It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivanka Trump gets slammed for tweeting in support of Oprah's rousing Golden Globes speech

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: szino9

How do you know what that member has or has not done?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Two pages and am I the only one talking about the speech and Ivanka supporting it because if that's the way this is going to go I'll just drop out.

Has Ivanka been slammed? Did she deserve it?

Tawk amongst ya selves....

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

If Trump supporters aren't concerned about this, I can't imagine what it will take for them to get concerned.

I am concerned. Very much concerned. It is very concerning. She is a human and wanted to come together across party lines to celebrate a like minded thought.

It is devastating. Oh you mention the book in which the author stated it was riddled with lies and inaccuracies and the primary source apologized for his involvement in something he is detracting from now. Yes I am very concerned on this front as well.

I am very concerned on many fronts actually. I am still anxiously waiting for the culmination of the Russia gate investigations to show the overwhelming evidence of collusion and foreign interference. I am so nervous since everyone says its in the bag.

I was very concerned when they said our POTUS wouldnt make it into the primaries, or make it into the WH. I still am. I am not sure but someone said to be worried about some recounts that would prove Trump had less votes. Also that the POTUS wasnt the POTUS so Trump should not get comfortable. There is a resistance and everything. HE WILL NOT DIVIDE US is the chant I think.

Geez. I am not sure what to do because I am worried stiff. If he really is the POTUS then I also heard he would be impeached soon and that has me ruining a pair of underwear every 7 minutes like clockwork.

Its hard bro.

I am very concerned.

edit on 1 9 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

For once I have to agree with you. This is silly to a point of bashing your head against the wall with the depths to which people will sink.

Ignorance. It is ignorance to say things when you do not know the facts, the story or the person who says something.

It is a well known fact she is a Democrat...as is her husband. Life Long.

So when the OP talks about RINO's it is not the far left calling them RINO's it is anyone who knows that there is only one party prior to the 2016 election when we got out first true Independent.

I like Ivanka. She stands for womens issues and is not her daddys lapdog.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I don't know anything about Ivanka other than her name is clumsy to say.

I do know that Trump is a lifelong democrat. He just moved right to appeal to a base. There's not much he has done thus far that would tell me he isn't still Democrat at heart. Unless you want to claim that his doing his job and enforcing laws that Congress has enacted is somehow partisan...but that is absurd.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

Why in the blue hell would Trump supporters express concern over Ivanka supporting unity and standing together against sexual assault and impropriety? Please, oh please, spin and finagle this exercise in psychological projection to explain why you think we Trumpets should view this negatively.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Did he really move right that much, or did the Democrats shift significantly left over the past 2 decades, leaving more than a few common sense lifelong Dems standing between the two parties saying "WTF?" and opting to change parties?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
With Bannon OUT, Trump will turn more and more to Ivanka and Jared for advice and policy making, as well as to shape his own thinking.
They are liberals in conservative's clothing.

Brace yourselves.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym
Most Trump supporters that I've seen consider themselves to be hard right to the point where they call most of the GOP "RINOs." They should be abhorred by this news.

...since you lack experience with the conservative standards, I offer the following.
1. Does this cost me money?
Yes- Go eff you, I'm against it.
No- Continue

2. Does this save me money?
Yes- I support it fully
No- I dislike this

3. Does this demand I change in some way to appease others?
No- Knock yourself out, chief
Yes- Go eff you, I'm not changing jack.

4. Does this place America above the world?
No- Then why in the hell are we doing this?
Yes- Divine Providence is fulfilled, carry on.

I realize it is difficult to understand stark contrasts, but the above is essentially how a "RINO" is identified. I honestly don't give a rat's ass if a politician personally supports liberal ideologies, so long as they don't cost me money, screw with my rights, or attempt to form some lame globalist equality parade, I care not. It's all about the dollar signs and "leaving me the hell alone" to date, Trump has excelled at both in spectacular fashion. If he's a liberal, then this country needs a lot more Trump liberals.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: antiantonym
Most Trump supporters that I've seen consider themselves to be hard right to the point where they call most of the GOP "RINOs." They should be abhorred by this news.

If he's a liberal, then this country needs a lot more Trump liberals.

This. A real lot of this.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

There it is. The entirety of the truth of the matter.

Trump was, prior to being elected as a Republican, a Democratic supporter. So, too, his daughter by all accounts...

He's a, sort of, centrist.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Did he really move right that much, or did the Democrats shift significantly left over the past 2 decades, leaving more than a few common sense lifelong Dems standing between the two parties saying "WTF?" and opting to change parties?

He didn't shift much....but he did shift. Mostly by including protectionism and nationalism in his platform, he applealed to a demographic.

Policy wise, i've not seen much that is conservative or liberal. He's hell bent on enforcing the laws congress has in place, or making them look like halfwits who do nothing for leaving the laws in place instead of voting on a position to repeal them. I really like that, actually. Stuff like the El Salvador and DACA folks, Jerusalem, even Sessions and the MJ deal...its simply the executive branch enforcing laws that Congress has on the books. If Congress doesn't like it, or if The People don't like it, then the laws need to be changed. But this crap of passing laws for the "feels", then ignoring them as inconvenient, is ridiculous and castrates our entire CJS.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

They shifted significantly left. Certainly more than I'm, as a Conservative Dem, comfortable with.

That this makes Trump look rightish is just a sign of how far the Dems have shifted left.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I don't know if I can take any more of this.

2 Scoops, staying up late, and now his daughter said something nice about Oprah.

Impeach 45!

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I know, right?

The lifelong Democrat Ivanka says something nice about someone and it's a bad day in Trump land?? How does that even work??

Two scoops? I thought it was three??

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I know, right?

The lifelong Democrat Ivanka says something nice about someone and it's a bad day in Trump land?? How does that even work??

Two scoops? I thought it was three??

Ivanka saying something nice about someone else is good for at least 3 days of news.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Yep.

How dare she have a mind of her own. With opinions and everything...

I guess she's just supposed to parrot her father?

I could see, sort of, fussing if she'd torn strips off of Winfrey for the speech...but that's not even remotely what happened. I fail to see the issue here.

Is there one? Two scoops or three has more relevance, as I eat more ice cream than I do self-congratulatory TV shows like the Golden Globes...

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

edit on 9-1-2018 by szino9 because: nm can't argue HRC herself...

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

You win the thread...but don't forget about the Diet Coke button.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: burdman30ott6

They shifted significantly left. Certainly more than I'm, as a Conservative Dem, comfortable with.

That this makes Trump look rightish is just a sign of how far the Dems have shifted left.

This reminds me of my mother, a blue-collar Democrat who voted for Obama. The party has gone so far off the rails she voted for Trump in '16. Doesn't even recognize the party anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join