep their mouths shut about politics and political topics"

But Roseanne is a "woke rightists" so it is acceptable?

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Folks have been trying to shut Roseanne up since the early 90s. I'm surprised myself that this is the way it panned out.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Roseanne has been brave in not being afraid to speak her mind. In this case she went too far, and apologized. But all these lefty comedians who insult the Trump women and Sara Sanders and many other Trump supporters get to spout their hate 24/7.

She is a comedian. It was alright with the TDS morans for Michelle Wolf to tell a joke about Sara Sanders looks, but not an actual REAL comedian to do the same about Valerie Jarret or the braindead Chelsea Clinton. Roseanne actually did Apologize. Did Michelle Wolf or anyone of the others? NO

Now Sara Gilbert attacking her (Darlene).

sara gilbert ‏ Verified account @THEsaragilbert 18m18 minutes ago More

Roseanne’s recent comments about Valerie Jarrett, and so much more, are abhorrent and do not reflect the beliefs of our cast and crew or anyone associated with our show. I am disappointed in her actions to say the least.

I hope she doesn't quit Twitter. Stay strong Roseanne! Roseanne is the reason that most of that cast have jobs right now.

twitter.com...

They have just CANCELLED HER SHOW!! DAMNN

edit on 29-5-2018 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2018 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join