It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumpwatch 2018

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I decided to go onto the recent posts page and scrolled down - I kept going until I'd went 50 threads deep and stopped there.

Next, I scrolled back up and counted every thread that had the word Trump in the title and there were 13 separate threads that met that criteria.

That's over 20% of recent posts all with just the word Trump in the title, I didn't count ones that said POTUS or president - 26% if we want to be more accurate...over a quarter!

It's a fun game, I invite others' to join in and conduct this experiment and post your findings here, the current top score is 26% but I'm pretty sure that can be bettered.

Perhaps someone will take a larger snapshot and count the number of Trump threads in the last 100 posts? That would be cool but I'm too lazy to do it.

Cheers.
edit on 7/1/2018 by LungFuMoShi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Isnt it amazing how our foreign citizen start threads on US politics in pure futility ?
Or , is there a deep emotional drive or some hidden agenda ?

OOPS , wait
Outta here....

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The last of the 50 was not a Trump thread which means me authoring this particular thread brought the tally up to 14 Trump threads.

So I'm part of the problem.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LungFuMoShi
a reply to: Gothmog

The last of the 50 was not a Trump thread which means me authoring this particular thread brought the tally up to 14 Trump treads.

So I'm part of the problem.

Not exactly. You did not put a sway on the situation one way or the other. You remain neutral...

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Here's todays:

And then:

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LungFuMoShi

Before Trump came into ATS's spotlight the boards were always filled with Hillary Clinton threads. In fact, I dreaded the day she became POTUS because if you think there are a lot of Trump posts now, and there certainly are, just imagine how many Hillary threads there would be!

I'm glad that day never came.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I agree...Trump is far more entertaining that either of the Clintons.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yeah. There's only so many permutations you can squeeze out of witch jokes.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
And to think people.

We have 7 more glorious years of Trump threads.

As the saying goes.

All hat NO cattle.

edit on 7-1-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Now that you've had 8 years to reflect on how absurd the Obama cultists have been, you dont fret over becoming the same thing?

I know I was stunned when the Bush critics went full blown cultist after participating with them against Bush so many years, their constant calling Bush supporters out for being every flavor of insane for being such sheep.

This whole scene of groupthink stuff is a perpetual slippery slope we must all be in constant apprehension with or else we'r sucker ourselves.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I remember a time it was full of Obama threads.....

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I only averaged around one Clinton thread a week.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LungFuMoShi
The last of the 50 was not a Trump thread which means me authoring this particular thread brought the tally up to 14 Trump threads.

No, because this one is on the "off-topic" side, which is very nearly clear of Trump threads.
In fact there would be no Trump threads in off-topic at all, were it not for this one and another making the same point.
Off-topic says "Give me your poor, you huddled masses, craving to be free of talks about Trump".

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

To be honest, I'm not really craving to be free of Trump threads at all.

I'm simply mocking the fact that there are so many, so frequently.

But I still find them humorous. For me there are two types of Trump thread on ATS.

There are threads people author about Trump because they heard something or read something that is actually worth discussing - take this thread for example:

Donald Trump engaged in 'perverted sexual acts' monitored by Russia intelligence, report says

Here we have a thread where another user found something interesting, gave a brief and unbiased summary and posted the link. This is a thread where there's something perhaps worth discussing.

Then there's the other type of thread about Trump where they'll say something asinine like Trumps staff say he's like "a child" and I just think...so?

People need to realise...just because someone like me mocks a particular thread that's bashing Trump don't mean I like the guy. I dunno enough about him to either love or hate him...he's just some dude to me.

But I still know petty when I see it, I still know a witchhunt when I see one and I still know what a pitchfork waving mentalist with an axe to grind looks like.

The biggest majority of the Trump threads are absurd and pointless...including this one.

This particular thread shouldn't be able to exist...but it is, because the environment that makes this thread possible has been created over the last year or so.

I don't really give two hoots about the guy, if it was people saying these things about Obama some years ago I'd have probably reacted the same way as I was pretty much as on the fence with Obama as I am with Trump.

It's a ridiculous situation which lends credibility to ridiculous threads.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I get that alleged sexual acts are, in the end - inconsequential. But at least there's smoke, there's something tangible or interesting that prompted it...I just want to clear that up.

Trumps sex life is meaningless but I can see why people would think it pertinent to discuss given the Russian connection and the fact that he's the president.

Threads accusing Trump of being childish, etc...are simply ridiculous. I'm childish sometimes.

We all are.

It's meaningless...they're mostly meaningless and smack of bitter childishness.
edit on 9/1/2018 by LungFuMoShi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
You know what it just struck me after submitting that last post - the quality of some of the Trump threads is on a par with some of the stuff they used to print in VIZ.

Anyone from the UK will most likely have heard of or even read a copy of VIZ.

VIZ is a ridiculously surreal, often times insane comic book publication that is intentionally stupid...they print mock editorials where they'll accuse certain celebrities of doing the most retarded or absurd things.

Like accusing newsreader Martin Lewis of being a bully and beating up all the other newsreaders, or claiming Sting has 48 hour tantric lovemaking and meditation sessions.

Difference is VIZ are intentionally making a mockery of themselves and these people...them's what autor these mental Trump threads seem to be quite serious. Must be a major pain having an axe to grind but being too incompetent to actually find something to grind that axe with...so just latch on to any old claim.

Those are the threads we need less of I'd say.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LungFuMoShi

I find a Scotsman obsession with Trump extraordinary, even to create a thread about him. I couldn't name one Scottish politician, pop star, or otherwise notable. Nor do I care.

cult45 gots de mojo....

edit on 9-1-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join