It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans probe FBI agents' text messages for evidence of leaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

The Hill reported that House and Senate panels are looking anew at the text messages exchanged between agent Peter Strzok and lawyer Lisa Page, who were romantically involved and exchanged anti-Trump views in their now-public texts. They also discussed news articles and strategized on how to react. One set of texts in late October 2016 suggests they knew about a Wall Street Journal article in advance. After Page alerted Strzok to the piece’s publication, Strzok responded:

“Boy that was fast. Should I ‘find’ it and tell the team?”

Other text messages reviewed by The Hill showed the two agents seemingly attempting to track down New York Times reporter Matt Apuzzo, who has covered the Russia collusion investigation.“We got a list of kids with their parents’ names. How many Matt Apuzzo’s (sic) could there be in DC,” Page texted. “Showed J a picture, he said he thinks he has seen a guy who kinda looks like that, but always really schlubby. I said that sounds like every reporter I have ever seen.”

Strzok texted back, “He’s TOTALLY schlubby. Don’t you remember?”

LINK

So here we have it, not only was Muellers team bias but they were leaky..I wonder how the Alt-Left will spin this in attempt to save the FBI reputation as a honorable agency. If guilty these people need to be punished to the fullest extent of the law. It's crazy to think in 2017 we have a law enforcement agency being used to hunt and prosecute political parties and sitting presidents. Is this what our fore fathers were trying to protect us from?? A dishonest and over reaching law enforcement agency.

Shameful.

edit on 9-1-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Wow. We need Special Prosecutors to investigate the SWAMP.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Let's hope they are that stupid to use their gov/personal phones for illegal activities.
edit on 9-1-2018 by UpsideDownWorld because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-1-2018 by UpsideDownWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

It's crazy to think in 2017 we have a law enforcement agency being used to hunt and prosecute political parties and sitting presidents.

Why is it so crazy? It's not the first time it's happened, by any means. The Bureau was balls-deep in McCarthyism and "anti-American" investigations. They were balls-deep in the civil rights era, to the point they were playing both sides of the game.

Given the incredibly politically-charged atmosphere of the last year and change, I don't think it's crazy at all. More of the same past behavior.

Disappointing in the extreme? Yes. Crazy? Not at all.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

What a shocker well not really. Peter Strzok was involved in every Clinton investigation and of course he was biased as hell. I especially like the part where they downplay his cheating as romantically involved. He was the guy who dismissed FBI protocols whenever HRC's cronies were in the room. No transcripts of any kind and no audio tapes of any interview. The other side would rip this guy to shreds if someone like him would investigate Trump. F#cking double standard.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpsideDownWorld
Let's hope they are that stupid to use their gov/personal phones for illegal activities.

I love how some are so enamored with and fully trust the FBI. Going on about how smart and honest they are. Yet here we have a high ranking member of the FBI who doesn't even know basic counterintelligence rules of don't use your work phone to break the law. LOL these people are total idiots!! Even crack dealers know how to use a burner phone!

I can't wait to see these biased, dishonest, morons take the perp walk. Hopefully they get a 8x8 with a big burley schlubby guy who loves clean cut fed boys...

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

It's crazy to think in 2017 we have a law enforcement agency being used to hunt and prosecute political parties and sitting presidents.

Why is it so crazy? It's not the first time it's happened, by any means. The Bureau was balls-deep in McCarthyism and "anti-American" investigations. They were balls-deep in the civil rights era, to the point they were playing both sides of the game.

Given the incredibly politically-charged atmosphere of the last year and change, I don't think it's crazy at all. More of the same past behavior.

Disappointing in the extreme? Yes. Crazy? Not at all.

Disappointing is a better way to describe it. You're right, I kind of always knew they were corrupt and idiots. Just didn't think they were going to make it so easy to catch and discredit them...

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Or a IG and AG with some balls....at least enough to do their jobs.

If you want to stop this type of behavior make examples out of all these miscreants.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

This will add another layer "Confirmed: Government Employees Using Encrypted Messaging Apps On Work Phones, Potentially Violating Federal Law " dailycaller.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

This will add another layer "Confirmed: Government Employees Using Encrypted Messaging Apps On Work Phones, Potentially Violating Federal Law " dailycaller.com...

Hopefully it adds a few years on to their sentencing.....

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

If you want to stop this type of behavior make examples out of all these miscreants.

OIG can only make recommendations; it has no teeth. It rests on the AG. I'm being patient, though. Because it is so politically-charged, they may be waiting for the OIG report to drop before formally pursuing this. I think they are making the safe play.
If Sessions still sits on his hands after the report is published, however, I'll be ready to grab my pitchfork, too.
edit on 9-1-2018 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

originally posted by: GuidedKill

OIG can only make recommendations; it has no teeth. It rests on the AG. I'm being patient, though. Because it is so politically-charged, they may be waiting for the OIG report to drop before formally pursuing this. I think they are making the safe play.
If Sessions still sits on his hands after the report is published, however, I'll be ready to grab my pitchfork, too.

We just need to OIG to expose the wrong doings and mishandlings...Hopefully the AG will take it from there. We can only hope they are working behind the scenes to restore Americans faith in the FBI. For me personally for that to happen I need to see a real house cleaning with real consequences....

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Kind of funny the FBI investigating the CIA,one set of criminals checking the others,what a joke

new topics

top topics

join