It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I'm With You' by Avril Lavigne: I once thought it was pathetic, now it's my theme song

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
When the song "I'm With You" by Avril Lavigne came out, I thought it was a beautiful song, but I also thought it described a pathetic way to live. I was kind of a hopeless romantic, and I believed in finding love that lasts a lifetime. The song is about the opposite of that. It's about being romantic with whomever is around and not going far beyond that.

Since that song came out I've been married and divorced, and I've had my heart broken a few times. I got divorced due to irreconcilable differences. Neither my ex-wife nor I wanted a divorce, but we couldn't agree on how to live. Every path I've gone down for romance has ended in heartbreak.

It's not all bad. I just had two incredible dates in the last several days. Both of the women I went out with are in long-distance relationships, and they're not getting what they need from their boyfriends. Both of them basically treat me like their boyfriend when we're out. There's just minimal physical contact, but I'm not trying anything there because I don't really care about it, and I don't want to be involved with "cheating." I just had great times with women I am very attracted to.

I'm an extreme introvert, so all I need is about one experience a week like that to stay completely happy.

My relationship with this song describes the full circle of my life in terms of romance.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 7-1-2018 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
We cant all get the good ones my typical girlfiend is below

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Why dont you just email them and ask to reset your password?

edit on 7-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Both of the women I went out with are in long-distance relationships and not getting what they need from their boyfriends.

and with avril lavigne as your inspiration, how could things posibly go wrong.
good luck

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Pro....

What a compliment! I don't think I'm a "pro" yet, but I'm working on it.

www.youtube.com...

originally posted by: Rikku

Both of the women I went out with are in long-distance relationships and not getting what they need from their boyfriends.

and with avril lavigne as your inspiration, how could things posibly go wrong.
good luck

She is not my inspiration. The song is just a decent description.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym
Oh wow. Doesn't seem that bad, what you describe. Other then the divorce thing, I think many people now a day are discredit to the sacred art of divorce, divorce should probably be the best time in your life, and your just wasting it.

Was watching this guy last night, was going to watch a show, but this guy comedy special was pretty funny.

But when you write things like this, oh ya, its so bizarre that you do have issues.

Since that song came out I've been married and divorced, and I've had my heart broken a few times. I got divorced due to irreconcilable differences. Neither my ex-wife nor I wanted a divorce, but we couldn't agree on how to live.

So you got divorced because you couldn't decide on how to life? Not even sure what that means, unless this is serious, then have you thought about getting a six sided dice and writing a six different ways to live on a piece of paper then tossing that dice? I mean its as good a way as any.

Saying both of you did not want a divorce but you got one is kind of contradictory, obviously your not saying something or one or both did want a divorce now your treating divorce as a smoke screen, which is a disservice on the most serviceable art of divorce. Shame on you.

But ya I remember that song from way when, thinking on it now. Does sound like the theme song to a scary movie, maybe Friday the 13th if it was all new age'y and stuff. Its a dam cold night, and then Jason in his hockey mask pops out and stabs you in the head. Bam didn't see that one coming.

Also its pretty typical for long distance relationships not to work out, almost as typical for to close of a proximity relationships to not work out as well. Its almost like, pick your poison already guy.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

This situation is not bad at all. I'm cared about and treated like a boyfriend with no strings attached, and there's NO BITCHINESS from them. They are so nice to me...as nice as almost any woman has ever been to me.

There were moments when I could really see they care for me. For example, they know each other, and they both noticeably twinged (to me at least) when I mentioned the other one. Small moments like mean everything to me.

Concerning the irreconcilable differences with my ex-wife, there was one possible way to solve the problem, and my ex-wife disagreed. It was truly a stalemate that could not be solved.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I've had the same kind of love love/hate relationship with Abba's "Voulez-Vous." I loved the song as art, but I thought it described a pathetic way to exist.

That's changed now. I want to see what this type of life is like because it may work for me.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I have yet to encounter a real issue on these relationship threads on ATS in all my meandering years here on this site, so ya, your is far from bad. Its what I said. It all seems childish to me, but hey to each there own, and birds of a feather do flock together. Its not like there can be any other way about it.

I am sure you will be fine.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
Its what I said. It all seems childish to me

What seems "childish" to you? This is the first time you've mentioned that.

You seem to be incapable of comprehending that my marriage was at an impasse.

This thread is in the music foum because it's primarily about music. This is an amazing quote by you:

"I have yet to encounter a real issue on these relationship threads on ATS in all my meandering years here on this site"

You came to the music forum looking for a relationship thread, and you didn't find it, so you complain about it?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
No I am not complaining, I am merely just saying it is not serious, and nothing you have said or wrote so far makes me believe it so. You say your marriage it was at an impasse? But never gave or described what that impasse was, so off course I did not take you seriously. I think you mistake a choice you both made, for something else.

What is not clear about that?

If anything I was merely musing how this whole forum may have to go, its to much ado about nothing and always has been. Women may like this sort of thing, its in all kinds of magazines and other media, but yes, it seems childish to me. Did you not watch that vid I posted from Luis CK? Was it not funny, and so right on the money? After all you have two new girlfriends now. So what is the issue? Ha, I even rhymed there for a second.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Or right. Music thread and forum. Jeez. Almost forgot, I run to much into this sort of thing.

Here a song. Dam, did you check some of these time stamps on these Avril Lavigne songs, 6 to 9 years ago! Crazy I know. But even after all that time, its still kind of just average or so so music, that hasn't changed.

(post by Rikku removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I think you settled your credibility in this thread right there. I can't say exactly what happened because I'm being watched on this forum, and I want to stay anonymous.

a reply to: Rikku

Ad hominem attacks say more about the attacker than the attacked. I should probably make that my signature because it happens to me so often here.

You're either trying to discredit me or "wake me up", but you failed either way because you made no argument.

Resorting to ad hominem attacks just means you're raising the white flag which means I won the argument. Thanks.
edit on 8-1-2018 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I think you settled your credibility in this thread right there. I can't say exactly what happened because I'm being watched on this forum, and I want to stay anonymous.

OK, now your just being weird. Pretty sure nobody cares who you are or about this thread, least of all me. Now since I have rediscovers that this is not the dam relationship forum.

I got to say, this whole Avril Levigne songs, its pretty bizarre when you think about it, that at one point in ones life ie teens, some of these songs moved you.

I mean look at this one. Skater boy. Skateboarding has ridiculously declined in popularity in these short 10 or so years. What the hell happened there? Or have these hoverboard people taken over, I have seen a bunch of them on those wheeled hoverboards riding around last time I went into town, but I have not seen anybody skating for literally years. I may have been wrong, maybe her songs were not as bad as I originally thought.

edit on 10pmMondaypm082018f1pmMon, 08 Jan 2018 22:25:59 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: edit video

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   

You're a narcissist. If you don't already know that then you truly are the author of the make believe story you are telling to yourself.

new topics

top topics

join