It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slenderman Movie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Trailer looks kind of generic during some parts, but at least they didn't reveal the Slenderman. Hope they manage to get it right.

Also, I find it pretty hilarious that some people are getting so outraged by this.
edit on 8-1-2018 by Grik123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Grik123
I saw the preview Saturday when I went to see Insidious the Last Key, which btw was an awesome scary movie and a great prequel to close off the franchise.

I may see slenderman, but no sure. I think I will only go if my older boys are interested, otherwise I will wait for the red box.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

It's not hilarious for the people in the community where this event happened. That includes the father of one of the girls. Pretty sad actually. If they don't want it screened there then it's up to them.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Blaming the actions of two obviously crazy children on a fictional character is pretty ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Wasn't this movie boycotted or some such, I think I read somewhere that a group were wanting Sony to not make the movie. Don't know why. Or were there going with it, but looks like an exaggerated theatrical version of the whole story of the two crazy girls who killed there friend in the woods because some slender man told them to do it.

Fiy, you should never listen to strangers no matter there strange and tall lengthy body composition or girth size. As bad as taking candy from strangers that is.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I haven't heard of any boycotts, but I know for a fact that there's a petition to cancel it. It was pretty unsuccessful, too, since it didn't even meet the meager goal of 15k.
edit on 8-1-2018 by Grik123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Wasnt that there line of defense, the makebelive man made us do it, along with Lord Valdermont and one of the unspecified teenage mutant ninja turtles.

Crazy indeed, but I see why some would not want a movie made out of this whole incident.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Personally, I don't think it' about that mess. I think it's just a film set in the Marble Hornets verse. Though they did make an interesting documentary about it a year or two ago.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
So they are releasing the movie?

Probably wont be watching it, or not at first. Tall slender people freak me out, if I were to see one just walking around, probably just knock it straight out, they must have # movement with such unproportional height and knee to shin ratio. Must run as ridiculously as Steven Segal as well, or hundreds of times more ridiculous. Anyways its just freaky architecture is what I'm saying.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Yeah, Sony's definitely gonna release it.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Sweep the knees.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Heck, 3000 dead Americans from the worst terrorist attack the USA, possibly the world has ever seen did not stop movies like United Flight 93 from being made. What chance did a Slenderman boycott ever have? I am also looking forward to Winchester and Primal Rage.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry
Not as freaky as slender man, but weirdos hiding behind mirrors in a house with to many doors, and a freaking crazed Bigfoot, sure sounds and looks a whole lot scarier. But slenderman has the icky freaky WTF is that thing down I would have to say.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Yeah, Slenderman looks pretty freaky in some of the more well done artworks.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
so what is the origin of this slenderman character? It could not have possibly started with the little psycho girls, I think I saw references to it before that case happened.

To be honest as I was seeing the preview in the movies Saturday, I legit thought they were about to do another Ring movie.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Slenderman was created in 2009 by Victor Surge. His first major appearance was in the creepy youtube series Marble Hornets.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Looks pretty cool, I guess.

Has anyone seen the slenderman documentary on HBO?
About the two girls who murdered their friend?
Good stuff.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I am worried for the family of the young girl who was stabbed nearly to death by her two young friends in the name of "slender man"

However I also enjoy the slender man stories and games like on Roblox (Yes I know it's for kids just let me be a kid for a while longer I'm only 27...... lel)

But yeah....I felt my stomach flip when I saw they were making this a movie and really for the sole fact that I just feel pain for the parents of that girl and for that girl herself.

This may just be a fun horror story or scary theme for most.... but for this family it was very very very real and I cannot stop thinking of them when I see this trailer.

I'll probably see the movie with that being said- anyways. I just acknowledge that this might be unsettling for them.

-Alee

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

I live close to the area where this happened. There was a lot that national news did not cover. I too really feel for the girl that survived the horric attack in the name of "slender man". She still has nightmares about it. If I were her parents I'm sure they are wondering what kind of sick world they are living in, first her best friends try to kill her in the most brutal way, by some grace of God she survives, only to then have it shoved in their face again by someone making money on the movie. I know slenderman has been around before her but I still find it it distasteful. Just as if it would have been distasteful to have a movie about a plane crashing into a building after right after 9/11.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Art imitating life or life imitating art. But like Grik123 said, its started as creepy pasta type of thing, even that famous picture of slenderman with the two girls, pretty sure that came before the whole incident. Not entirely sure though, but it took a sort of life of its own, to some people at least, mostly little girls.

Sometimes some doors should not be opened, even the fantasy ones, that and some people have a hard time grasping this reality from other realities, children especially, and well. Some people are just nutty, even little tikes.

Here this is my favorite slenderman quote on quote video, it is most entertaining. But gosh, this version of ol slenderino is not wearing his usual suit and tie attire. Weird I know, now we have naked slenderman running around and climbing building in the shadows. Put some clothes on at least is what I say.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join