It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ginuwine Refused To Kiss A Trans Woman On Live TV And Now The Internet Is At War

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Lol I know right! I imagine these private conversations among men like "You gotta be careful around Jimmy, he's a cool guy and all but he's only 78% percent heterosexual. So you never know he might be having one of them 22% days if ya know what I'm saying."

edit on 12-1-2018 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

more important to you than being really attracted to and having great chemistry with someone, that's transphobic. the end

This is just ridiculous. No one is scared, people just aren't into it. Straight men are not into penises. Most straight men are not into vaginas crafted from penises.

I don't get where the distinction is between not wanting to bang someone that used to be a different sex and any other preference. I have very little attraction for larger women. I can appreciate they're beautiful, could enjoy ones company no problem, but just don't have a desire to bed one.

This complete lack of self awareness is what freaks me out lately. You ARE different than what the norm is. People expect the norm if that's how you present. There's a reason it's called TRANSgender and you have to be surgically altered and chemically altered to pass as the "correct" sex. I'm not even suggesting that you all are crazy or lying, I'm just saying don't expect other people to be into it, and then act like they're a monster for not wanting a romantic or sexual relationship. There are clearly enough people out there that are fine with it.

Are straight people all homophobes?

i'm just saying, that sort of thing kills hundreds of women a year
and the name for it is transphobia.

I think that has less to do with transphobia and more the unfortunate lifestyles many of them choose or are forced in to. Prostitutes and drug users get murdered frequently, regardless of pronouns.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
lol Gin wine is still relevant lol? laughing until crying faze.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

haha autocorrect gin wine

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

So in summation many men who like Trans-women are in fact heterosexual.

I don't think it's that black and white. If the man is aware of your birth history, I don't think you can say he's heterosexual. There should be a new word for it. Transtracted or something.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I don't think it's that black and white. If the man is aware of your birth history, I don't think you can say he's heterosexual. There should be a new word for it. Transtracted or something.

I disagree, good day Sir or Madam.
edit on 12-1-2018 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Sir or Madam

Why not both?

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

In that case I would just refer to you by name which I would recommend as the polite option for anyone who feels that referring to a Trans person as their outward presentation would violate their own precious beliefs.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Most people don't like being lied to.

Lets' try this thought experiment out.

1. I as a woman do my level best to convince everyone around I am a man and do my best to go out and pick up a woman and get it on with her, not revealing that I am actually a straight woman doing my best to outright lead her on and fool her until the very last second when it would become obvious anyway.

How do you think she is going to feel about it? Do you think she has every right to feel that way about it?

2. I am a transman and do the same.

The only difference now is that I believe I am a man even though it is still patently obvious at the last second I'm not, not in the way that woman expects me to be because I haven't told her what I am -- a transperson.

How do you think she is going to feel about it? Do you think she has every right to feel that way about it?

I contend the answers is each scenario are likely to be the same because she's been lied to in both cases. You aren't quite the man she's been expecting, and you've put her in a vulnerable position by the time the truth comes out. That's very upsetting and she's going to be red-hot angry in both cases and has every right to be.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think it should be treated as rape if it's not disclosed.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

But aside from that, the problem with this whole Ginuwine/India thing isn't a case of mistaken identity. Everyone knows what India is.

The basic facts are that Ginuwine said NO, and India refused to get that NO means NO, even for a man, and even if you happen to be transgender. Then when she got smacked down for it, India tries to pull her victim card and claim that Ginuwine would really want her, but he's a transphobic bigot. Sorry, honey, he's just not into you, and you tried to assault him.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I can agree with you on the fact that not dating a transsexual woman doesn't make a man transphobic. I think there is some underlying conditioning evident in a man's past anytime I hear one make a blanket statement like that but I wouldn't call it "transphobic".

But... I've never had a gay man hit on me and I've only dated one bisexual guy. Most men who date transwomen are absolutely hetero. To call them anything but is rooted in bigotry at least a little bit because you are essentially saying that those men are dating something other than a woman. Some men just like women, period. Cis or trans; a lot of straight guys are indifferent and date both.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Most people don't like being lied to.

Lets' try this thought experiment out.

1. I as a woman do my level best to convince everyone around I am a man and do my best to go out and pick up a woman and get it on with her, not revealing that I am actually a straight woman doing my best to outright lead her on and fool her until the very last second when it would become obvious anyway.

2. I am a transman and do the same.

The only difference now is that I believe I am a man even though it is still patently obvious at the last second I'm not, not in the way that woman expects me to be because I haven't told her what I am -- a transperson.

I contend the answers is each scenario are likely to be the same because she's been lied to in both cases. You aren't quite the man she's been expecting, and you've put her in a vulnerable position by the time the truth comes out. That's very upsetting and she's going to be red-hot angry in both cases and has every right to be.

This is probably the most respectful approach I've seen you make on any trans-related topic and it totally makes sense. It's not a transphobic issue, it's an issue of expectations.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

She was acting like a complete jackass. You don't get an all access pass by screaming transphobia just because someone isn't into you.

I'm pretty sure that Ginuwine can still pull in very attractive women. She is not an attractive woman, she also looks like she's got 15 years on him.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I think there is some underlying conditioning evident in a man's past anytime I hear one make a blanket statement like that but I wouldn't call it "transphobic".

Well I think it's safe to say we all have at least a dose of that going on.

To call them anything but is rooted in bigotry at least a little bit because you are essentially saying that those men are dating something other than a woman.

I don't mean to offend, but I DO think it's different than dating a woman. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, just not my preference.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I think there is some underlying conditioning evident in a man's past anytime I hear one make a blanket statement like that but I wouldn't call it "transphobic".

Well I think it's safe to say we all have at least a dose of that going on.

To call them anything but is rooted in bigotry at least a little bit because you are essentially saying that those men are dating something other than a woman.

I don't mean to offend, but I DO think it's different than dating a woman. I don't think there's anything wrong with that, just not my preference.

Dating a transwoman vs dating a cisgender woman is different, sure. But in both cases, you are dating a woman. Pros and cons for each, lol. And nothing wrong with not wanting to date both, either, or neither.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Dating a transwoman vs dating a cisgender woman is different, sure. But in both cases, you are dating a woman.

I suppose I can accept that.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
the issue here is you all have a pretty fixed image in your head of what constitutes a trans woman, and it's an image informed by decades and decades of popular media treating us like jokes and hideous monsters. You all think you can see straight through us, that you can Just Tell It's Not A Real Woman, and yeah sure there are a lot of really poorly passing trans people out there these days but there are also ones you would never ever guess in your entire life.
[snipped]
medical science has come a long long way and what's left is all in your head.

Not being into larger women is not an appropriate analogy. a far better one would be falling for a gorgeous girl and then learning she had a real chubby phase in grade school. yeah she was biiig back then but now she is everything you ever wanted. does the knowledge of her past change your current attraction to her?

if it does, maybe it's time have a think about why that is the case, what it means, and where it comes from instead of just being reactionary about it.

and like come on, i've already said i get it. i don't expect or want everyone to be into everything and it's super disingenuous to imply that's what i'm getting at here.
a lot of people in this thread are making really really strong emotional claims about things they know literally nothing about based on ingrained societal bias and assumptions. looks like a phobia from where i'm sitting.
edit on 1.13.2018 by Kandinsky because: Snipped graphic line

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

looks like a phobia from where i'm sitting.

Phobia: An extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something.

You are willing, eager even, to catagorize someone else's normal preferences as a phobia.

What a load of muck.

I tell you this clearly, I do not have a fear of trans people.

I tell you this clearly, I do not wish to marry or date a trans person.

This is my right, and your rights end where mine begin.

P

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
phobia in the social sense.
think less arachnophobia and more xenophobia.

and i'll tell you this clearly, buddy;
YOU HAVE NO WAY TO KNOW IF THE WOMAN YOU DROOL OVER ON YOUR DAILY COMMUTE IS CIS OR TRANS
you make assumptions based on inherited social bias but this is true - there is every chance you've had a crush on a trans woman before and just didn't know.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join