It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat-ordered gun study to expose illegal online gun sales backfires

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The funny thing is, all they have to do is ask, and they would know. Instead they waste time and money on a study, when the law is written right there on every gun website when you attempt to buy? Distraction or retardedness I am not sure.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpsideDownWorld
The funny thing is, all they have to do is ask, and they would know. Instead they waste time and money on a study, when the law is written right there on every gun website when you attempt to buy? Distraction or retardedness I am not sure.

Distraction would be giving them too much credit. Anti-gun extremists like the congressmen who ordered this study really just don't know a damn thing about guns or gun laws and gun policy. Which is scary considering they make the damn laws.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Republican ordered voter study to expose voter fraud backfires.
Now there's a thread title with meat on the bones

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Republican ordered voter study to expose voter fraud backfires.
Now there's a thread title with meat on the bones

A more accurate title would be "Republican ordered voter study to expose voter fraud closes because states won't cooperate, and we wonder why?"

Bonus points for a creative deflection, since you can't address the actual subject matter here. You actually thought anyone could go on the internet and get a gun delivered to their house didn't you?
edit on 9 1 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
As a legal gun owner, like others, I know what it takes to buy one. I know what it takes to use one safely. I know what you have to do to make one fire, and so on. To me at least it seems the biggest problem is the anti-gun people don't know these things. Plus a lot of them seem to think that guns are used to kill people, period. They have no other use, and just having one make you a murderer. Then something like this comes out and what WILL follow is a slew of "Yeah buts". If you want to get their attention offer to give up your guns in trade. I will give up my right to own a gun, and in return you give up your right to vote. Why, because when that law has zero effect on crime I don't have to worry about you saying "Well ok so that didn't work,let's try this". The rest of us already know that you CAN NOT stop crime with more laws.

posted on Jan, 13 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
"To me at least it seems the biggest problem is the anti-gun people don't know these things."

Star, MikeA.

It *is* due to ignorance in most cases. I acknowledge the fact that there are people who've been victims of gun violence and feel that firearms are too dangerous in the hands of citizens. But the same can be said for negligent, irresponsible and criminal use of automobiles.

I've lost count of how many 'non-gun' people that have become real firearms enthusiasts after I've taken them to the range.

There have been a few adamantly anti-gun people who--as we were leaving the range--asked me what I thought might be a good pistol or rifle for them to learn on. They enjoyed it *that much*. And in every case of taking a non-gun person to the range (several hundred over many years), none of them disliked it. They had fun. None said they felt it was dangerous. Most asked, "when can we come back?"

Ignorance of firearms leads many people to believe a pistol is like a rattlesnake; that it will jump up and kill you with no provocation. Everything they know about firearms came from movies, TV, books, the news, and shoot-em-up computer games. A person with little or no hands-on experience disqualifies them from speaking intelligently about firearms.

Poking holes in paper targets and ringing steel plates is a lot of fun. It's challenging, and it's a skill that a person can really improve with practice. It can be done in complete safety, too, with good instruction and supervision. It's a wonderful thing to do as a family. Knowing how to safely operate a firearm, practicing at the range, and competing in shooting sports is fairly unique among recreations and hobbies. The only equivalent I can think of is swimming--in that it presents twofold benefits:

1. It's a whole lot of fun when done responsibly and safely, and a skill that's challenging and improves with practice.

2. It's a skill that just might save your life or the life of another person.

You cannot say the same for stamp collecting.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join