It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ginuwine Refused To Kiss A Trans Woman On Live TV And Now The Internet Is At War

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Sexual preference is plastic for the most part.

A hetero male believes he is 100% hetero because hes never spent 20 years with only men around to test his belief.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

If you don't kiss a transgendered person you are a transphobic bigot??

Yeah, this really is a "thing". Also called the "cotton ceiling." I won't provide any links, but a simple search will provide plenty of sources.

For the most part, it refers to lesbians who will not consider a transgender woman as a romantic/sexual partner; but it applies equally to "cis" men who refuse to date transgender women. The whole "cotton ceiling" thing is also associated with the "TERF" slur and other verbal abuse/threats against women (usually feminists) who do not recognize transgender women as "real" women and continue to champion for women's issues and ignoring the insistence of transgender women that they aren't "inclusive."

It seems to be coming most often from autogynephiles -- though even autogynephilia itself is much disputed.

It's all such a huge mess, eh? No doubt as intended.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
a reply to: djz3ro

You're making the assumption that person would be into men? Most transgender Women I know are lesbians or at least bi. I'm not saying this is true.across the board but being Trans doesn't mean you're into men

you have one over me...I know no Trans people. I live in backwards part of the woods...and back here...this trend hasnt caught up...yet.

Anyway...this logic doesnt sound...logical to me...but...I'm guessing logic doesnt play a part.

In any way...I do wonder about what you said...if indeed it's true. Why is that...why would trans "women" (meaning guys that call themselves women now) be more lesbians. Are you saying that sexual preference is somehow determined by their new found gender status ?

I live in a small town now, with no Trans people, I have Trans friends in Dundee, Glasgow and Edinburgh. I say Trams to include Transsexual as well as Transgendered. All Transsexuals I know are bi, I know 3 pre op and 2 post op Transgendered women, 1 of them.(post) is a straight woman, the rest all lesbian but 1 who is bi.

I have joked with one of them that all my Trans friends are lesbians but never got into a discussion about it.
edit on 9/1/18 by djz3ro because: This is a sticky enough subject without me labelling Transgendered people as Trams...

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
with all the Harvey Weinstein business still going on, is it right for ANY person to be put in a position where they might feel they have to kiss someone they perhaps feel uncomfortable with?

I aint sticking up for this bloke's homophobia or whatever, but seriously, no one has the right to demand another kiss them and so forth.
edit on 34pTue, 09 Jan 2018 07:15:34 -060020182018-01-09T07:15:34-06:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: Definitely not Einstein

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Im gonna demand sexual intimacy from random people then call them misandrist and sexist for denying me.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

"Today on Access Hollywoo"

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

A hetero male believes he is 100% hetero because hes never spent 20 years with only men around to test his belief.

LOL...I'll take your word on that.

Faith needs testing from time to time

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: SprocketUK

Im gonna demand sexual intimacy from random people then call them misandrist and sexist for denying me.

Yeah, and its worse because all the media companies portray themselves as so "right on" yet can't see the pure wrongness of putting people in these positions to make "entertainment"

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

I say Trams to include Transsexual as well as Transgendered.

I'm obviously well behind. There 's a distinction ? Damn it.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Dont take my word. Its ome of those things that just happens. We habe all heard stories of prisoners, sea travelers and soldiers over the ages.

Sexual preference is a spectrum across everything including gender. Experience and association drives change.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

but is that truly...sexual preference ? or is it purely...the need to relieve yourself...for the lack of a better word.

I'm thinking...in a sense...what's available. Kinda like...you would eat dog poo if there's nothing else to eat and you're starving.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

If it happened like it was described, that's a missed opportunity for a healthy public dialog. Her question and his answer should have been the beginning of a discussion, not an invitation for physical advances. She totally screwed that up.

On a side note, who still watches this crap?!

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
The left know nothing about phermones i guess. I wont kiss a trans woman sexually either. My mind rejects the illusion that surgery provides.

Im not transphobic and anyone who knows me even casually knows im not intolerant. Its all being made into something its not

With every man I've dated, I was the first trans woman they'd been intimate with. Most of them with the opinion that they thought they just "weren't attracted to them" yet there they were, buying me drinks. And the pheromone argument is also silly; it's based on hormones which most trans folks possess in the proper fashion according to their gender. Pheromones absolutely remain in play for me and most other trans people.

So when somebody makes a blanket statement like that, it doesn't offend me; it just sounds empty. And, by the way, no it's not transphobic to not be attracted to a particular person. Don't let liberals get away with that guilt trip garbage. People are into what they are into and rarely are they honest about it. And that's totally okay since it's really nobody's business.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The internet is at war?

No. A few people are all up in a lather about this. That is all.

Overstate much?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

And, by the way, no it's not transphobic to not be attracted to a particular person.

So I'm hoping to get your opinion on a new argument that I keep seeing pop up. That if you didn't think the person was trans, and were attracted to them, if you found out they were trans and you instantly lost that attraction it's transphobic.

This in turn seems to have led to some people claiming that transpeople shouldn't need to tell someone before the sexy times and only if the topic of having children together comes up. This one seems to get a lot less support, thankfully.

I personally think it's something that should be disclosed before any action is taken, for a number of reasons. If the person gets violent or abusive, that's obviously not OK, but just saying "Oh, I'm not interested, sorry." seems perfectly acceptable.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

And, by the way, no it's not transphobic to not be attracted to a particular person.

So I'm hoping to get your opinion on a new argument that I keep seeing pop up. That if you didn't think the person was trans, and were attracted to them, if you found out they were trans and you instantly lost that attraction it's transphobic.

This in turn seems to have led to some people claiming that transpeople shouldn't need to tell someone before the sexy times and only if the topic of having children together comes up. This one seems to get a lot less support, thankfully.

I personally think it's something that should be disclosed before any action is taken, for a number of reasons. If the person gets violent or abusive, that's obviously not OK, but just saying "Oh, I'm not interested, sorry." seems perfectly acceptable.

I've heard that argument a lot lately, too. As a social statement, you'll find that most progressive people will say "a trans person doesn't owe their potential sexual partner that sort of intimate knowledge". I kind of get that but, to be honest, I know very very few trans women who would omit that information.

The reason is safety. "trans panic" murder defense is a real thing. Personally, on dating sites, I discuss that fact. Mostly to set expectations (some "chasers" are after women like me for the wrong reasons) and to minimize the odds of being assaulted by some guy with a fragile sense of sexuality.

In person, I don't say anything unless it goes beyond buying drinks and flirting. You'll find that most in my shoes follow that same rule of thumb. It's much safer being an open book.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

but is that truly...sexual preference ? or is it purely...the need to relieve yourself...for the lack of a better word.

I'm thinking...in a sense...what's available. Kinda like...you would eat dog poo if there's nothing else to eat and you're starving.

Someone who is 100% hetero would never consider it, though.

Thats my point.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

His body his rules.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Violence may happen before or after, a prick is gonna be a prick regardless , but the world as is in 2018 for a straight guy, is not ready for a WTF moment the morning after, a discussion while having drinks or just hanging out is OK, after that , it is what it is... Enjoy life.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

In person, I don't say anything unless it goes beyond buying drinks and flirting. You'll find that most in my shoes follow that same rule of thumb. It's much safer being an open book.

Agree here 100% and I'm the same way and I also find in my experience that most other girls that I know of are the same way.

I cringe every time I see one from our camp getting blasted for saying or doing something ridiculous. With all eyes on us these days its more important than ever that we come off as sane and reasonable people to the general public. Like stop making the rest of us look bad with that kind of foolishness. I also don't think that it is Transphobic to not necessarily be attracted to any one of us in particular. We all do have a right to our tastes and preferences but I don't agree that a man can't be 100% heterosexual if he dates or finds a Trans-woman attractive, that kind of mentality reeks of insecurity.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join