It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump gives 200,000 Salvadoreans deadline to leave US

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: midnightstar
most country's just dont know how poor of shape the US is in 330 million people and 3 million poor ones are what will bring the country down .
really its kind of sad being in a country that close to the edge of failing .
Lets not forget the crime out of the 5 million incarcerated here 10,000 are illegals DOOMED i tell you .

10,000 only? Bull!

Besides, the states with the most illegals incarcerated won't tell us which are illegal.

Like California, where LEOs are forbidden to even ask, let alone report it in a journal or survey?

I've seen figure around 20% of inmates are illegals. Perhaps those are federal numbers.
edit on 8-1-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym

They were granted Temporary Protected Status (TPS) after earthquakes rocked the Central American country in 2001.

Salvadoreans now have until 2019 to leave or face deportation, unless they find a legal way to stay.
www.bbc.com...

This is the biggest immigration-related story in the Trump era, so I don't see why it hasn't been posted yet. This is one of Trump's major accomplishments in terms of keeping his promises.

My guess is that Trumpers don't want to draw attention to this news because it makes Trump look heartless. I don't see how that can be hidden at this point.

It seems like this very stable genius has a heart of stone sometimes. That's what it's going to take to end DACA.

I think this is a good day for Trumpers.

Heartless to who?

I don't see it as heartless. It just shows where his heart lies--with the US.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I habe a heart.

I also know what "Temporary" means.

Im torn between the 2. On the bright side they should return to their country well educated and with some marketable job skills. One would hope.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Umm , they had to leave , and it didnt take 17 years....!

Only the parents and the child who had not dropped an anchor baby or married a citizen. I think they arrived in the early 80's so it took around 15 years. Not sure what you point was.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

I do not believe it would have changed the acceptance, no.

Its just semantics on if it was a "long time" ago or if it was a "Big event" the fact is; It was a landmark event in American culture, and we are in America, and we did change alot with in a year or two after the event so it makes for a great timestamp.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This 4 page posting is very interesting. I read through it to see if anyone got this right, but no. Lots of "what about the kids" which of course is an orwellian meme leading to bickering with one another over someone who is abstract to them both.

The deeper meaning is here. There is a rumor "shall we say" that if HRC was elected the domestic terrorist issue would have escalated to create far deeper control mechanisms. You'll note to date, the main "threats" are from boogymen the average person will never meet. But the plan for the HRC group was to use a certain gang, MS-13 to establish a permanent domestic threat.

So, what does this have to due with El Salvador? MS-13 in the us was the group to be used and that group is el salvadorian. It might be said that what trump just did was order the MS-13 kicked out, arrested or otherwise disposed of without saying "we have a threat from MS-13..." and adding to the HRC plan. You'll note he singled out a specific group, not a general 200k by 2019, but the MS-13 group.

Or we can cry about the children of the MS-13 families having to leave their hotel (the US) and go back to their homes which are no longer shaking.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

Simply embarrassing. 'Don't care that you've been here for 17 years and have a life and family. Time to go." It's disgusting.

maybe, at a minimum, make the path to citizenship realistic before going the exile route like a piece of rat excrement.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: crankyoldman

MS-13 was made in america. There are enough of them that are citizens to make your point moot.

Also, having people self deport doesn't mean that criminals will. Like the gun issue, people already breaking the law won't mind breaking one more.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

you treat them like any other minor who is a U.S. citizen and an orphan, if the kids don`t like that treatment they are free to leave with their parents who are here illegally.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

so, just because they managed to evade being caught for their crimes for 17 years they should be immune from having to pay the consequences for their crime or crimes? that kind of thinking is disgusting.

edit on 9-1-2018 by bluechevytree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree
so, just because they managed to evade being caught for their crimes for 17 years they should be immune from having to pay the consequences for their crime or crimes? that kind of thinking is disgusting.

Do you even know what a refugee is?

They are not criminals, they didn't break any law. The US let them stay legally for that amount of time. Now the US is saying that the time is up, which is not that big of a deal either so your hyperbole is misplaced.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The San Francisco judge who overturned President Trump's DACA Cease Order tonight, will probably overturn the President's order for the Salvadorans to leave as well.

Read this, or you can wait until an eager ATS journalist starts a thread.
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Satire:

edit on 10-1-2018 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
You know, all Trump has done is end the "temporary" status of these people. Congress has 18 months to pass legislation to take care of this issue and allow these people to stay or at least give them some sort of defined status other than "temporary"

I am all for immigration. Legal immigration. These people were basically refugees escaping a natural disaster. They have been here for 17 years, set down roots and majority are productive members of society. I don't want them forced out, but I would like to see their status changed from "temporary" to some kind of concrete status, whether it be as foreign worker with visa, or green card or someone on the path to citizenship.

The never ending "temporary" status has to stop.
edit on 10-1-2018 by BomSquad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Funny part is how Canada is saying please don't come to us illegally...

17 years, that is more than enough time even in our screwed up system to become citizen, sorry my pity died of old age in that length of time.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluechevytree
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

Um, what crimes? They were here legally, under refugee status.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

That;s true, those are also the countries people are fleeing from to come live in the US, Canada or Europe. East Asia and all of Europe have no birthright citizenship. Just the countries people want to leave, the US and Canada.
edit on 10-1-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join