It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oprah - "Our Culture is Broken by Brutally Powerful Men"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
(post by Oldtimer2 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

And so could have a lot of women and men in the industry, and did, but no - one listened, no - one cared.
Doesn't matter if it was 'known' back then or not, it's happening now and the gig is up. Wienstien was a powerful person, who knew a lot of people who could ruin careers, reputations, and who knows what else.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Sure women should just learn to shut their mouth. Unless some man needs it.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I wish we wouldn't diminish the thread with partisan mud-slinging.

It's not a stab at women or the Democratic party.

The reason I posted was because both sides are equally as guilty, yet because of the madness of the constant mud-slinging they fail to see their hypocritical ignorance.

We've been so brainwashed to pick a side, from a young age, then blindly follow it that we lose sight of what's right and wrong.
edit on 9-1-2018 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jan 9 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

It’s pretty damn retarded to feign disagreement with an observable fact just because you don’t like who said it.

I was almost with you , up till that childish interjection of name calling .
When will liberals ever learn to act their age and not their shoe size ? That would make them viable for a change.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I think she has a point tbh.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
I think she has a point tbh.

She absolutely has a point, however it's undermined because she can't see the hypocrisy's in her own circle of friends. People need to straighten their own house up first, before telling the neighbors how crappy theirs looks.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Sorry but having a few photos with folk at parties doesn't mean they were best pals.
Trump has been photographed with we in stein also.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Most of Hollywood's culture is full of hypocrisy. They boo people for calling out abusers by name but applaud grandiose speeches about freeing women from predator men.

The can of worms that is Weinstein leaves the real work of removing the rest of the very well known abusers, no matter who they are. God or not.

Do that before anyone else jumps on this bandwagon of great sounding words filling empty sentiment.

edit on 1 9 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
She is a money pig, with twisted moral values, and those appear to be fake boobs!~

Oh my.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Sorry but having a few photos with folk at parties doesn't mean they were best pals.
Trump has been photographed with we in stein also.

It's really not the point of the thread, however if more information is needed Oprah and Harvey were very close, in fact Oprah was Harvey's guest at a number of his events. Oprah starred in some of his productions as well.

One only needs to Google, or remember.

dailycaller.com...

Now why on earth would Harvey single out Oprah? Maybe because they were close, and she is influential among women?

After Weinstein was exposed as a sexual predator, the mogul said Oprah called him to offer her support. TMZ reports that Oprah called Weinstein to offer advice and support after the allegations hit:

Harvey has repeatedly told his team and friends that Oprah called him earlier this week and said he needed to speak out and defend himself, and when he did she would be right there supporting him.

We’re told Harvey has said a number of powerful people have called to voice support, but he singled out Oprah over and over.

If Oprah wants to take down brutally powerful men, then maybe she needs to be fair across the board.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I'm curious about you having read some of your posts. Do you ever have an opinion about a topic, or do you rely on quick hit and runs with repeated insults towards those of the democrat persuasion? Do you think that adds to a thread in any way, or provides anything of value? Your posts seem overly self-indulgent to me.

Just exploring your thought process, or even if you''ve thought about it.

edit on Tue Jan 9 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Don't you know. Only liberals are for women's rights and against sexual assault.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

Go to Germany and be Merkel's foot stool.

You completely ignore my point just to make some snarky response?

Well done you!

Why do you assume a certain type of sex can do better?

Strawman alert!
That isn’t even remotely related to my post.

Well done you!

posted on Mar, 4 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Yeah...right Oprah: twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I've never put much stock into what she says. She comes across as someone who always tries to put herself into the spotlight.
A guest can say "I broke my leg", she will reply with "Oh really? Me Too!" Virtually every episode I ever watched, or rather came on when I was to lazy to change the channel went this way. Grew up poor? She lived in a hovel, Parents died when you were 3 ?, Hers disappeared at birth etc etc.

Almost seemed like she was trying to one-up her guests in who had a crappier life, kinda like the Deadpool film lol.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join