It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question why is liquor and tabaco use not punishable with a prison sentence

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I'm happy enough with pot being illegal here, 9 plants or less is usually just a caution, personal possession is ignored by cops, and as I previously said I actually forget it's illegal because so many people smoke it.

As far as working goes, loads of jobs are easier to do stoned, painting and decorating, brick laying, cement/lime rendering etc. Loads of boys smoke on sites I work at and produce quality work as they zone into what they're doing.

Illegal meh, only the US throws people in prison for personal use of pot, nobody really cares in the UK, I've seen plenty of cops over the years just chuckle and ignore small amounts, they actually prefer pot smokers to violent drunks lol

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

In the early 1900s the government told farmers and Christians that marijuana was a sinful drug. So the brainwashing from the pulpits and propaganda began. The Christians do not see alcohol, tobacco, as unforgivable sins. We elect the people who are morally against pot and write laws that send people to prison.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Prison and pharmaceutical lobbies.

To me it looks wholly like Sessions has been bought off by thr prison lobby.

If you have a complaint write your representatives. Its their job to change the laws

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Why isn't prostitution legal???

It´s illegal?
Ok, i guess in prudish nations that can´t accept that prostitution is one of the oldest businesses on earth.

Edit.
To the op:
Because of the alcohol- the pharma- and the tobacco lobby!

edit on 9 1 2018 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Heres the deal....

If you have some paperwork and a camera its art, and isnt illegal.

Its all context i guess.

Lol

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I see what you are doing here, but there is an actual answer when it comes to alcohol (see: Prohibition's outcome). Then on top of that each industry's lobby purse is IMMENSE.
edit on 9-1-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Liquor is protected in the amendments of the constitution. They already tried extreme prohibition against it which is also in the amendmets before the repeal.

Tobacco nay harm the user, but generally speaking it doesn't much have potential to affect other people outside of the ways in which its use is being regulated, i.e., proximity to certain locations. It doesn't alter the mind and impair judgement.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Kennedys' distribution rights for Scotch whisky. His company, Somerset Importers, became the exclusive American agent for Gordon's Gin and Dewar's Scotch. In addition, Kennedy purchased spirits-importation rights from Schenley Industries, a firm in Canada for starters. 6 Mega Corporations Control Almost the Entire Global Cigarette Industry. Money is the answer.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi
a reply to: TheLotLizard

That sucks. I've never had a bad trip but I can see how terrifying they'd be. Maybe give it some time and make sure you're in a good frame of mind and have a chaperone next time

I might also add I've never smoked a cigarette nore taken any other drugs before. We have a collective perception that 'shrooms are hard drugs but even gov't websites say they're not that extreme.

Wasn’t a bad trip. It’s just that after I was all messed up.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Why isn't prostitution legal???

Prostitution is legal in Nevada and several European Union countries.

It is still illegal in Nevada except in government approved brothels. You still can’t just go out on the street and buy a hooker or have someone pay you for sex.

So it’s pretty much 90% illegal still.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: seasonal

It's money silly, it's always money.

No.
Mary Jane is easily taxed and regulated.

Competition to BigPharma is the only true reason.

You kinda proved his/her point here. "Big Pharma" are major corporations that are owned by stockholders. Those stockholders will lose money from their investments if enough maryjane is legalized. So they're protecting their own investments by attacking maryjane.

Legal maryjane can definitely be taxed and regulated, but that tax money & money from licenses goes into public coffers instead of going into the bank accounts of investors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join