It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H&M clothing chain latest target of racial hysteria

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Of course it was intentional...and quite a brilliant bit of marketing...got us all looking at their new hoodie.

And with the racist mindset of "if black people didn't want this stuff to keep happening they would stop being black and be white like everybody else"...they feel like they're fair game.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Your not from Norway and to them a monkey is a child. I grew up in Germany and it was quite common to be called monkeys. Many people in the US think because they see something one way the rest of the world should as well. Bottom line is their history is different in Norway they don't care about skin color at all. In Norway people are identified by what country they come from. For example last time I was there I was an American do to my accent. Enjoyed confusing them speaking German sometimes. By the way Americans are not expected to be bilingual for some reason yet most in Europe are????

Any way here rad this article it discusses the difference between Norway and the way s Americans treat race.

www.theroot.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
Of course it was intentional...and quite a brilliant bit of marketing...got us all looking at their new hoodie.

And with the racist mindset of "if black people didn't want this stuff to keep happening they would stop being black and be white like everybody else"...they feel like they're fair game.

My son has owned several Children's Place t-shirts with monkeys on them over the years. I don't recall anyone ever suggesting Children's Place was selling clothes exclusively made for children who are not black. And that never occurred to me either. Maybe H&M just thought clothes with monkey themes really are for all children?

Eh, I still think it came from a completely innocent place, and I choose to give H&M benefit of the doubt...

...Just like I do when I see girls' clothing covered in the words 'Diva' and 'Princess.' I find that type clothing to be repulsive and unhealthy for girls. So I don't buy it. But I don't assume it comes from a mindset that thinks 'if women/girls don't want this stuff to keep happening, then they would stop being girls and be boys.'

I just can't be that cynical about it. Wouldn't want to be.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I think with social media what happens is that opinions are easily expressed over a wide audience and it makes it seem like people care more than they actually do.

As it is purposely intended.

Whether it is #Me Too, #President Winfrey, YouTube challenges daring teens to set themselves on fire, or to eat detergent pods, or dry cinnamon, social media is being used to control many that are vulnerable, insecure, and hungry for attention and acceptance.

It has become so successful that it is now being used as a weapon for manipulation of the psyche and responses of the masses.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

thats what im saying , you'd be hard pressed to find a parent on earth who hasnt referred to their children as little monkeys!

I'v even called many of my friends children this !

My friend and his partner have a mixed race kid and she is beautiful such a pleasant wee lassie
and Ive called her a monkey multiple times in front of her parents and nothing was said, not even a raised eyebrow
why because its a non issue.

Maybe different in america, but in Scotland we dont normally associate wee cheeky monkeys as being a racial slur
its what we call our children when they are being cheeky wee #es

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I wish the US didnt have this baggage. Seing you write "wee cheeky monkey" made me smile.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I think this needs updating to shut those whingers up once and for all. Here is what the brilliant mum had to say to all of you butt hurt eternal victims:

"Get over it"

www.dailymail.co.uk...-comments

Now there is a person I can stand behind and like. Common sense and modern thinking. We need more of these people and the world would be a better place.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I applaud her , I mean who the # cares what celebs think , they are all out there back stabbing and whoring themselves for our money and they are the be all end all and arbiters of social justice!

# them and their celeb opinions

I applaud this mother and her stand point

it's about time the world takes these assholes and their opinions down a peg or a million.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
H&M clothing chain latest target of racial hysteria

Now that everyones vented.

Everyone go back to wearing their Che underwear.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I think possibly because Europe has been through that age of turmoil of extreme racism and slavery
and it was hundreds of years ago , Europe suffered the Roman empire
so its been done to the death here and I think that maybe that is one reason why its not as bad in modern Europe
Europe has already seen its fair share of bloodshed over race , religion, sex , you name it we have had a war about it probably.

I just hope this is Americas growth pains you will all grow out of this together as one nation under a groove getting down just for the funk of it !

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Probably about time you pull up your pants and deal with life. No one is calling this child a monkey, it isn't implied in the slightest. He's just a model they used to model a hoodie. We're not in the 40's any longer, about time people start acting like it.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aegeus

Probably about time you pull up your pants and deal with life. No one is calling this child a monkey, it isn't implied in the slightest. He's just a model they used to model a hoodie. We're not in the 40's any longer, about time people start acting like it.

Well tell that to folks who do use those images for racist effects TODAY!!! not to black folks who may have issues with it for generations.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Well tell that to folks who do use those images for racist effects TODAY!!! not to black folks who may have issues with it for generations.

The very essence of 'hysteria' is to ignore context in favor of ones own.

While i cannot claim to have any of the experiences that lead you to this statement, I can say that the overwhelming majority of the world stands with you in your disdain for the appalling behavior you are describing. I hope that provides you a bit of comfort in the future, and helps calm your fears a bit.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Spider879

While i cannot claim to have any of the experiences that lead you to this statement, I can say that the overwhelming majority of the world stands with you in your disdain for the appalling behavior you are describing. I hope that provides you a bit of comfort in the future, and helps calm your fears a bit.

I'm not fearful as an individual, I'm just annoyed that the impetus for change is laid on the shoulders of those who grumbled, not to those who think the 40ts aka the good ole dayz are here again, And I as an individual is aware of context, I tried explain that about two or three pgs ago.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The thing we should be looking at is perception and how it is manipulated.

We each have our own perceptions of reality. We each will have our own natural responses to our experiences, and to the world around us. What determines our reality, what we think, and how we behave, are the processes by which we are taught truths. Those truths that give our behaviors meaning, and what represent our reality. Your reality holds just as much value as mine and in a perfect world, if this created a problem, education, understanding, and compromise may forge successful resolutions.

Our reality becomes empowered when we able to validate it. This is one of the ways that social media is used to manipulate and create false realities, and why it can be used so successfully against us. Years ago people were aware that the system would try to confuse us, and would control us by manipulating the truth, our thoughts and behaviors. We thought it would come to us by way of "Project Blue Beam".

While we where on guard and waiting for the great CGI projections in the sky, they have successfully been able to achieve their goals because we were too busy chasing shadows.

We know the truth. We can see what is happening. We play and payed right into their hands. They have implanted us with a system that is so addictive and so toxic that we are willing to sacrifice our lives, our families, our communities and our country for no more than the flicker of a blue screen and the sound or flash of a notification. We are no better than Pavlov's dogs. I hope this doesn't offend. I am calling anyone a dog, just making an analogy.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Ah, you got it posted. I saw that this morning in a New York Post link: nypost.com... and sent it home to post it if no one else had.

I said up thread that the only way we would know what the boy or his mother thought about this is if they weighed in, and now they have. So folks should stop feeling offended on their behalf.

If it offends you, then it offends you, and I get why that may be. But don't act like you are defending this kid or something. What you're doing is reacting to your own personal sense of offense and defending yourself.
edit on 11-1-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Wow, just because you can do something doesn't mean it's a good idea to do it. That's a huge marketing blunder to say the least. If I owned that company I would be pissssssed and I'm not a PC person.

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Horribly bad choice of model to clothes.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Sorry, very few black folks alive today have had to deal with racism like you're implying. The few are too old to know what's going on online, the younger generation just wants something to bitch about.

posted on Feb, 22 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   

a reply to: Spider879

Sorry, very few black folks alive today have had to deal with racism like you're implying. The few are too old to know what's going on online, the younger generation just wants something to bitch about.

If that was the case, many or most young black folks wouldn't get upset, and again H&M is a big company with R&D budget, focus on the research on what works vs what will not, then go into development, unless one want to be risky and edgy then whatever happens happened.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join