It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivanka Trump gets slammed for tweeting in support of Oprah's rousing Golden Globes speech

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That's a very interesting observation. I have always considered myself middle of the road. Not left not right. I am socially liberal and fiscally conservative. I don't like big government but also feel like there should be regulations in place to make sure we do good as humans and not take advantage of someone. Hell, maybe I'm actually a Libertarian
who knows?

My point to all of this is your comment here made me reevaluate my thoughts on Trump specifically. I did not vote for him (or HRC for that matter) but after he won, was hopeful he would actually be good for our country. I have said to friends many times (before the election) that Trump was actually a democrat right up until the primaries and I didn't understand how died in the wool republicans could actually get behind him. I think I actually agree with you that the democrats have moved farther left. Maybe its just the super vocal ones that have seemingly moved and the moderates are still in the middle? I don't know. I DO know that what I am hearing from most democrats here (and other sites) is far different than the democrats I grew up with in the 70's and 80's, like my grand parents and parents (who were all mid-western, farm country, church going, gun toting democrats).

Because of your comment, I think I will look at Trump with a different view. Can't promise that I will be 100% behind him but at least I will view him differently now. I think it would go a long way with me if he would stop tweeting though or at least stop tweeting in a mean way. As far as Ivanka's tweet goes...I don't see anything wrong with it. Sounds like something good to agree to actually. Treating people with respect.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

There it is. The entirety of the truth of the matter.

Trump was, prior to being elected as a Republican, a Democratic supporter. So, too, his daughter by all accounts...

He's a, sort of, centrist.

I use the term 'centrist' loosely but he is still more so than the rest. Politics is a wavering curve so the lines become blurred.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join