It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ginuwine Refused To Kiss A Trans Woman On Live TV And Now The Internet Is At War

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: NobodyToldMe

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: bulwarkz

I don't think it's asking too much to refer to transgender people as transgender people. I used to say tranny, but it seems juvenile to me now. They don't like it, so say Trans or whatever. Trans is shorter anyway.

I used to intentionally call people by the gender they transitioned from, but that seems dumb too. It's like saying Democrap or Trumpet. It just makes the person saying it look like a child.

They're people too, even if they weird you out. If it really bothers them to be called tranny, it's not that hard to accept it and switch it to trans. If you think they're crazy, let me ask you a question. I you going to go up to someone with Down's Syndrome a retard to their face? Really no good reason not to switch.

You bring up fair points.

My problem is the whole idea of being offended by "tranny" in the first place. Do you identify as a transgendered person? If yes then you are a tranny. Or a trans person. Either way it is what you are.

Now if someone comes up to you and says ' You are a disgusting tranny" then you would be upset right? How about if they say "you are a disgusting trans person"? Are you not upset because they used the CURRENTLY acceptable pronoun? I say currently because retard was once a medical term and was socially acceptable to use it. Now it isn't.

Tranny is neither acceptable language (ie it's #ing hate speech) nor medical terminology.

Retard.

Ahh there's the compassion I expect from someone screaming for compassion.

I'm out. You enjoy yourself OK?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodyToldMe

I haven't really had to deal with it either. I used to be super creeped out by gay people, met a few at work and out and about and realized they're like the rest of us. Most are nice folks that just want to be treated with a modicum of respect. I'm assuming it's the same thing with transgender folks. Not to mention you and me.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

a reply to: bulwarkz

I don't think it's asking too much to refer to transgender people as transgender people. I used to say tranny, but it seems juvenile to me now. They don't like it, so say Trans or whatever. Trans is shorter anyway.

I used to intentionally call people by the gender they transitioned from, but that seems dumb too. It's like saying Democrap or Trumpet. It just makes the person saying it look like a child.

They're people too, even if they weird you out. If it really bothers them to be called tranny, it's not that hard to accept it and switch it to trans. If you think they're crazy, let me ask you a question. I you going to go up to someone with Down's Syndrome a retard to their face? Really no good reason not to switch.

You bring up fair points.

My problem is the whole idea of being offended by "tranny" in the first place. Do you identify as a transgendered person? If yes then you are a tranny. Or a trans person. Either way it is what you are.

Now if someone comes up to you and says ' You are a disgusting tranny" then you would be upset right? How about if they say "you are a disgusting trans person"? Are you not upset because they used the CURRENTLY acceptable pronoun? I say currently because retard was once a medical term and was socially acceptable to use it. Now it isn't.

Tranny is neither acceptable language (ie it's #ing hate speech) nor medical terminology.

Retard.

Ahh there's the compassion I expect from someone screaming for compassion.

I'm out. You enjoy yourself OK?

Lol.

OK. Call me tranny and it's cool but I call you one of the words you don't like, you act offended.

Why not just stop using slurs altogether. Deal?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I haven't really had to deal with it either. I used to be super creeped out by gay people, met a few at work and out and about and realized they're like the rest of us. Most are nice folks that just want to be treated with a modicum of respect. I'm assuming it's the same thing with transgender folks. Not to mention you and me.

Well you don't know if you've had to or not. We're like Fight Club.

Only more knives and less vandalism.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

i'm not offended by the term tranny.
it makes me feel bad because in my teens i used to get attacked in the street and beaten to unconsciousness by people who shouted it at me the whole time. every time i hear it i can almost taste the blood again.
other girls i know have had far worse experiences.
but the whole breadth of it, from having it used to taunt us on public transport to having it screamed at us while we're being raped, it's never ever ever used in a pleasant context.
that's why we ask you not to use it.
is that not a fair request? is it that terrible to use a little empathy?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: continuousThunder

YOU HAVE NO WAY TO KNOW IF THE WOMAN YOU DROOL OVER ON YOUR DAILY COMMUTE IS CIS OR TRANS

Frankly, yes I do have a way to know.

Imagine you have been dating a person and all being well, you decide to bring up the question "Hey babe, if we were to ever get married or hitched, how many children do you want."

Umm.

So there is one major reason for not dating Trans.

It is a very big problem for the Trans person to overcome.

Inherited social bias my butt.

Normalcy is not an inherited bias.

But twist away.

P

got some absolutely mindblowing news for you buddy

did you know there are cis women who can't reproduce? for a whole variety of reasons, sometimes even genetic ones!
wild, i know!!

also i dunno what it says about your ability to "spot" trans people, if you need to date them for several years and propose marriage and children to know. especially since, to get to that point, you'd have to be highly attracted to them and probably in love with them? kiiiiinda feels like you're shooting yourself in the foot there.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

it makes me feel bad because in my teens i used to get attacked in the street and beaten to unconsciousness by people who shouted it at me the whole time. every time i hear it i can almost taste the blood again.
but the whole breadth of it, from having it used to taunt us on public transport to having it screamed at us while we're being raped, it's never ever ever used in a pleasant context.

With you there. And love you. Just went to a wake for somebody in our shoes. It hurts like hell.

I can't be bitter about it anymore. Evil will be evil... some just want others to hurt, especially if it makes them feel more cishet.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   

With you there. And love you. Just went to a wake for somebody in our shoes. It hurts like hell.

I can't be bitter about it anymore. Evil will be evil... some just want others to hurt, especially if it makes them feel more cishet.

That member is not evil, they have had a life changing experience that has created a certain amount of animosity, which is understandable as our experiences guide our intuition. I had a go at that same member and I was likely a bit harsh, apon reflection sometimes it is detrimental to judge not knowing the how's and why's a person reaches conclusions.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That member is not evil, they have had a life changing experience that has created a certain amount of animosity, which is understandable as our experiences guide our intuition. I had a go at that same member and I was likely a bit harsh, apon reflection sometimes it is detrimental to judge not knowing the how's and why's a person reaches conclusions.

Who do you think I was referring to, exactly?

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Phoenix358
edit on 13-1-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Phoenix358

Nope. Follow the post chain by clicking on the links. It's not as intuitive as it use to be on ATS but it's still possible.

What Phoenix said isn't worth my time. I wasn't talking about them.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   

My bad

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   

i'm so sorry. it never gets easier, does it?
πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   

i'm so sorry. it never gets easier, does it?
πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

No, it totally does.

Numbness kicks in after a while.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   

oooouuuuuch

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Reminder....

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS
**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Closed for review.

edit on Thu Jan 18 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join