It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Liberals Forget About The Goldwater Rule?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

To be fair, I haven't heard of anyone who's actually 'diagnosed' him with anything... They've just speculated on his mental stability... or lack of.

They're really not supposed to give an opinion in any way, not simply prohibited from making a diagnosis without having examined a patient.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

I know what it is, and you are a troll......

Is Foxy on his hols!

Funny enough, all the reporters I have seen commenting on Trump's noodles are very careful to say that theirs is a non-difinitive opinion, and qualify it by saying any full diagnosis is not possible without a full on person examination.
In other words, A professional can say this guy needs his head examined, and so can we.
You could argue then, that since the pro's are saying that aplenty, and that a bloody great deal of the world like us are asking the same, It is perhaps time someone got Le Pumpkin head to lie down on the couch, for the sake of the country!

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I don't suppose the fact that many of these academics are liberals and liberals have lost their minds over Trump would have anything to do with these "warnings", right?

It's sad these people are letting politics cloud their professional medical judgement.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Can I make a point.

I am often accused of being “obsessed”with Trump because I write about him, as are many others, who post threads that are seen as being anti-trump

Evidencenibbler has been on ATS for about 2 weeks and has now almost 50 Trump threads.

Now I am not saying he is obsessed, I am just saying it would be nice to see the same “forever Trump”members so a little consistancey and call this out.....or does he get a free pass because he posts pro-Trump stuff?
edit on 8-1-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

almost 50 Trump threads

50?
That doesn't sound quite right.
Prove it.

ETA and define 'almost'

edit on 8-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Ah just ignore them dude no point worrying what they all think anyhow.
The OP is Eric Trump.
I just think it is really odd that so many are sooooo ra ra ra Trump! it is getting to be very odd like creepy odd.
We should be critical of whoever is in power not backing them up no matter what.
Back to the OP it will never happen Trump seeing any doctor he will quit before then, mind you think about it wouldn't the job send you potty?.
I would go nuts and end up ruling the galaxy or something.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
This is a slippery slope and something I really wish people didn't engage in.

Psychiatry has been used a weapon in politics to terrible effect many times around the world.

It's the kind of crap done in third world crapholes, communist dictatorships, and gangster governments like the Russian Federation.

Why limit it to politics? you're very elitist old chap!
Notwithstanding that, The US along with many other countries engaged ordinary people in mind warping experimentation with those people totally unaware of what was happening to them...funny enough though, I don't recall many politicians involved as subjects, except perhaps a few 'jumpers' who knew too much.

edit on 8-1-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

The OP is Eric Trump.

Back to the OP it will never happen Trump seeing any doctor he will quit before then, mind you think about it wouldn't the job send you potty?

Trump will be examined on Jan. 12 by Rear Admiral Ronny Jackson, the physician to the president, at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland.
edit on 8-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

You re only obsessed if it's not a pro trump suck fest.
You get called out
He gets stars and flags
That's the game

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I meant a psychologist sorry my bad Eric.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

In brief it says it is unethical for medical professionals to diagnose any public official with any type of disease or mental disability, without checking them out first, or consulting with that specific public officials primary doctor.

Mental health professionals believe they have a Duty to Warn.

What about the Goldwater Rule?
“The Goldwater Rule is not absolute. We have a ‘Duty to Warn,’ about a leader who is dangerous to the health and security of our patients.” Mental-health professionals are “sufficiently alarmed that they feel the need to speak up about the mental-health status of the president.”
www.adutytowarn.org...

Figures that a bunch of liberal arts graduates would find ways to squirm out of their own ethical rules.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler

almost 50 Trump threads

50?
Prove it.

ETA and define 'almost'

Sorry more than 50, you are at 59

A casual glance through them shows that most of them are about Trump

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

This is a ridiculous splitting of hairs that doesn't account for the fact that what is stated by people in this profession gets turned into headlines like "Yale psychiatry professor warns Trump's mental health is 'unraveling'", with the same professors gaining an audience with law makers.

Like ProjectVxn stated...its a tactic seen in third world dictatorships. And its making me more and more supportive of a man that I really don't like.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

The OP is Eric Trump.

Back to the OP it will never happen Trump seeing any doctor he will quit before then, mind you think about it wouldn't the job send you potty?

Trump will be examined on Jan. 12 by Rear Admiral Ronny Jackson, the physician to the president, at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland.

So no independent psychiatric evaluation???

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You call them a bunch of liberal arts graduates I call them concerned citizens acting on conscience.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

almost 50 Trump threads

50?
Prove it.

ETA and define 'almost'

Sorry more than 50, you are at 59

A casual glance through them shows that most of them are about Trump

I am unsure where you are looking, by my count I have 42 threads started here, and not all of them are in relation to Trump.

Can you provide evidence I have 59 threads started?

To count my threads I clicked on the little down arrow and then clicked profile. It seems to go back to my very first thread.

So, one of us is wrong.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Tune in next hour for the next episode of WHOS GIVES A SHLIT!!!!

Some real mindless back and forth going on here.....

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You call them a bunch of liberal arts graduates I call them concerned citizens acting on conscience.

Acting unethically as political partisans, and trying to justify it by calling themselves "concerned citizens".

Having worked in mental health for a number of years, and having a very good understanding of the mental health system, I can honestly say that the behavior of these professionals is only harming my faith in their pseudoscience.

ETA: I don't guess I should be so shocked. The lack of scientific and ethical discipline has plagued the behavioral sciences.

www.nature.com...
edit on 1/8/2018 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I am unsure where you are looking, by my count I have 42 threads started here, and not all of them are in relation to Trump.

Can you provide evidence I have 59 threads started?

You profile says 59 threads, that may include threads that have been removed by mods.

The point still stands, why are the same members who accuse me and others of being obsessed with Trump (because they don’t like what we write) not calling you out for the same stuff.

You are writing at least 2 or 3 threads a day, most of them on Trump.

So why do some members give you are free pass yet will harass others who write about Trump with accusations of being “obsessed”

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
Ah, thank you! I learned something. This person, is just a troll though. Been a member since the 26th of December and has been on non stop, probably with another window open with another screen name.

Anyway thanks again for the info.

The Original Poster is counting on members not fact checking his fake news.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join