It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ginuwine Refused To Kiss A Trans Woman On Live TV And Now The Internet Is At War

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

YOU HAVE NO WAY TO KNOW IF THE WOMAN YOU DROOL OVER ON YOUR DAILY COMMUTE IS CIS OR TRANS

Frankly, yes I do have a way to know.

Imagine you have been dating a person and all being well, you decide to bring up the question "Hey babe, if we were to ever get married or hitched, how many children do you want."

Umm.

So there is one major reason for not dating Trans.

It is a very big problem for the Trans person to overcome.

Inherited social bias my butt.

Normalcy is not an inherited bias.

But twist away.

P

edit on 12/1/2018 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Spider879

Big brother is still a thing in the U. K ? I can't believe people are still watching that rubbish.

To address the op, since when is it offensive to not kiss someone, we have multiple suits worldwide from women whom have had unwanted advances from men which I imagine include kissing, now we have a transgender pissed off about not being kissed.... This world is getting more screwed up by the day.

Isn't this whole thing an unwanted advance from a Transgender on a normal Hetro Man?

Or are Hetro Men the new White Male? Ie: theres never an unwanted advance towards a Hetro Man?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

YOU HAVE NO WAY TO KNOW IF THE WOMAN YOU DROOL OVER ON YOUR DAILY COMMUTE IS CIS OR TRANS
you make assumptions based on inherited social bias but this is true - there is every chance you've had a crush on a trans woman before and just didn't know.

Is this what you're so mad about? That some people don't believe there are passable trans people? I'm sure there are.

That doesn't change anything. There are certain deal breakers. Being trans is one for me, like being married (that's actually a decent analogy if we say it's an open marriage so the woman isn't doing anything wrong).

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

a reply to: Spider879

Big brother is still a thing in the U. K ? I can't believe people are still watching that rubbish.

To address the op, since when is it offensive to not kiss someone, we have multiple suits worldwide from women whom have had unwanted advances from men which I imagine include kissing, now we have a transgender pissed off about not being kissed.... This world is getting more screwed up by the day.

Isn't this whole thing an unwanted advance from a Transgender on a normal Hetro Man?

Or are Hetro Men the new White Male? Ie: theres never an unwanted advance towards a Hetro Man?

Yes, I used the analogy because it seemed appropriate to describe the situation, to me it makes no difference who is on the receiving end of an unwanted advance,it is what it is... Unwanted.

I've found myself on the angry end of women for not reciprocating their advances, hell has no fury like a woman scorned.

Also normal? What is normal anyway, with all that goes on in this world today the very definition of normal may be in need of some tweaking.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
There are certain deal breakers. Being trans is one for me, like being married (that's actually a decent analogy if we say it's an open marriage so the woman isn't doing anything wrong).

As much as I agree with ContinuousThunder, I have to say your analogy is one of the better ones I've heard.

It's apt because, like marriage, the aversion is based on social convention. When you include all the shaming that men get when they date a trans woman, your analogy is pretty damned spot-on.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
a reply to: Domo1

In that case I would just refer to you by name which I would recommend as the polite option for anyone who feels that referring to a Trans person as their outward presentation would violate their own precious beliefs.

No offense but really can't we simplify things. Whether male-female, or female to male, the possible harm i might do by mis-pronouning someone frightens me. Can't we just be more generic to avoid possible misidentifying someone. Tranny is a good slang I think. It is even non-binary... i think...
And ....ummm, now I wandered off.....

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: bulwarkz

In that case I would just refer to you by name which I would recommend as the polite option for anyone who feels that referring to a Trans person as their outward presentation would violate their own precious beliefs.

No offense but really can't we simplify things. Whether male-female, or female to male, the possible harm i might do by mis-pronouning someone frightens me. Can't we just be more generic to avoid possible misidentifying someone. Tranny is a good slang I think. It is even non-binary... i think...

It's as great a pronoun as the n-word. So yeah, go ahead and start using it, by all means.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

It's hard to find something that isn't demeaning, yet still relatable to how I feel.

I don't think it's JUST ingrained social convention. For some people? Sure. For me? Not as much (I acknowledge that's there too). I would be fine with it if I was gay, or into trans people or whatever, maybe sheepish but I like what I like. I have my (weird) kinks (and I know that's not the same thing). I don't think it's anyone's place to say unless they're involved. Or in a situation like this where we are discussing things that would make us really uncomfortable.

It doesn't make me uncomfortable because I think it's bad to be trans, or to have intercourse with someone who is, I'm just not into it.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

It's as great a pronoun as the n-word. So yeah, go ahead and start using it, by all means.

Tranny is short for Transsexual. Tranny is not a pejorative. It is a simplification of a word. Period.

Nigger has always been a pejorative. Stop equating racism with normal language use.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bulwarkz

I don't think it's asking too much to refer to transgender people as transgender people. I used to say tranny, but it seems juvenile to me now. They don't like it, so say Trans or whatever. Trans is shorter anyway.

I used to intentionally call people by the gender they transitioned from, but that seems dumb too. It's like saying Democrap or Trumpet. It just makes the person saying it look like a child.

They're people too, even if they weird you out. If it really bothers them to be called tranny, it's not that hard to accept it and switch it to trans. If you think they're crazy, let me ask you a question. I you going to go up to someone with Down's Syndrome a retard to their face? Really no good reason not to switch.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: NobodyToldMe

Tranny is short for Transsexual. Tranny is not a pejorative. It is a simplification of a word. Period.

Nigger has always been a pejorative. Stop equating racism with normal language use.

N-word is short for negro. Stop policing my tone.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I don't know how much simpler it can get than referring to someone by their name as opposed to a designated gender pronoun. As Abysha has already pointed out Tranny is considered a derogatory term. So sure go ahead and start using it but don't be surprised when people flip you off and tell you go do things with yourself.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodyToldMe

You don't call gay people homos (I hope). Yeah it's a shortening of the word, but it either started out as being intentionally nasty or has evolved (as language is wont to do) into something nasty.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I don't know how much simpler it can get than referring to someone by their name as opposed to a designated gender pronoun. As Abysha has already pointed out Tranny is considered a derogatory term. So sure go ahead and start using it but don't be surprised when people flip you off and tell you go do things with yourself.

Or maybe just use their correct pronoun. Mind blown, right?

Toddlers will be toddlers.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Yeah well my button is bigger than yours.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I don't think it's asking too much to refer to transgender people as transgender people. I used to say tranny, but it seems juvenile to me now. They don't like it, so say Trans or whatever. Trans is shorter anyway.

I used to intentionally call people by the gender they transitioned from, but that seems dumb too. It's like saying Democrap or Trumpet. It just makes the person saying it look like a child.

They're people too, even if they weird you out. If it really bothers them to be called tranny, it's not that hard to accept it and switch it to trans. If you think they're crazy, let me ask you a question. I you going to go up to someone with Down's Syndrome a retard to their face? Really no good reason not to switch.

You bring up fair points.

My problem is the whole idea of being offended by "tranny" in the first place. Do you identify as a transgendered person? If yes then you are a tranny. Or a trans person. Either way it is what you are.

Now if someone comes up to you and says ' You are a disgusting tranny" then you would be upset right? How about if they say "you are a disgusting trans person"? Are you not upset because they used the CURRENTLY acceptable pronoun? I say currently because retard was once a medical term and was socially acceptable to use it. Now it isn't.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Yeah well my button is bigger than yours.

After all these years of HRT, I'd certainly hope so, lol.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Double post! Woo!
edit on 12-1-2018 by Abysha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: NobodyToldMe

You bring up fair points.

My problem is the whole idea of being offended by "tranny" in the first place. Do you identify as a transgendered person? If yes then you are a tranny. Or a trans person. Either way it is what you are.

Now if someone comes up to you and says ' You are a disgusting tranny" then you would be upset right? How about if they say "you are a disgusting trans person"? Are you not upset because they used the CURRENTLY acceptable pronoun? I say currently because retard was once a medical term and was socially acceptable to use it. Now it isn't.

Tranny is neither acceptable language (ie it's #ing hate speech) nor medical terminology.

[snipped]
edit on 1.13.2018 by Kandinsky because: Snipped ill-mannered comment

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

a reply to: NobodyToldMe

You don't call gay people homos (I hope). Yeah it's a shortening of the word, but it either started out as being intentionally nasty or has evolved (as language is wont to do) into something nasty.

Another fair point.

Thank god I haven't had to deal with this nonsense. If I have ever had any personal interaction with a trans person I haven't noticed. Which is the way it should be.

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join