It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Liberals Forget About The Goldwater Rule?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: EvidenceNibbler

But when Ronald Reagan was first elected and sworn in as President of the United states, for the first term, he was 69 years old.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig

But when Ronald Reagan was first elected and sworn in as President of the United states, for the first term, he was 69 years old.

So what?
You libs ust like to argue, pretend you are right, mental gymnastics is your official sport.

Tell me, was Ronnie not four years older when he was elected to his second term?

Game over Lib, you made a mistake, you were wrong, own it.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Sauce
American Psychiatric Association calls for end to ‘arm chair’ psychiatry amid Trump speculation

Jan 09, 2018

The President is about to undergo his annual physical examination, and APA has confidence that his physician will follow the standard of care in examining all systems, which includes an age-appropriate medical and mental health evaluation. If mental health concerns are raised, the standard of care would result in the examining physician seeking consultation from an experienced psychiatrist who would approach the consultation with objectivity and within the physician-patient confidential relationship.

APA is ready to make recommendations from among our 37,000 psychiatrist members, physicians who have the knowledge, training, expertise, discretion, and objectivity to perform a thorough and apolitical evaluation. Using psychiatry for political or self-aggrandizing purposes is stigmatizing for our patients and negatively impacts our profession.

www.psychiatry.org...

edit on 10-1-2018 by EvidenceNibbler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That isn't the 'Goldwater Rule', that is their own interpretation of the APA guideline. The Goldwater Rule was devised by the APA and is not universal as evidence by the fact that the APsaA doesn't use it.

Also, the APA rule states it is 'unethical', the AMA's says that it's members should 'refrain'. Bigly difference Steveo.

While the AMA may not call their rule the 'Goldwater Rule', the intent is the same, if not even more restrictive. So once again a lib is wrong.

AMA Goes Beyond ‘Goldwater Rule’ In Ethics Guidelines on Media Interaction

The report emphasizes that physicians who are featured in media reports should always—first and foremost—uphold the values, norms, and integrity of the profession. Like APA’s “Goldwater Rule,” the report urges physicians to refrain from making clinical diagnoses about individuals they have not personally examined; however, the CEJA report covers more ground, providing an overview and guidance regarding all manner of physician interaction with the media.

psychnews.psychiatryonline.org...

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

That is not the point. Actually there are several points:

One is you do not know me, you have no idea on what my political inclinations are, so do not just simply label a person cause you do not like what they are saying.

While yes Reagan was elected 2 a second term, 4 years later and older after his first. The point being that when he was elected the first time, he was 69. And if you are bringing up the second term so pointedly, then you should agree that the President of the United States should be having a mental health evaluation before even being elected and once a year.

If you would consider that most people who have Alzheimer's or dementia, due to age, start exhibiting signs long before the diagnosis, and more often than not, such signs are often ignored, until it is too late for the medication to be of any real use to slow the disease down, and would you not agree that a person who is suffering from dementia should not also be the one who gets to make the decision to launch a nuclear weapon?

I am not saying that the psychologists are correct, however, if the majority of them are saying there might be something wrong, would it not be prudent to err on the side of caution?

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Ya know another tactic of "third world dictatorships" is discrediting any and all dissenters. Much like the current tator in chief calling any opposition fake news.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler
While the AMA may not call their rule the 'Goldwater Rule', the intent is the same, if not even more restrictive.

I think you meant 'extensive' as it is not more 'restrictive' since the Goldwater Rule calls it 'unethical' while the AMA's version says they should 'refrain'. Do you need one of us big persons to explain what the differences are to you?

So once again a lib is wrong.

I know you're wrong but I didn't think you were a lib, more like a frothy flakey.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Ya know another tactic of "third world dictatorships" is discrediting any and all dissenters. Much like the current tator in chief calling any opposition fake news.

It isn't "any opposition".

The only reason I defend Trump is because what he is talking about is the exact same thing I see. The last election was rigged on the left, and they tried to rig it on the right. Trump pushed back and won.

But I can see it. They report anything lewd and salacious that they can, and ignore the important policy stuff. When they don't, they present it in the form of an outright lie. DACA, for exampe...Trump wasn't looking to deport anyone. He was looking to make execution of law match actual law. WHich is exactly what all prior presidents needed to do. You can see in several of his comments that he had no intention to deport the "Dreamers". Only to close the gap between law, and his execution therein.

Which is a running theme in his presidency.

Nonetheless, Trump isn't squashing opposition. If he were, Mueller wouldn't be investigating anything. Mueller is acting under a charter issued by the Trump administration (via the DOJ).

Which, honestly, is pretty interesting to me. The media calls him a liar. I say they are the liars, and he's wanting to hold make them honest.

posted on Jan, 10 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I don't think it is a good idea to speculate on the health of public officials, mental or otherwise, without proper training. Even with the training, it is necessary to do an evaluation in person.

Basically, people can say Trump has a mental disorder, but I would not take it seriously unless he was diagnosed by a licensed psychiatrist who was able to examine him in person, maybe over a series of sessions.

I won't take Hillary being sick seriously either unless the same thing applied, this time with a medical doctor.

In either case, a doctor examining Hillary or Trump could leak his examination to the public, and I think that in that case, I would consider it reasonable to deduce that Hillary or Trump was sick with something.
edit on 10pmWed, 10 Jan 2018 23:51:34 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
In either case, a doctor examining Hillary or Trump could leak his examination to the public, and I think that in that case, I would consider it reasonable to deduce that Hillary or Trump was sick with something.

I wouldn't take that as reasonable at all. If said doctor is unethical enough to release their medical examination, it's not a far leap of the imagination to say that doctor may have been unethical enough to make a false diagnosis in the first place, since they planned on leaking it for political purposes.

posted on Jan, 16 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Do you not have a job??

Just feels like for the past 2/3 weeks you post constantly

This is his/her job.

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

POTUS is in excellent health.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler
a reply to: bgerbger

POTUS is in excellent health.
www.cnn.com...

Nope, the Girther Conspiracy
edit on 17-1-2018 by bgerbger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

How many times are people going to throw "he holds the button" out there - theres a but more involved

en.wikipedia.org...

If the president (who is commander-in-chief of the armed forces) ordered the use of nuclear weapons, he would be taken aside by the "carrier" and the briefcase would be opened. A command signal, or "watch" alert, would then be issued to the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The president would then review the attack options with the aide and decide on a plan, which could range from a single cruise missile to multiple ICBM launches.[citation needed] These are preset war plans developed under OPLAN 8010 (formerly the Single Integrated Operational Plan). Then, using whatever communications technology the satchel contains, the aide would presumably[citation needed] make contact with the National Military Command Center or, in a retaliatory strike situation, multiple airborne command posts (who likely fly Boeing E-4Bs) and/or nuclear-armed submarines.[citation needed] Before the order can be processed by the military, the president must be positively identified using a special code issued on a plastic card, nicknamed the "biscuit".[5] The United States has a two-man rule in place at the nuclear launch facilities, and while only the president can order the release of nuclear weapons, the order must be verified by the Secretary of Defense to be an authentic order given by the president (there is a hierarchy of succession in the event that the president is killed in an attack). This verification process deals solely with verifying that the order came from the actual President. The Secretary of Defense has no veto power and must comply with the president's order.[5] Once all the codes have been verified, the military would issue attack orders to the proper units. These orders are given and then re-verified for authenticity. It is argued that the President has almost single authority to initiate a nuclear attack since the Secretary of Defense is required to verify the order, but cannot legally veto it.[6][7][8]

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Attention Please -

The topic is not each other folks. Please keep it to the topic.

Do not reply to this post.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join