It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call Me Old Fashioned...But Why Should There Be A 3rd Gender Option On A License?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

But Why Should There Be A 3rd Gender Option On A License?

What does it matter if there is?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 2FurryMidgets

I can't believe how many people FAIL to understand the issue I raised. Once again, IT'S NOT about how a person wishes to live...it's about a state changing the way they're going to issue their licenses. It's MY OPINION that this is foolish and unneeded...it has NOTHING to do with preventing a person to live their life the way they choose!

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

You're preventing the changes required in order for them to live the entirety of their lives as they wish. Meaning their driving licence and any other day-to-day items that they feel represent them and who they are.
edit on 8-1-2018 by 2FurryMidgets because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I"m with you on this one.
You are born either A or B. Physically you are one or the other.
I get Gays and Lesbians, each to their own but needing a third fourth fifth or sixth gender makes no sense.
And don't start me off on same sex couples having Children. You choose that lifestyle then you give up the right to bear children. Children need a Male and Female influence.
Old fashioned? Yep and damn proud of it.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Nation of hypersensitive wimps who get triggered and bent out of shape over a myriad of different things that has no relevance or effect on their lives.

Always living in a constant state of perpetual fear and victimization.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This is getting ridiculous,what I always say is-"if a dog is born in a stable it doesn't make it a horse."
I've always been a lesbian born in a man's body,which box do I tick?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2FurryMidgets

You're preventing the changes required in order for them to live the entirety of their lives as they wish. Meaning their driving licence and any other day-to-day items that they feel represent them and who they are.

So what about people who identify as Otherkin, arent we preventing them from living their lives as they wish too?

Or what about a white man, identifying himself as a hispanic woman, will that have to be on the license too?

What if you are american, but you feel more like a german, wouldnt that have to be on the license too?

or is it only certain groups who are allowed to live the entirety of their lives as they wish??

Where does the madness end?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
LOL, that's like a box for Chevy drivers, and one for Ford drivers....

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Nation of hypersensitive wimps who get triggered and bent out of shape over a myriad of different things that has no relevance or effect on their lives.

Always living in a constant state of perpetual fear and victimization.

Infact looking forward to it so they can proclaim their righteous indignation.......

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

A slippery slope,where does it end?
What if I "identify" as an alien,where is my box?
What about the so called "gender fluid",what will the state do about their licences?
If they chopping and changing all the time how do you represent that without offending them.
Bloody ridiculous basing an official document on someone's feelings.
edit on 8/1/2018 by glen200376 because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It's an issue for people because they get pissed off that people are allowed(even encouraged) to lie on an official document.
Isnt it illegal to lie on official documents?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

A slippery slope,where does it end?
What if I "identify" as an alien,where is my box?
What about the so called "gender fluid",what will the state do about their licences?
If they chopping and changing all the time how do you represent that without offending them.
Bloody ridiculous basing an official document on someone's feelings.

I see your slippery slope fallacy and raise you with another slippery slope fallacy:

What if none of that happens.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

This is ridiculous. Officers should spend more time on perfecting life-saving skills and apprehension; not how to be more sensitive to the very few transgenders that exist.

This is absurd.
edit on 8-1-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-1-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

What's taboo today will be normal tomorrow. Just keep eating what they force feed ya. If you don't conform, you're not human!

From GMO plants (non organic) to GMO human (not organic)

This is just wrong.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It would still be based on feelings and not fact.
Official documents are meant to state fact,that is one of their main purposes.
If we were to base it on feelings then can I change my date of birth to reflect that I still feel like I'm 20?
edit on 8/1/2018 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It just means bit by bit our system is being eroded. Law is scoffed at, behavior anything short of assault or murder is regarded as micro-aggressions. Down is up and the Earth is flat.

At some point this will degrade into our country evaporating into a more cynical disillusion. Where facts are inconsequential, where ......well I could go on, so could you.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

Well the way it works in Oregon is you have male, female, and "not specified."

The way it works in DC is you have male, female, and "X."

In California you have to request an entirely new birth certificate to go that route.

Boy...that's pretty terrifying, isn't it? "Not specified" is certainly ripe for abuse by somebody who feels male one day and female the next day.

The horror, the horror.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
I just read this and I can't understand why this is even being considered. ...
What's your opinion?

They are not telling you the whole story.

It's all in preparation for aliens.

See, the aliens have no gender. They are neither male, nor female.

Before we can let the aliens walk among us, we have to adapt many things in our society to accommodate their peculiar characteristics.

Getting humans used to the idea that male and female aren't the only possibilities in the universe, is part of the gradual transformation required before disclosure.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   

a reply to: glen200376

Well the way it works in Oregon is you have male, female, and "not specified."

The way it works in DC is you have male, female, and "X."

In California you have to request an entirely new birth certificate to go that route.

Boy...that's pretty terrifying, isn't it? "Not specified" is certainly ripe for abuse by somebody who feels male one day and female the next day.

The horror, the horror.

You better hope that some mad Islamic terrorists don't use it as a means to disguise themselves in a burka while doing "terrorist things".

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

An interesting theory,one I hadn't considered.
Made me smile but I hope you're wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join