It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump lawyers hoping to avoid Mueller interview with signed document claiming innocence

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

Because yall are changing the definition of lie. If you used the same standard youd see that hillary is no different.

"Trump Lies" is simply you guys using cheap ad homs as a partisan smear. I didnt vote for Trump. If yall keep trying you may convince me to change my mind in 2020

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I have to laugh sometimes...

If it weren't so tragic, I'd be rolling on the floor laughing. What has happened to these once reasonable people?

It's as if we're seeing a real-life invasion of the body snatchers scenario. These people are in a stupor.

Any Trump supporter should be scared about him testifying under oath. What we're seeing in this thread is complete denial in my opinion.

It's denial of Trump's mendacity. It's denial of Trump's situation. It's denial of an apparent conspiracy to remove Trump from office.

Trump's supporters are his worst enemies right now. They're literally abandoning him when he needs them most.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

a reply to: Metallicus

It brings up several interesting points. First of all, it details efforts by his legal team to keep him from having to perform under oath, which any reasonable person would find suspect.

I don't find it suspect at all. Every lawyer on earth would 100% advice him to avoid that, even without an oath involved. Let them do their job and make their case. You don't have to do their job for them.

Second, it goes on to point out that Mr Trump is likely to have trouble under oath, because, as has been shown to be demonstrably the case, the man is fundamentally incapable of either accuracy or honesty in his statements.

Yes, he likes to speak off the cuff, and it would be a bad idea. Particularly for him, because he likes to hear himself talk. But again, absolutely noone would be advised to give an interview under those circumstances without conditions.

If a person is to lead a nation like America, that person has to be beholden to the same rules and social expectations as the rest of the population, otherwise, what you have is some sort of pseudo monarchy, which for rather obvious, constitutional, historical reasons, would be totally unacceptable to most people in that nation. Therefore, there is no reason for the President to get a free pass, and be able to avoid providing his person for the purpose of being questioned under oath, since any other person required to do so by a court order or summons directly from an AG, would have to so appear. There is no reason that his words, under that oath, should be treated any differently than the word of anyone else, nor that consequences for failing to be honest and accurate, ought to be mitigated by the fact that the person in question occupies high office of any kind, leave alone the office of the President of the United States.

First, I am unaware of any judge issuing a summons or order regarding his deposition, are you? Second, were that the case (and it is obviously not), it is a right of law to not be involuntarily deposed as a defendant or even potential defendant as a witness who may be asked incriminating questions as part of your fifth amendment rights. Similarly, it is the right to not be questioned as a suspect by law enforcement. Any person being investigated has the right to refuse to be questioned. You don't have to be mirandized or under arrest to assert your rights. He is not getting a special privilege due to his office despite your emphatic attempt to paint it as such.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I'm sorry,
What was it you could not comprehend?

MTUBY

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Seems OP has triggered peeps in the Pit, must be on to something.

I agree, BTW, he will perjure himself nine ways til Sunday and yet fully and passionately believe every word he is saying. Because he's mental.

I will be shocked - shocked, I say - if he is actually interviewed in person. The ensuing fall out would be too crippling to good governance and national security.

I suspect all of DC is trying to figure out a way to uncouple Trump from the Presidency as painlessly as possible, and that includes Trump himself.

The singular catch is trying not to alienate and stir up his kool-aid drinkers. They're desperately needed for the mid terms and 2020.

I would give a million stars for this post if I could.

I suspect Trump will fight to the end. Narcissists usually never give up. Losing their delusions is losing who they are.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym

I have to laugh sometimes...

If it weren't so tragic, I'd be rolling on the floor laughing. What has happened to these once reasonable people?

It's as if we're seeing a real-life invasion of the body snatchers scenario. These people are in a stupor.

Any Trump supporter should be scared about him testifying under oath. What we're seeing in this thread is complete denial in my opinion.

It's denial of Trump's mendacity. It's denial of Trump's situation. It's denial of an apparent conspiracy to remove Trump from office.

Trump's supporters are his worst enemies right now. They're literally abandoning him when he needs them most.
I’m not even a fan of Trump and i can see the effort of those who would exagerate his flaws to the point that they demonize the guy. He is a goofy #, who says some stupid #, but people who hate him will go to even worse extremes to make him seem worse than he is, and rational people see this and then see that he is not being treated fairly. That will be the issue that garners him more support that will bring fence sitters to his side.

Calling him a liar for some of the insignificant statements he makes, will actually make him seem like less of a liar than his exagerations actually make him.

(post by matafuchs removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Who made you the thread police? You don't have to participate or even read threads by members you know you won't agree with.
I can't tell you how many threads I avoid just based on who authored them. Take a page out of that book. Then you never have to resort to telling other people what they should and shouldn't talk about. Just avoid those threads. Win win just a suggestion I'm not trying to tell you what to do. You'll stress less.
edit on 182018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

edit on 182018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Who made you the thread police? You don't have to participate or even read threads by members you know you won't agree with.

Thank you for your support.

What's really bizarre is how often posters post in my threads just to ask me irrelevant questions. It's borderline stalking in my mind. It doesn't bother me really outside of the fact that I can't believe some people are that lame.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Seems OP has triggered peeps in the Pit, must be on to something.

I agree, BTW, he will perjure himself nine ways til Sunday and yet fully and passionately believe every word he is saying. Because he's mental.

I will be shocked - shocked, I say - if he is actually interviewed in person. The ensuing fall out would be too crippling to good governance and national security.

I suspect all of DC is trying to figure out a way to uncouple Trump from the Presidency as painlessly as possible, and that includes Trump himself.

The singular catch is trying not to alienate and stir up his kool-aid drinkers. They're desperately needed for the mid terms and 2020.

I would give a million stars for this post if I could.

I suspect Trump will fight to the end. Narcissists usually never give up. Losing their delusions is losing who they are.

Yes, we all know you would exagerate the support for your position if you could. We can see that with all of these new accounts popping up in opposition to trump and those who do not show enough hatred for him to satisfy your own skewed position.

You have authored 50 threads since your new account was opened 12 days ago.
edit on 8-1-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Anyone who knows me, knows I don't support Trump.

However, on a legal basis, I agree with the idea that his lawyers would want him to avoid a personal interview regardless of how he stands. It's just good "lawyer-ing" on their part. (im making that a word now)
I do believe that if he were questioned, especially if there were two or more sit downs, he'd have perjury charges at the very least. I believe the biggest problem he would have in an interview is himself. He tends to get heated easily in exchanges like these and his counter-offensive behavior would likely lead to some tough times. I'm afraid he'd be stomping all over his own d**k before it was over.

Trump's biggest problem is Trump.

One other point I seen that I would like to address.

Been saying for months? You've been here for 2 weeks.

You know people live outside ATS right? He could have been saying this for years and still be an accurate statement.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

Trump is a funny guy, but he's not going anywhere. Hillary, huma and barack are another story.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I think that far from getting a free pass before the President of the USA can be compelled to testify there needs to be a crime that he is accused of committing. Can you name the crime that he is accused of committing?

Otherwise, it’s just an open ended witch hunt and I believe that is not a good enough reason to compell his testimony regardless of his political affiliation.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I think you should stop trashing ATS with pointless threads every 10 minutes and get some sleep. As far as predictions go I predict nothing will happen just like all the other predictions of a Trump’s demise.

Do you need this news from a conservative source?

thehill.com...

Is that better?

This is what I've been saying for months is the climax of the Russian investigation...Trump testifying under oath. I believe the entire thing may have been a conspiracy to get to this point.

The moment he swears "to tell the truth", they've got him. They know it.

I can see why you're lashing out. This is the most substantive issue I've raised here. Your true colors are showing.

I have a simple problem for you. Since there is no evidence Trump colludded and it it stays that way all he has to do is Plead the 5th the entire time. Doing so he co operates and isnt obstructing justice.
Oh boy would that piss alot of people off.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I can't tell you how many threads I avoid just based on who authored them. Take a page out of that book. Then you never have to resort to telling other people what they should and shouldn't talk about. Just avoid those threads. Win win just a suggestion I'm not trying to tell you what to do. You'll stress less.

Just as you do, all have the right to comment, within T&Cs, on threads.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
He's going to have to answer questions eventually. I think Mueller will want him to be after he's interviewed everyone else. He may not be last because others may get recalled as a result of trumps answers but I think he will want as much information in his hands as he can get before he questions trump.

His lawyers are really trying hard to avoid perjury charges.

I think the chances of Mueller agreeing to written answers is about equal to a blizzard on Maui.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

I think that far from getting a free pass before the President of the USA can be compelled to testify there needs to be a crime that he is accused of committing. Can you name the crime that he is accused of committing?

Otherwise, it’s just an open ended witch hunt and I believe that is not a good enough reason to compell his testimony regardless of his political affiliation.

Here's a true expert on the topic giving his opinion.

Starr: Mueller needs to look Trump in the eye

www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-1-2018 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

I agree, particularly if he believes he is innocent, he is probably gungho about testifying given his personality. His lawyers are protecting him from himself.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

No one's saying it's certain but the option is being discussed. Everyone is reporting that the suggestion is being offered by trumps lawyers. Not just some liberal blog.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

He's been under oath before. He tends to be way less chatty when he is. Yes no no yes ...very brief.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join