It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ginuwine Refused To Kiss A Trans Woman On Live TV And Now The Internet Is At War

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

agreed....people are into what they are into.

And they should feel free to do so.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: djz3ro

I say Trams to include Transsexual as well as Transgendered.

I'm obviously well behind. There 's a distinction ? Damn it.

I don't even know if I'm right, Trans might only mean Transgendered these days. It's all becoming so complicated.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Honesty is essential in a relationship, I have ended relationships after finding out I have been lied to "No, I didn't sleep with him" happened twice.
edit on 9/1/18 by djz3ro because: Recycled a double post....

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
how about this little minx ?

Any straight man that would not kiss....errr....zee...is a transphobic Trump loving homophobe.

You're making the assumption that person would be into men? Most transgender Women I know are lesbians or at least bi. I'm not saying this is true.across the board but being Trams doesn't mean you're into men

Shame..that Kurt Douglas chin dimple brings it all together...
edit on 9-1-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
a reply to: Abysha

In person, I don't say anything unless it goes beyond buying drinks and flirting. You'll find that most in my shoes follow that same rule of thumb. It's much safer being an open book.

I cringe every time I see one from our camp getting blasted for saying or doing something ridiculous. With all eyes on us these days its more important than ever that we come off as sane and reasonable people to the general public. Like stop making the rest of us look bad with that kind of foolishness. I also don't think that it is Transphobic to not necessarily be attracted to any one of us in particular. We all do have a right to our tastes and preferences but I don't agree that a man can't be 100% heterosexual if he dates or finds a Trans-woman attractive, that kind of mentality reeks of insecurity.

Just for the record, please don't fall for the trap you just mentioned. You are individuals and you should be judged as individuals. As in, no collective punishment.

I say that because after 9/11 happened, Muslims as a whole have been treated with that same collective judgment crap. Every time a shooting or bombing happened, we would sit around hoping it wasn't a Muslim because of the predictable kneejerk bigotry and the fact that we'd somehow have to answer for their actions. Then one day it hit me: why should I feel like that? I didn't do it & I don't know the ones who did it. They're the only ones who are responsible for their actions so they're the only ones who should accept the blame for them.

So I'd advise you to let that burden go. Every single demographic has its idiots. But the actions of those idiots don't determine who you are or what you're worth. If you want the LGBT community to be seen a certain way by the general public, then be an example of that image & don't worry about the rest.

I started supporting LGBT rights precisely because I've gone to school with & worked with a lot of good people who just so happened to be LGBT. They talked sports with us, debated music celebs & movies, gossiped & talked crap like we did, had personal quirks/grudges/rivals, etc. They were just people. I think a lot of the close minded people who blindly attack other demographics simply haven't had sustained contact with those demographics.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

So I wasn't the only one who wondered at what point anyone was going to worry about Ginuwine's lack of consent?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Xtrozero

The same way I tell a heterosexual that he or she is unattractive.

I guess India has the same excuse built in that Obama did. With Obama, it was never that you were opposed to his policies on principle, it was because you didn't like his race. With India, it isn't that you are just not all that into her (?), it's that you're a transphobic bigot.

See how that works?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Nope. I was raised to believe that no means just that. No.

How is this guy even remotely the villain of the piece?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Boundaries

Personal boundaries are the physical, emotional and mental limits we establish to protect ourselves from being manipulated, used, or violated by others. They allow us to separate who we are, and what we think and feel, from the thoughts and feelings of others. Their presence helps us express ourselves as the unique individuals we are, while we acknowledge the same in others.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Xtrozero

The same way I tell a heterosexual that he or she is unattractive.

I guess India has the same excuse built in that Obama did. With Obama, it was never that you were opposed to his policies on principle, it was because you didn't like his race. With India, it isn't that you are just not all that into her (?), it's that you're a transphobic bigot.

See how that works?

Come now, a great many objections was about Obama's "race" not simply his policies, I am against many aspects of his policies both foreign and domestic but could draw a distinction between what he is as an ethnic I'd and what he did as a president, don't tell me that a lot of folks didn't conflate the two.
edit on 9-1-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Ginuwine isn't the villain. He's the victim.

He didn't want to be kissed, but India did it anyway or tried to and in some circles, that constitutes sexual assault. Seems we agree more than you realize.

The only people who don't think so are the ones who want to make India the victim as the transperson.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Don't tell me that a lot of people didn't accuse many conflating when they weren't either.

This is the same effect. Too many people are so wrapped up in someone's victim status that they can't see the forest for the trees.

It isn't that Ginuwine isn't into India and doesn't want to be kissed and it can't be that India crossed a line in trying to kiss Ginuwine anyway ... I cannot believe I am seriously typing this ... No, it has to be that Ginuwine is some kind of bigot, and that's the only possible reason why he won't kiss India! That's it! End of discussion ... Don't you see how wrong that is?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

But you are acting as if eveeery one who was opposed to Obama was because he was kinda sucky as President and nothing else.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

No, I'm not. I am saying that the same kind of person who can watch India kiss Ginuwine even after he tells her no and then accuse him of being a bigot is the same kind of person who could listen to a person lay out a principled objection to one of Obama's policy positions and then still accuse them of only not liking it because they're a racist.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

But you are acting as if eveeery one who was opposed to Obama was because he was kinda sucky as President and nothing else.

But assuming someones motives and intent when it is unstated seems pretty unfair.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Spider879

But assuming someones motives and intent when it is unstated seems pretty unfair.

I have seen the signs and posters,heard the raw racism from some, I'm not saying every single one who opposed him is like that, I started out as a fan but was done With him by yrs two or three of his first term, check most of my post on Obama, but I separated the man from who he is.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Nope its his choice not to kiss someone doesnt make him transphobic , its about personal space right ?
genuwine is in the right here , he can do what he likes with his own body and has the right to reject any advances into his personal space

what im thinking is India , would probably not have done that in public to anyone , simply because she is on tv , and making an issue out of this
I think she feels she has the whole trans community and liberal community as her back up so she thought # it , I'll do it , its gonna kick up a fuss and I'l get media attention.

edit on 10-1-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   

You allowed the fringe to color your view of the many.

Its not an accusation. Its an observation. I think highly of you....so dont get me wrong.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

What the hell is a Genuwine? and why hasn't Big brother been canned yet? I think those are the bigger questions.

Who cares? I'd snog a transgender if it annoyed the prudes out there that would rather have an orgy with their thirteen Winchesters then have marital relations with their own wife.

People get turned on by guns or cars, but transgenders? oh no that's unhealthy. I'm a man who would love to be woken up at midnight to a Succubus that looked like Charlize Theron straddling me, but if it was a man yeah I wouldn't be okay with that.

Different strokes people, different strokes.

edit on 10-1-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

I hear that , me and my fiance have successfully navigated 14 years of a relationship and honesty is by far the most important thing in a relationship , being open and honest about your opinions and feelings.
Communication is the key , that and a good sex life hahaha

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join