It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative News, Why would Syria cut it nose to spite its face?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The MOSSAD is the most probable suspect, aside from all the preconstructed interpretations the mainstream media has put forward. Syria does'nt have any reason to do such a violent, bloody coup in Lebanon... and it would be to shoot their own feets, as they are not enough stupid to ignore that the US would attack them after such a murderous political move... and that's what will happen. Th goal of zionists is to get rid all enemies of the "Jews" in Middle-East and the MOSSAD is ready to do anything (even mass murders and political crimes) to push things forward into this direction. They're even worse than CIA on a moral perspective.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Well, I have pretty much ruled out Mossad. There is or was no motivation to take out PM Hariri, who was quite liked by the US, as well as having close ties to the King Fahd of Saudi Arabia, on their part. Besides, various accounts on this incident have France thinking Syria had a part in this.

Personally, it almost smells of an Iranian/Hezbollah 'mis-direction play' to take the focus off Iran and move it to Syria and Lebanon, but hey, its all speculation at this point anyhow till hard evidence is obtained and/or reported. Till then, I'm sure that Assad is doing some major sweating on this.

Maybe another Mr. Kerry visit is in order?

seekerof

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It would be a good play by Iran to do such a thing. Major distraction is needed at this point. More focus of the US on Syria, more men, more fighting. It all buys time to finish building nuclear weapons and world criticism to prevent a US to Iran facilities strike.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Personally, it almost smells of an Iranian/Hezbollah 'mis-direction play' to take the focus off Iran and move it to Syria and Lebanon, but hey, its all speculation at this point anyhow till hard evidence is obtained and/or reported.

That is some seriously brilliant speculating. But it begs a scarry quesiton. If Iran is trying to get Syria invaded, why? If I understand correctly, Iran needs 4 years to complete its heavy water reactor and can't start enriching Uranium until that is complete. They'd never get the bomb in time if that's the case.

I hate to agree with vialls and their antisemetic propaganda, but the most sensible reason for Iran to want America attacking Syria would be to get a nice big concentration of US troops to enter the Persian Gulf where they can be sunk without expecting it. Could Iran really be stupid enough to bait America into a fight? Granted this would be their best chance at winning, but I really can't imagine it going very well for them after the initial week.
Of course it's all speculation. If they are closer to the bomb, or closer to hammering out a deal for Russian troops to establish bases in Iran, or any other such thing, then it would make perfect sense for them to set it up between Syria and America.

How's this sit with you; maybe Iran thought Israel would be coming to bomb that reactor soon and wanted to escalate tensions to the point that Israel couldn't attack Iran without ending up at war with Syria? Just buying a little extra time to get air defenses in place maybe?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
"To point to Syria in a terrorist act that aims at destabilising both Syria and Lebanon is truly like blaming the US for 9/11"
Buthaina Shaaban
Syrian cabinet minister

-----------------------------

Syrian officials are mirroring what we are discussing.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Shouldn't news agencies cover something like this? Like a program titled, "Who's behind it?".

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I truly love all this outside the box thinking; ATS members never fail to find a sinister conspiracy behind a transparent move.
This assassination was a clear message from Bashir and his Iranian allies to Lebonese that want no more occupation to sit down and take it: it backfired.
Other people besides the NWO/bushies/Bilderburger/CIA launch initiatives like this, and the mullahs haven't started to do all they can in Iraq- buckle your seatbelts, it's going t get bumpy.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realist05
I truly love all this outside the box thinking; ATS members never fail to find a sinister conspiracy behind a transparent move.
This assassination was a clear message from Bashir and his Iranian allies to Lebonese that want no more occupation to sit down and take it: it backfired.

You state that as fact yet just like the rest of us you are typing behind a computer screen and the computer/tv/newspaper is all you get your information from, and those are controlled by corporations, and they are the ones reporting it transparantly which leads to the questioning of their transparancy because we all know corporations have other corporations in their pockets, so all corporations have common link between one another to kindly give one another BJ's from time to time, and we all know who loves corporations the most, George W. Bush, and they owe him a lot of BJ's.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join