It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Liberals Forget About The Goldwater Rule?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: face23785

In this case even discussing the 25th Am (on these grounds in this context) is absurdity.

Trumps the same guy he always is. He's normal and we'll be fine if people chill out and think logically for once.

That's pretty much the entire point I was making, and I got told my post was "irrelevant" and I was trying to "bait and troll". Looks more like someone just couldn't refute my point.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Yeah and I didn't dispute that. Period. People are asking about the 25th Amendment because they want to try to remove Trump through a baseless "mentally unstable" myth since the Russian collusion myth went nowhere. The 25th isn't gonna be used. It's a #resist pipe dream from crybabies who can't accept a 14 month old election. That's a completely relevant point to make considering that's the entire reason people are bringing up the 25th Amendment. Do you deny that? Do you think people are just bringing it up because they wanted a lesson on Constitutional history?

You're not even worth talking to any longer.

Good night.

Yeah you know you were in the wrong and can't admit it. Happens to the best of us.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Yeah and I didn't dispute that. Period. People are asking about the 25th Amendment because they want to try to remove Trump through a baseless "mentally unstable" myth since the Russian collusion myth went nowhere. The 25th isn't gonna be used. It's a #resist pipe dream from crybabies who can't accept a 14 month old election. That's a completely relevant point to make considering that's the entire reason people are bringing up the 25th Amendment. Do you deny that? Do you think people are just bringing it up because they wanted a lesson on Constitutional history?

Good night.

Yeah you know you were in the wrong and can't admit it. Happens to the best of us.

Show me where I was wrong.

If you can't have a discussion about an issue without resorting to sophomoric partisan talking points, I won't waste my time on you.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Good night.

If you can't have a discussion about an issue without resorting to sophomoric partisan talking points, I won't waste my time on you.

I did in the post you replied to claiming you were done with me. The post on the previous page you claimed was "irrelevant" is very relevant. You were wrong to respond to it the way you did. You got defensive because you thought I was saying you wanted him removed using the 25th, when I never said that, and you've been dodging around ever since.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Good night.

We all have disagreements but I think it would be a critical mistake to begin telling another human they aren't "worth" talking to.

Everyone as a human being has value enough to speak to, but if you do not wish to speak to them than don't.

Telling them they lack "worth" for a discussion is a bit uncalled for though I believe.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Good night.

We all have disagreements but I think it would be a critical mistake to begin telling another human they aren't "worth" talking to.

Everyone as a human being has value enough to speak to, but if you do not wish to speak to them than don't.

Telling them they lack "worth" for a discussion is a bit uncalled for though I believe.

Especially when the entire basis of this is because he can't admit he was wrong when claiming a main point related to the topic of this thread is "irrelevant".

Sad.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Good night.

I did in the post you replied to claiming you were done with me. The post on the previous page you claimed was "irrelevant" is very relevant. You were wrong to respond to it the way you did. You got defensive because you thought I was saying you wanted him removed using the 25th, when I never said that, and you've been dodging around ever since.

Yes, some people want him removed using the 25th. Since that was not a point of this argument, but rather the fact of the 25th itself, it was irrelevant.

And when you start on with "leftists" this and "crybaby" that, and other talking points, instead of trying to have an actual mature discussion, you lose relevance. If you can't have a discussion without resorting to that, you have no relevance.

I'm not going to debase myself with partisan mud slinging.

At least not tonight.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Good night.

Yes, some people want him removed using the 25th. Since that was not a point of this argument, but rather the fact of the 25th itself, it was irrelevant.

And when you start on with "leftists" this and "crybaby" that, and other talking points, instead of trying to have an actual mature discussion, you lose relevance. If you can't have a discussion without resorting to that, you have no relevance.

I'm not going to debase myself with partisan mud slinging.

At least not tonight.

It's not irrelevant considering that's the entire reason anyone is even talking about the 25th. That's very relevant to that subject. The fact that you have to pretend it's not to avoid admitting you were wrong is pathetic. And hiding behind other parts of my post you find distasteful is laughable too. You disagree with my using them, fine. But my referring to the leftist crybabies pursuing this baseless angle doesn't change the fact that it's a baseless angle, and that is indeed a legitimate point to make in any discussion of the 25th in this context.

Now, since you already tried to act like the bigger man and walk away and lasted all of 5 minutes before responding to me again, I'll let you get the last word in so you can sleep tonight and I'll bow out of this. You know my point was relevant and everyone else reading this does too. It's pointless to continue arguing about it. I didn't disagree with any of your analysis of the 25th. There was no reason for any of this, unless you were just distraught at me observing they weren't gonna be able to remove Trump in this manner. Next time don't get so defensive when someone's not even attacking you.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Don't worry if he has dementia he will forget what the big button is for.
edit on 8/1/2018 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

Yes they do. They also forget about what "groups of political people" have used psychiatry as a political tool to label political opponents as "mentally unstable" or "extremists".

It was actually psychiatrists who initiated and carried it all out on such a massive scale. Nazis were the first in history to use extermination camps and all done with such chilling organization.

The two main areas that psychiatrists concentrated on were sterilization and euthanasia. They were responsible for reporting these “patients” over to the authorities and from there, to the gas chambers, killing over 200,000 people deemed mentally ill. These included many thousands of feeble-minded children. The real intention was to rid the master race of “undesirables.”

Psychiatry expanded their vast control by broadening the definition of mental illness to include political disobedience. Thus, psychiatry became a tool of and ally to the government, particularly the Nazi-controlled regime.

Nazism and Psychiatry

The Political Uses of Psychiatric Labels

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Wrong. It states that only APA members should not diagnose politicians without seeing them.

Humm...so you actually agree with the democrats, and others in the left trying to label "political opponents" as "mentally unstable" or giving them some other labels to stop political opposition?...

"It seems that you might be on the opposite side of the force my padawan" ;P
edit on 8-1-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Nice job putting words in my mouth. My post wasn't that long, go re-read it a few more times without your partisan hack blinders on.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Kind of ironic of him/her to claim he/she wasn't going to "debase myself with partisan mud slinging."..

It's quite ironic...

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Nice job putting words in my mouth. My post wasn't that long, go re-read it a few more times without your partisan hack blinders on.

Quick question. Do you know the difference between a question and a statement of fact?.

I gave you a hint above, let's see if you can notice what that hint is...

My last statement was a sarcastic comment, and it would only be true if you had "answered" in the affirmative to my question...

To think that people used to know what ? and ;P means...

edit on 8-1-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Your 'question' certainly appeared superfluous.

But if you are honestly soliciting my opinion I think the premise of now making him out to be a loon is absurd.

He's a douche, there's no debating that, but I don't think he's clinically insane.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Your 'question' certainly appeared superfluous.

But if you are honestly soliciting my opinion I think the premise of now making him out to be a loon is absurd.

He's a douche, there's no debating that, but I don't think he's clinically insane.

Oh right...now you are going to claim you knew my question had a hidden meaning?... It was a question... a question is a question, and you should be mature enough to know when someone is asking a question and then makes a sarcastic comment ending with ;P ...

You are not a Jedi, you don't know if there "was any hidden meaning" in my question, (btw there was no hidden meaning...) or if it was simply question to try to discern whether or not you agree with the "use of psychiatry to repress political opponents"...

edit on 8-1-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
Oh right...now you are going to claim you knew what my question was about?...

Yeah.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Kind of ironic of him/her to claim he/she wasn't going to "debase myself with partisan mud slinging."..

He/she didn't debase his/her self.

When you have a point, he/she will maybe listen if you/it can articulate it properly and without intentional spin.

Did you have a point somewhere?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

He/she didn't debase his/her self.

When you have a point, he/she will maybe listen if you/it can articulate it properly and without intentional spin.

Did you have a point somewhere?

Oh really?... you claim "you don't want to debase yourself with partisan mud slinging" but at the same time you don't want to listen to people who have a different opinion than yourself... That's the very definition of "partisan mud slinging" when you want to dismiss other people for their opinion which differs from yours...

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
Oh right...now you are going to claim you knew what my question was about?...

Yeah.

ROFLMAO... whatever. perhaps it's time for you to go outside smoke, or whatever else you do and chill the hell up...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join