It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump lawyers hoping to avoid Mueller interview with signed document claiming innocence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Justice Department veterans said Mueller would almost certainly want to interview the president directly in the probe, which has so far resulted in two indictments and two guilty pleas.

“Prosecutors want to see and hear folks in person,” said Chuck Rosenberg, former U.S. attorney and former Comey chief of staff. “They want answers directly from witnesses, not from their lawyers. The odds of prosecutors agreeing to written responses are somewhere between infinitesimally small and zero.”
www.rawstory.com...

How long can Trump speak extemporaneously without lying? In the interviews I've seen and read about, it's a matter of minutes on average.

We see him lying frequently on Twitter. I still can't get over the fact that he recently wrote that he won the presidency on his first try. Whom was he trying to fool?

It's time to discuss the motherload issue that's been looming in the background for months:

Trump is going to testify under oath.

Predictions?

I'm predicting perjury. It's like predicting the sun will rise tomorrow in my mind.
edit on 8-1-2018 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I think you should stop trashing ATS with pointless threads every 10 minutes and get some sleep. As far as predictions go I predict nothing will happen just like all the other predictions of Trump’s demise.

edit on 2018/1/8 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I predict that nothing is going to happen to trump or hillary.....except maybe a secret love affair.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I think you should stop trashing ATS with pointless threads every 10 minutes and get some sleep. As far as predictions go I predict nothing will happen just like all the other predictions of a Trump’s demise.

Do you need this news from a conservative source?

thehill.com...

Is that better?

This is what I've been saying for months is the climax of the Russian investigation...Trump testifying under oath. I believe the entire thing may have been a conspiracy to get to this point.

The moment he swears "to tell the truth", they've got him. They know it.

I can see why you're lashing out. This is the most substantive issue I've raised here. Your true colors are showing.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I predict your going to make another half dozen b.s. trumpapocalypse threads tomorrow...

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
You guys have a short shelf life.

I predict you will burn out and need a break in less than a month.

edit on 1 8 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

While "Trump's demise" may not be on the cards as a result of the way this situation shakes down, this thread is far from pointless.

It brings up several interesting points. First of all, it details efforts by his legal team to keep him from having to perform under oath, which any reasonable person would find suspect. Second, it goes on to point out that Mr Trump is likely to have trouble under oath, because, as has been shown to be demonstrably the case, the man is fundamentally incapable of either accuracy or honesty in his statements.

If a person is to lead a nation like America, that person has to be beholden to the same rules and social expectations as the rest of the population, otherwise, what you have is some sort of pseudo monarchy, which for rather obvious, constitutional, historical reasons, would be totally unacceptable to most people in that nation. Therefore, there is no reason for the President to get a free pass, and be able to avoid providing his person for the purpose of being questioned under oath, since any other person required to do so by a court order or summons directly from an AG, would have to so appear. There is no reason that his words, under that oath, should be treated any differently than the word of anyone else, nor that consequences for failing to be honest and accurate, ought to be mitigated by the fact that the person in question occupies high office of any kind, leave alone the office of the President of the United States.

The fact that Trump's legal team see fit to even attempt to keep him from personally and verbally responding to questioning, suggests that they do not believe he is capable of withstanding legal scrutiny of this sort (something which anyone worthy of his position would at least be artful enough to do, even if they were guilty of something, by the way).

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
I predict your going to make another half dozen b.s. trumpapocalypse threads tomorrow...

Give me a link to one "b.s. trumpapocalypse thread" that I've started?

Trump testifying under truly is the "Trumpapocalypse" for him. I have no doubt.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Perhaps Antiantonym would be more to your liking if they shot at 10 year old children?

Back on topic, Trump could not last 5 minutes under oath without sinking himself, and the fact that you cannot deduce this is astounding.

Have a nice day metal, and please be kind to the children if this world.

MTUBY

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

Been saying for months?

You've been here for 2 weeks.

Unless you're admitting to violating the T&C and have multiple accounts?...

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym

This is what I've been saying for months is the climax of the Russian investigation...

Bold by me. Your account is 18 days old. Freudian slip?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61
a reply to: tadaman

I think it's amazing how posts such as yours have become so common. You don't actually address the topic in the op whatsoever.

You just go after the author.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Ha. You beat me by 2 minutes.

I type slow

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

You think jumping on the "Trump lies" meme bandwagon is substantive?

No wonder i put no credibility in the Trump opposition.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
You didn't answer my question in one of your other threads:

Are you the guy who used to do all the relationship threads?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

You think jumping on the "Trump lies" meme bandwagon is substantive?

No wonder i put no credibility in the Trump opposition.

That poses a potential problem then. Trump himself jumped on the "Hillary lies" bandwagon.

Does that mean he has no credibility?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I think you should stop trashing ATS with pointless threads every 10 minutes and get some sleep.

Couldn't agree more!

"former this and former that want face to face answers"

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

from your second source

three people familiar with the matter told NBC News.

same 3 anonymous people, must be really real.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

edit on 8-1-2018 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: Douuuuuuuuuuble post

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   

3.47 to be more accurate - hahahahaha

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join