It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call Me Old Fashioned...But Why Should There Be A 3rd Gender Option On A License?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: glen200376

Well the way it works in Oregon is you have male, female, and "not specified."

The way it works in DC is you have male, female, and "X."

In California you have to request an entirely new birth certificate to go that route.

Boy...that's pretty terrifying, isn't it? "Not specified" is certainly ripe for abuse by somebody who feels male one day and female the next day.

The horror, the horror.

You better hope that some mad Islamic terrorists don't use it as a means to disguise themselves in a burka while doing "terrorist things".

Yea, because a "mad Islamic terrorist" would never think to wear a Burqa unless they had a driver's license with an X on it.

That's probably the most insanely moronic slippery slope argument I've seen in some time.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I knew you'd like it!

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
So what about having to sign up for the draft? Females are not required to sign up. Do all the dudes that believe their women not have to sign up? What about the people that state they don’t have a gender? Are they required?

So when a draft comes what happens when they call your name but you’re all of the sudden a “female” do you still have to go?

What about the females that think they’re “males” are they exempt too even though they think they’re a dude and makes are required to sign up?

Just stupidity.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Why shouldn't they be able to identify as X ? If it makes things easier for them as well as the law, health care professionals, etc. during interaction, then why not?

The third gender goes into effect in my state on birth certificates at the end of the month. Assuming hat will help path the way for an easier transition to license options in the future.

The rule also removes the requirement for medical attestation for adults making the request to change their sex designation on their birth certificate. It also expands the number of health care professionals who can attest to the gender change for minors.

According to the release, minors who want to change their sex designation have to have written consent from a parent or legal guardian and an attestation by a licensed health care professional.

Source
So, I don't think people are going to identify as cats and attack helicopters in droves.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Look, you either do the full deal conversion, or you're just playing dress up.

That's my view on it.

And if you DO do the conversion, you damn well better be honest about it with anyone you're intimate with (or honestly, you risk your own life on it).

From those I actually know, I can say this. The women who became men? Perfectly happy with the choice (with just one exception, who went back, but not fully converted. (they did start out as lesbians, so that likely helped them all though).

Every guy I know who's started it, went back to just being a gay dude.

Look, I don't get it myself, but if it makes you happy, go for it, but don't expect the rest of society to not think it's just weird....because damn it, it is.

My son even thought he had it in his head....tried it just a little, and found he just couldn't deal with it (which I knew would be the case). I didn't support it, but I didn't chastise him for it either. I said hey man, you know my stance on it, it's weird....but it's your life, so whatever floats your boat.

Ooh..my daughter was mad. Wanted me to buy girl clothes for him for Christmas, etc. (2016, not last year) I said nope. He works, he pays rent, he can do that himself. Not going to happen. Then she got on me for saying "he". I'm like, look, again, you know where I'm at on it. I will ONLY do that, when he's got a vajayjay....until then, it's "he".

I'm a pretty live and let live guy...but don't expect me to change to accommodate your weirdness. Embrace being weird. I'm weird in many ways too, but I own up to it.
edit on 12-1-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join