It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump gives 200,000 Salvadoreans deadline to leave US

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
the kids are legal US residents so yes they can stay .
Looks like people are pushing to make it so even being born in america does not make you a american which will be true on that day as that country will only carry the name america .

Thing is this really messes up there crusade to get the illegals out as there plan is what ? mom and dad drooped at boarder wile the kid is ???? This is the one thing that no one wants to talk about .

Now the only real way to resolve the issue is to get the so valled illegas legal wile at the same time closing off the boarders so no one can just walk across thus the problems are solved .
The clame is being illegal devalues our work force well they are no longer illegal .
the clame is they use services meant for others and again this will be resolved as they now have legal meens to use said services .

Ovesy this is to simple and cuts the ground out from these treads after all whats easer then just helping them become legal wile stopping the flow ?don't tell me another 3 million Legal people will brake the bank if the US is in taht poor of shap it is already doomed

O for you who complane about the cost this is also MUCH more cost effective and would save a few billion wile increasing the tax base again saving billions .

Just to easy I know . after all you need a scape goat .

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I never even thought about their color, as apparently nobody else did either.

How does that make you feel? How do you think that makes others perceive you?

We don't need racist people like you.
edit on 8-1-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

Well, I admit that it does make sense to get these people off of a "temporary" status and have them either move back home or apply for full citizenship status.

I don't see a significant number of them being deported against their will, though, just as I don't see DACA folks being deported. If the Trump admin decided to forcibly remove 10's of thousands of people, I think it would be a PR disaster and he would quickly retain the title of being authoritarian-in-chief and that would also have an adverse effect on the Republican party.

While the GOP's base may support such a thing, the party itself knows that would be political suicide.

The ultimate decision on these issues will be placed with congress, rightfully so, and they will come to some sort of reasonable conclusion.

So I wouldn't place too much fear in to this.
edit on 8-1-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Thank you for that information about the children being able to stay. But I think if they're under 18, the parents will want to take them along, wherever they go.

It would be interesting to see how many Salvadoran Offspring there are, versus how many DACA individuals are here.
edit on 1/8/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Hmmm more brown people. What a surprise.
Not.

I thought this was about one Country not an entire region or race of people...Leave it to the Alt-Left to try and make it about race.

But hey why let race stop you from exaggerating everything that has to do with Trump. Let me guess the Russian's are behind it to.....

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
most country's just dont know how poor of shape the US is in 330 million people and 3 million poor ones are what will bring the country down .
really its kind of sad being in a country that close to the edge of failing .
Lets not forget the crime out of the 5 million incarcerated here 10,000 are illegals DOOMED i tell you .

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

He cares more about us. Thats a good thing.

Its his job to do so.

also, its "Fellow citizens", not "Trumpers"

edit on 1 8 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I wonder how many refugees took the time and effort to become citizens?

If they had done this, then they wouldn't have to worry about their future.

Good luck to them

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
What about the kids who were born here?

They are US Citizens.

As for the OP: They get 18 months to get things in order. Nobody is going anywhere for at least a year and a half.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
so, some of them have been here since 2001 and didn`t even bother to become legal citizens but are now crying that their "temporary" stay here is FINALLY ending after 17 years?

wow, such ungrateful people.

like a family member who wants to temporarily sleep on your couch while they get back on their feet but are still there 17 years later.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bluechevytree

I don't think so, unlike illegals, refugees do have a pathway to citizenship and even if they were just putting it off, they now have an incentive.

Of course, some will use this to make a political statement even if it really doesn't apply.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Everyone in the world can't live in the US, even if that's the "fair" thing to do.

I don't think everyone in the world wants to live in the US.

Especially, since modern technology has made it possible to "replicate" material conditions in other parts of the world.

Only just a few decades ago the US had a high standard in material lifestyle, that was the envy of the rest of the world, which attracted people here.

Today that magnet is still there, but is diminishing rapidly, as other parts of the world have caught up or surpassed the US in more modern infrastructure.

The other attractive thing that brought people was the doctrine and practice of freedoms the Americans enjoyed, like the freedom of movement, freedom of speech etc..But, this advantage is also being diminished, as Americans lose their freedom to travel without special IDs making the US no better really than many other countries.

So, between the US losing it's own ideals, and the rest of the world catching up, the great polarization that was the magnetic force that caused people to move here has greatly weakened.

This might not have been obvious, since the weakening of the forces moving people occurred simultaneously with the increase in information and mobility of populations, so more people were moving about, although with less strength of motivation.

However, there will come a point in the near future when the flow of people is reversed. No one will have to force this change, the seeds of the movement is already planted in the infrastructure of the surrounding nations.

I know quite a few people who have moved and are planning to move to Mexico, simply because of the higher standard of living they can achieve with their same wealth, and they are going to live, not with Mexicans, but with communities of other expats who share their ideals, so it's just like living at home with friends, talking "English", and enjoying "sunshine", and saving money. All the technological advantages are there. Even great medical facilities. Modern. Futuristic. Everything new. Replicants.

edit on 8-1-2018 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

So what do we do with the minors if we send their parents home because their parents do need to go home.

Do we just put them in foster care? An orphanage? Do we tell their parents they've lost all legal rights to them and put those kids up for adoption to American families?

Or ... do we acknowledge they have American citizenship and send them home until they are old enough to return and take care of themselves in this country? And fast track them because they are citizens when that day comes?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
most country's just dont know how poor of shape the US is in 330 million people and 3 million poor ones are what will bring the country down .
really its kind of sad being in a country that close to the edge of failing .
Lets not forget the crime out of the 5 million incarcerated here 10,000 are illegals DOOMED i tell you .

10,000 only? Bull!

Besides, the states with the most illegals incarcerated won't tell us which are illegal.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So what do we do with the minors if we send their parents home because their parents do need to go home.

Their parents choose to take them with or leave them with someone they trust.

Do we just put them in foster care? An orphanage? Do we tell their parents they've lost all legal rights to them and put those kids up for adoption to American families?

They don't lose their legal rights. You can't just take them.

Or ... do we acknowledge they have American citizenship and send them home until they are old enough to return and take care of themselves in this country? And fast track them because they are citizens when that day comes?

You don't have to acknowledge anything. They are already american citizens and their birth certificate is proof of that. No fast-tracking is needed.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

We should always check who is coming into our country, don't you think?

Do you think we should let one move in who has transformed into Little Lord Serial Killer in the interim? Do you think we would be under some obligation to take him or her in?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They are US Citizens, they have that right and you do have that obligation.

Just like any american citizen who travels/lives abroad, who may or may not be a very good person, isn't made to jump through extra hoops when returning.

edit on 8-1-2018 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Maybe this is a narrow view but,

Many Salvadoreans left due to Earthquake in 2001, where did they move? California.
I think that says a lot right there.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Another day, another WIN!

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   

If a Salvadoran woman had a baby while in Italy the child wouldn't be Italian or a citizen of Italy, it would be a citizen of El Salvador.
The US is the only country to confer citizenship on location of birth rather than the citizenship of the parents.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join