It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump lawyers hoping to avoid Mueller interview with signed document claiming innocence

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

What does it mean when it takes someone posting from Britain to remind Americans of their former values and how far their country has fallen? I don't even try to discuss American values anymore because they apparently no longer exist. Politics in America is just a power struggle between people with no values except the law of the jungle.

I applaud you for trying, but I believe your efforts are in vain. One can't reason with zombies.

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: antiantonym

You think jumping on the "Trump lies" meme bandwagon is substantive?

No wonder i put no credibility in the Trump opposition.

Trump's pathological lying is an issue when we're discussing him testifying under oath. As TrueBrit discussed, it appears his lawyers are concerned about it.
edit on 8-1-2018 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Been saying for months?

You've been here for 2 weeks.

Unless you're admitting to violating the T&C and have multiple accounts?...
Good catch, hehe...

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn
He used to post in the same style in the relationship threads - but got pulled up on it so explained that it was all for an experiment... obviously.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

First of all, it details efforts by his legal team to keep him from having to perform under oath

Big claim - along the lines of the OP. Any links to bolster your assertions?

Your 12 sentence 3rd paragraph is pseudo legalese rhetoric befitting a civil lawyer's mitigation plea in a complex multi party dispute.

The fact that Trump's legal team see fit to even attempt to keep him from

Really?

"President's lawyers may offer Mueller a meeting with Trump"
www.politico.com...

"Trump's legal team 'wants President to be interviewed by Robert Mueller for Russia probe'
www.independent.co.uk... atest-a7997211.html

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ParkerCramer

Trump could not last 5 minutes under oath

Has Trump been asked?
As I said in another post "same 3 anonymous people, must be really real."
This is supposedly ATS, not twitter and a certain level of comprehension is called for.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

sshhh....wink wink......

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

"Pathological liar" is a meme supported with half baked assumtions not applied equally anywhere else.

He is no paragon of virtue and truth. But the crap you guys call lies only makes you look silly to reasonable people (ie, nonpartisans).

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Trumpers aren't helping Trump anymore. They should be deeply contemplating the prospects of Trump testifying under oath.

Bill Clinton was impeached for perjury. I believe he wasn't removed from office because he lied about something inconsequential.

What will Trump lie about?

He could lie about anything. He could lie at a rate of about once a minute as we've seen before in debates and interviews.

I think he could put the Republicans in a place where they have no choice but to remove him from office.

The world is watching after all.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

When it comes to hillary, possibly not.

But there is compelling evidence her lues are about people dying. Not so sure you can say the same about Trump. I.e., you are focusing on the meaningless to ignore the truly disturbing. Unless when Hillary misspeaks she isnt lying, like Trump is.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

How many examples like this do you need?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

"Could"

What is the discussion again?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Not watching a vid. Summarize in your own words.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Yay for disgruntled socks!

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I think this is a problem, as Trump seems to get confused a lot and can't keep his facts straight. I'm not sure he could do a series of interviews without contradicting himself.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Trump is a pathological liar. That's my summary.

I can give you video after video, article after article, but it's just a "meme" to you apparently.

I can't argue with that.

originally posted by: darkbake
I think this is a problem, as Trump seems to get confused a lot and can't keep his facts straight. I'm not sure he could do a series of interviews without contradicting himself.

Any reasonable person would come to that conclusion. What are the Trump supporters in this thread doing?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym

originally posted by: Metallicus
I think you should stop trashing ATS with pointless threads every 10 minutes and get some sleep. As far as predictions go I predict nothing will happen just like all the other predictions of a Trump’s demise.

Do you need this news from a conservative source?

thehill.com...

Is that better?

This is what I've been saying for months is the climax of the Russian investigation...Trump testifying under oath. I believe the entire thing may have been a conspiracy to get to this point.

The moment he swears "to tell the truth", they've got him. They know it.

I can see why you're lashing out. This is the most substantive issue I've raised here. Your true colors are showing.

Generally speaking, working through a lawyer when dealing with a legal issue is well advised. Educated sane people heed this advice while mentally unstable folks ignore it.

Speaks to the sanity of Trump for him to be following his attorneys advice.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I have to laugh sometimes...

You asked me if I had any links to bolster my assertions, and all I can say is, you did it for me.

The fact that they "offered" a meeting means nothing, because with regard to the matter of whether or not the President would or would not appear before him to answer questions, the only person with any say in whether or not, or how that would go down, is Mueller, not Trump, not his lawyers, but Mueller. So that offer is rather akin to offering a butcher a slice of the bacon he just cut for you, that he has not yet sold to you. In short, it means nothing.

And the link from the independent is just more of the same, and both are contradicted entirely by the issuance of this written testimony, and the suggestion that this ought to be enough, that a face to face ought not happen for whatever reason.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Well fair is fair.

First the fbi needs to give a bunch of trump team members immunity.

Then they should write up statements claiming he is innocent before interviewing him.

Then allow others being investigated to sit in on the interview with him.

Then they need to get an agent that has texted his admiration for trump to do the interview.

That interview then should not be recorded.

I mean, that is the precedent, right?
edit on 8-1-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Metallicus

While "Trump's demise" may not be on the cards as a result of the way this situation shakes down, this thread is far from pointless.

It brings up several interesting points. First of all, it details efforts by his legal team to keep him from having to perform under oath, which any reasonable person would find suspect. Second, it goes on to point out that Mr Trump is likely to have trouble under oath, because, as has been shown to be demonstrably the case, the man is fundamentally incapable of either accuracy or honesty in his statements.

If a person is to lead a nation like America, that person has to be beholden to the same rules and social expectations as the rest of the population, otherwise, what you have is some sort of pseudo monarchy, which for rather obvious, constitutional, historical reasons, would be totally unacceptable to most people in that nation. Therefore, there is no reason for the President to get a free pass, and be able to avoid providing his person for the purpose of being questioned under oath, since any other person required to do so by a court order or summons directly from an AG, would have to so appear. There is no reason that his words, under that oath, should be treated any differently than the word of anyone else, nor that consequences for failing to be honest and accurate, ought to be mitigated by the fact that the person in question occupies high office of any kind, leave alone the office of the President of the United States.

The fact that Trump's legal team see fit to even attempt to keep him from personally and verbally responding to questioning, suggests that they do not believe he is capable of withstanding legal scrutiny of this sort (something which anyone worthy of his position would at least be artful enough to do, even if they were guilty of something, by the way).
Huh? I’m pretty sure it would be every lawyer’s plan to try to avoid putting their client on the stand. Why would you find that suspicious? You know very well that a lawyer’s job is to try to stay out of a trial or any litigation if possible.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Seems OP has triggered peeps in the Pit, must be on to something.

I agree, BTW, he will perjure himself nine ways til Sunday and yet fully and passionately believe every word he is saying. Because he's mental.

I will be shocked - shocked, I say - if he is actually interviewed in person. The ensuing fall out would be too crippling to good governance and national security.

I suspect all of DC is trying to figure out a way to uncouple Trump from the Presidency as painlessly as possible, and that includes Trump himself.

The singular catch is trying not to alienate and stir up his kool-aid drinkers. They're desperately needed for the mid terms and 2020.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join