It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ginuwine Refused To Kiss A Trans Woman On Live TV And Now The Internet Is At War

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This story is not that big or important, than say North Korea or health care. But it is a social issue..read on.

Some are arguing on whether the singer's latest actions were transphobic or not.

Singer Ginuwine has sparked a heated debate on Twitter after a recent episode of Celebrity Big Brother UK. In the latest episode, Ginuwine seemingly rejected fellow housemate India Willoughby.

The controversy stems from a conversation between Willoughby and the “Pony” singer, in which she asked whether he would date a trans woman. “You would date me, yeah,” Willoughby, who is a trans woman herself, asked. “Not if you were trans,” Ginuwine replied. After Ginuwine replied that he would not date a trans woman, Willoughby attempted to plant a kiss on the singer. When her advance was rejected, Willoughby stormed off.
www.bet.com...

Kill the link for more.

This is where some on the left stabs itself in the leg,
If you don't kiss a transgendered person you are a transphobic bigot?? How about one's own choice, ferchrisakes guys we are winning the culture wars, don't fkitup, think back 20 or even 10yrs ago take the win and don't do stupid.
edit on 8-1-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Big brother is still a thing in the U. K ? I can't believe people are still watching that rubbish.

To address the op, since when is it offensive to not kiss someone, we have multiple suits worldwide from women whom have had unwanted advances from men which I imagine include kissing, now we have a transgender pissed off about not being kissed.... This world is getting more screwed up by the day.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I wouldn't either. I would find it very distasteful.

That is my choice!

I would suggest that the attempted kiss was sexual harassment and the follow up storm is also sexual harassment.

It seems though that LBGTIGFHTSRES87984RYFVFXD and the rest often get a free pass because ... I don't know, perhaps because hey are precious.

P

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Big brother is still a thing in the U. K ? I can't believe people are still watching that rubbish.

To address the op, since when is it offensive to not kiss someone, we have multiple suits worldwide from women whom have had unwanted advances from men which I imagine include kissing, now we have a transgender pissed off about not being kissed.... This world is getting more screwed up by the day.

Yes, how sad, we've(America) moved on to 37 different versions of real house whores of some # county.

It took me longer to realize who ginuwine is than it did to remember the setup of big brother. That doesn't bode well for either.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Double standards. If a guy tried to forcibly kiss a woman, it would be assault and she'd be praised for turning away the advance. In this case, a guy decides he doesn't want to forcibly kiss a transgender, now all of a sudden it is homophobic.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
snot transphobic......

by any stretch....

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
It's crazy. People have the ownership over their own bodies and give permission on who can touch them etc. Well not anymore apparently.

It's like somebody asking "would you date an Asian man" and saying no because that's not what you're into, you're branded racist even though it's just not your taste.

They should have got Kanye in the house instead; Trans Model Amanda Lepore reportedly had an affair with him while married to Karpdashian.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Isn’t kissing someone who doesn’t want to be kissed by you considered sexual harassment and possibly sexual assault? Or was that just last week?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You would think given the new boundaries being set as we speak, that one would be mindful of unwanted approaches .
What happen if Ginuwine went #metoo on her, then what??...hate to say but the left, my side of the political divide do stupid overboard things a lot.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

LOL, Kanye will kiss anything.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Really, the whole internet?

Figures, the FIRST and ONLY place I've heard about this is on here...

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You would think given the new boundaries being set as we speak, that one would be mindful of unwanted approaches .
What happen if Ginuwine went #metoo on her, then what??...hate to say but the left, my side of the political divide do stupid overboard things a lot.
Maybe transsexuals can’t commit sexual assault, Like minorities can’t be racist?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

"The Internet is..." articles are 99% bull#. This one is particularly egregious. Look at the number of likes/retweets these tweets have received.

1 retweet, 2 likes
0 retweets, 1 like
1 retweet, 3 likes

That's not the "Internet at war" by any stretch of the imagination. I mean, really, what the actual f is going on here with this piece?

As for your commentary, I agree.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Oh someone wanted this to go viral, figures.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Yes, the UK is full of brain dead atrophying zombies. It is finished. This is the throne of the liberalism that has been a plague upon the West unfortunately. If Britain sank under the waves of the ocean the West would be all the healthier for it...unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I'm surprised the headline didn't read

"Trans Girl Denied Pony Ride"

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

I wouldn't either. I would find it very distasteful.

That is my choice!

I would suggest that the attempted kiss was sexual harassment and the follow up storm is also sexual harassment.

It seems though that LBGTIGFHTSRES87984RYFVFXD and the rest often get a free pass because ... I don't know, perhaps because hey are precious.

P

It would seem that you have some issues of your own which your stupidly divisive post and are somewhat precious as well.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I agree with you completely. As long as it's consenting adults, people should be free to be attracted to or not attracted to whoever they choose. No one should be pressured either way, which is why consent is so important.

I completely support the LGBT community's quest for equal rights, privileges, and responsibilities. But I'm still a heterosexual male. And even though I'm only attracted to females, there are still a lot of females that I'm not attracted to either. So hypothetically speaking, why would I be expected to kiss someone just because a crowd or some writers want to see it?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Can't say I blame him looks and sounds like a guy I could see how that might turn him off does me. Getting breasts and having long hair doesn't wake you look like a woman. Men and women have difrences in facial features. And guys know what makes a women look pretty we are attracted to the lips the eyes etc.

palmbeachplastics.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join