It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump lawyers hoping to avoid Mueller interview with signed document claiming innocence

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: RadioRobert

Why can't he be subpoenaed as a witness?

Turns out Trump can get the questions and answer them with a signed affidavid and not even have to show up for a interview.

We all know how these interviews go. They ask a question..a obscure one. Something you cant possibly remember without a transcript of the interview. Then when your answer does not match they hit you with Purjury charges.
Oh yeah just a innocent interview. get out of here with that noise.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=23025024]antiantonym[/po
I believe it is over for Trump next week, I mean next next week, I mean next next next.....

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

As of 5:00pm today, all options are still open...including Mueller not even asking for a Trump written, verbal, or in-person interview.

Source: www.nbcnews.com...

When the investigation is closed, and Trump is PROVEN RIGHT AGAIN, Democrats will once again start projecting their own mental issues on the President.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

That's not really what's happening. It's the distraction.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Gish gallup?

That is some hell of a stretch. There are examples of that sort of behaviour on these boards, but none of them have been issued by myself.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Trump needs to show up amd testify if called. The time for special treatment of elected officials is over.

If he broke the law, he can hang with Hillary

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Trump needs to show up amd testify if called. The time for special treatment of elected officials is over.

If he broke the law, he can hang with Hillary

Easy to say but you know how they will ask questions. ive seen i tmany times before. They want ANY crime to justify impeachment. they can ask what h ehad for dinner 5 yrs ago or something just as obscure and if he cant remember correctly its perjury and a crime. Then you give them the reason they need to get rid of him. cant you see this is a set up?

No legally he dont have to testify if they do no thave any evidence to compel him to testify that refeers to him. Sworn affidavit is good enough on th erussian investigation and it avoids the trap of perjury.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Umm no it does t turn out that. His lawyers are requesting it. Mueller has not agreed to that. Other prosecutors are saying that he would want to look trump in the eye. See his body language and be able to follow-up information with back up questions.
I doubt that he is going to be allowed to submit an affidavit.
All criminals will try it.
Hey ill sign an affidavit stating I'm innocent.

To whom it may concern
I didn't do nothing....
Donald J trump.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

More like when he's charged republicans will shout BUT HILLARY....

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Or alone...

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Or alone...

Or alone.

But I can't get over the long list of crimes that appear to be associated with her.

And Seth Rich is stuck in my craw somethin' terrible.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
My big question is this;

If Trump is found innocent of all charges, will the left be quiet or will they take to the streets?

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

No no if he says he can't remember it's not a crime. Where did you get that?
"I don't recall" is even more effective than pleading the fifth.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Reagan sold us out, and used his claims of dementia and "I can't remember" to his advantage.

He got to ride into the sunset on his California ranch (or so they say)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Umm no it does t turn out that. His lawyers are requesting it. Mueller has not agreed to that. Other prosecutors are saying that he would want to look trump in the eye. See his body language and be able to follow-up information with back up questions.
I doubt that he is going to be allowed to submit an affidavit.
All criminals will try it.
Hey ill sign an affidavit stating I'm innocent.

To whom it may concern
I didn't do nothing....
Donald J trump.

Are you just acting dense? No. LEgally th epresident does not have to sit down with mueller. Mueller can provide him with th equestions,and then Trump answers them on paper. That way there is no mistaking th eresponses or construing them into perjury later. OR trump can request a transcript of the Interview as well through his lawyers and the next time he testifies he can refeer back to it. its not coaching o rleading IF you yourself said it is it?

The OP over simplified the actual situation and failed to include the anwering of questions and assummed trump would do just as you typed and say Im innocent.

But hey we all know you want him to Be asked something he cant possibly remember and be perjured.
Ya know its a witch hunt but dont care. At least be honest and stop hiding your tru efeelings. we wont think any lesser of you.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Reagan sold us out, and used his claims of dementia and "I can't remember" to his advantage.

Weigh th eoptions then. do you want pence in charge? Or hillary? Satus quo for th ewin right?
Also... how did regan sell us out? Iran contra? Selling weapons to rebels. Totally american thing to do.
And if they actually thought he sold us out he would had been impeached no matter his mental state.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Mueller can provide him with th equestions,and then Trump answers them on paper.

um, ... what?

I want to see him answer the questions. I don't care if it's on paper, but he writes it out in front of Mueller or someone from the investigation team. Just sending someone a letter to let their lawyers answer it for you is not acceptable. Not to mention, answers may lead to more questions. It would expedite the process in a face to face.

If you tell the truth, you don't have to worry about perjury anyway.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eshel

Mueller can provide him with th equestions,and then Trump answers them on paper.

um, ... what?

I want to see him answer the questions. I don't care if it's on paper, but he writes it out in front of Mueller or someone from the investigation team. Just sending someone a letter to let their lawyers answer it for you is not acceptable. Not to mention, answers may lead to more questions. It would expedite the process in a face to face.

If you tell the truth, you don't have to worry about perjury anyway.

You do know why th econviction rate is so high with federal cases right? Its the perjury traps. Also President has to have witnesses and swear he answered it so its not just a simple have th elawyers write it out.

And the trite line..if you tell th etruth you have nothing to hide is funny. Many people in jail or dead for telling the truth.

Sure Have mueller hand him the questions in person but with his past track record best record it or copy it so you can refeer back to it. who knows ya might catch hueller in a lie himself.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Weigh th eoptions then. do you want pence in charge? Or hillary? Satus quo for th ewin right?
Also... how did regan sell us out? Iran contra? Selling weapons to rebels. Totally american thing to do.
And if they actually thought he sold us out he would had been impeached no matter his mental state.

I fail to see how Hillary could be in charge. It would require throwing out our constitution.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

Sorry, this is how it is done a lot. You will not see Trump sitting in a room being grilled by a bunch of people like you usually see. It will be, if anything, behind closed doors.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join