It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Beginners Guide to Henna Hair Colour

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Ok..
Off to look into this from a colour perspective.

Ok, ironically a natural hair coloring product for stunning yet un-natural results.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: aliensanonymous

Yeah I've been meaning to do a chemical free cleaning post for a while. I love using vinegar, castile soap

I mix some instant coffee with water and put it on my scalp. The caffeine stimulates hair growth. I also have rosemary oil that I use as well. For the ends try any nut oil particularly argan. You can buy the oils cheaply on eBay. Also if you're serious about growing hair don't wash it every day. I have a body shower or bath everyday but only wash my hair every 3 days. Your hair gets used to it and you can always braid it into pigtails for the 3rd day

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

thanks for posting!

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I like the black look, it has more of a silvery grey contrast. I've always liked that color on most women.
edit on 8-1-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Lol, the orange color.

Lelu Dallas........multipass.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

FYI this OP is for people who are interested in natural hair color. Go post an "I love Kalixi" thread if you're so interested in me.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

Just commenting on the info bigburgh posted. Thanks for pointing me back on track.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Sorry I didn't see your latter posts

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

It does answer my questions, thanks much for the reply!

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

No worries,

Let me know how it turns out

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Question..

My sister is older than I by 9 years. Wayyy smarter than me, but also suffered some health related issues. She has very fine Baby hair that is red. She wants a copper look now with purple...

(sister is looking over my shoulder)
No... now she says purple. I always worry about her because 5 strokes by 51. And I don't want unwanted metals osmosis-seeping into her head. And I'm the one that helps her in these matters.
(I should note there is a known congenital health factor)

The healthcare provider in me says to go grey. But the healthcare provider also says to look into it some more.

Edit: Can't seem to get all the ingredients online. I'll have to purchase and break it down from there.

edit on 9-1-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Hey sis!
good question

There are some mixed that have additives in them like metallic salts and chemicals. I don't think they'd be as bad as regular box dye but for this case I'd recommend using 100% pure henna. There are products that guarantee to be 100% henna. Dont buy body grade henna thats used in henna tattoos - it has chemicals in it.

Henna can be mixed with other natural dyes to tone down the red or to make a narrow range of colours. The purple colour in your 3rd picture graph seems to be mixed with something to create those vivid burgandy/purple hues. You'd probably have to check on the company's website because by-law they need to provide a list of ingredients. I daresay it's a natural box dye and you'd have to weigh up the ingredients to work out if theyre safe enough for your sisters circumstance.

Henna is naturally red/orange you can add natural dyes like cassia, amla and indigo to tone down the red tones and create blue black or brown. I've only used henna so I'm not sure about ratios - i reckon it's be a bit of trial and error due to the differences in peoples base colour and end result.

If your sister's naturally ginger/redhead she wont go grey but a blonde/sandy colour (natural redheads are lucky bastards like that!) Also henna will work wonders for her hair and make baby fine hair thicker. Otherwise if she wanted a treatment without any colour application I recomend cassia or amla (double check they dont dye hair)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

🤗
Thanks a million.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi

Yes it is actually but my hairs longer now and not as dark. I did some small time modelling and that was one of my shots.

That dress don't leave too much to the imagination. Not hatin' just statin'.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

Thanks Capt. Obvious. Btw it's not a dress.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Just did an application of henna last night. Here's the results.

Inside lighting:

Outside in the sun:

I had a "is that what my hair looks like from the back??" moment. I need to hike up my balayage!

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Gorgeous hair color!
I love the second photo, not just because your hair is lovely and appears healthy looking but...
THE SUN!!!!

P.S. I just noticed how long and slender your fingers are. Did/do you play piano by any chance?

edit on 9-1-2018 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I know it's like my head is on fire!! I've never been able to get this colour from a box dye nor a hairdresser

I play guitar. I could never get my head around piano and I think that learning on strings inhibited that somehow. Or I'm just extremely unco. I have a Fender Strat
and learning Enter Sandman atm

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Looks great

Thanks for posting.

Here..
Pic one

edit on 9-1-2018 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Are they yours?!?! SO COOL!

I've got to get a wall mount for mine. Always tripping over the damn thing

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join