It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders has his own legal problems to worry about.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism
a reply to: intrptr

True enough but have you noticed that something like 15 states have quietly passed resolutions to make silver and gold legal tender? I mean you'd have to be insane now to pay taxes in PMs but if the dollar goes, and we're forced to use something like the SDR, things change, quickly.

Did you know, after the stock market crash in 1929, they confiscated everyones gold (1933).

Whatever hedging you do, don't pay brokers fees buying precious metals as a hedge. Its a registration of who you are , where you live and how much you purchased.

Actually what happened is that FDR passed EO 6102 for 2 reasons. 1) he wanted to take the dollar off gold backing so that he could increase the national debt, you can't borrow more than you have in reserve if your money is fully backed by gold bullion - this limits government size and scope and 2) he wanted to revalue gold from $20 an ounce to $35 an ounce in order to increase the reserves, so he could borrow more.

Very few people actually turned in their gold coins. My grandfather had a jar of old gold coins all dated prior to 1933 and many other people were the same they didn't turn in their gold they just put it under the mattress.

But now there is very little incentive to do that is there when the price of gold is artificially manipulated by naked short positions of the major banks. Right now there are over 500 times the amount of gold sold in the future's market that there is gold actually mined in any given year.

Now, if say Trump revalued gold to $40,000 an ounce, in order to reset the dollar, I think people should be concerned but still can you imagine the effort required to go door to door and collect every gold gold they think people have, while the entire system is resetting?

Ain't gonna happen, that's why I said several states have already passed legal tender laws, in those states the federal government would be unable to carry those kinds of ludicrous plans out.

No the government just bloviates and then people follow along like stupid animals. I wish I had been more successful in life and had the good fortune to buy gold coins and bars but sadly I was not. And I don't think I can hold out long enough to keep the few silver coins I do as the government descends into further madness destroying people's savings via inflation.

edit on 8-1-2018 by SkeptiSchism because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SkeptiSchism

They crashed the economy (thru hyperinflation) in order to steal all the gold. Thats what fiat currency is designed to do, eventually.

In the end, the wealthy garner all the hard assets to themselves, leaving the people with a bag full of worthless paper.

If you need to be reminded, try looking at the vast disparity between the richest few and all the rest of people today.

The top one percent controls how much of the worlds wealth, again?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

No I don't need to be reminded, I bought a house in 2001 with fixed 6% interest, 20% down and then lost it all in 2009 after the fed had artificially pushed down interest rates so that banks can make more loans, then package them up in derivatives and sell them to stupid pension funds while still collecting service fees.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Watch out for those "bubbles".

Sorry to hear that. Real Estate is one of those hard assets they want to take from everyone, then build apartments on and rent back to you.

Intrinsic and tangible assets, most people seem have no idea what that really means.

Of course, if you are poor you have nothing they want, they pretty much leave you alone.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Yah unless you have some organs they can use. I think they also take children.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

They can have my husk after I'm done with it. My family will be glad to hear they won't have to pay funeral costs.

Now, if they can only remember to say, "I think he wanted to be donated to science".

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I know, I'm a retired baby boomer! I'm just being honest about the diminishing physical and mental aspects of old age. I actually prefer voting for younger people if they convey intelligence, communicate well, and have an ear for the American people when it comes to domestic issues. Young people bring new ideas as compared to the old guard where it's business as usual. There comes a time where we have to pass the reigns onto a new generation.

I think more young people need to get out to vote if they want to change the U.S. and the world for the better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join