It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics Divide - The Roseanne Show

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

that bit about people hating each other for how they voted nails it for me.

Hopefully her stand will cause some folks to reevaluate how they treat those with differing political leanings.

edit on 54pWed, 10 Jan 2018 02:04:54 -060020182018-01-10T02:04:54-06:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: needed a p

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

TV does tend to influences the masses. One can hope.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Hopefully her stand will cause some folks to reevaluate how they treat those with differing political leanings.

And God knows we never get any political messages that aren't divisive from the media.

If Roseanne thinks she can help bridge the divide with this reboot of her show...I wish her nothing but success and hope she can pull it off. It's too bad more celebrities aren't interested in doing that.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Wait. I thought the Connors won the lottery and then Dan died. Is this a different Connor "universe" now?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I was thinking the same thing.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
They will 100% use it to bash Trump. No matter how much Hollywood tries they don't understand and can't replicate normal Americans.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

In this case, I don't think so. I think that there are both republican and democrat affiliations in this cast of people. Not all of Hollywood are left leaning. Though, being a republican (a vocal one anyways) tends to put that person out of a job. The only way around it would seem to be using it only as "TV related" and not their personal beliefs and even that has ratings plummeting.

I feel that the people who rate these shows are also left leaning. The numbers don't always determine if a show stays on air or not. Sci-Fyi and the Comedy Channel has proven that with their crappy lineups.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join