It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Armpit of ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I don't know y'all. I don't really want to rant this rant because it's futile, because if I know anything about ATS, it's that 95% of everyone on ATS believes they are more intelligent than everyone else. (Know what I mean?)

But if these wise individuals would refrain from authoring threads in the Political Mud-pit (the Armpit of ATS), or cut down their authored threads in this forum by 75%, and if participation dropped by a significant amount, I can only imagine where their/your attention would be directed and the ATS-worthy threads with which we'd be blessed.

I know, I know...not another one of those "I miss the old ATS" threads... Well, that's not entirely the case. I just know there truly are some great minds on ATS and perhaps some have let their guard down and have gotten sucked into sniffing the sweaty armpit of ATS. I'm not angry, just disappointed

That forum is full of nothing more than divisive garbage.

Look, we are set in our ways. Let's acknowledge that, quit throwing feces at each other (I'm guilty too), and quit acting as if our next reply within a Political Mud-pit thread is going to swing someone's political opinion. Your attention and effort can be much more useful elsewhere - I promise!

Now, if you're a troll, paid shill, etc. then heaven help you. But if anyone out there still maintains their intelligence & sanity, is still open-minded and slightly agrees with any of the above...I think ATS needs you now more than ever.

edit on 3217x6732America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Brut 33 make a spray for that ...

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

95% of everyone on ATS believes they are more intelligent than everyone else.

I'm, like, really smart. A genius. The Best Brain.

Very stable, too.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Well, a lot thread’s made elsewhere that are political are often times deleted and a message sent to the inbox saying you can reupload it in the Mud Put because said thread attacks, or implies an attack, on any given political ideology.

Then there are those that thrive in the ATS armpit and spam threads there daily because stars and flags along with Dopamine addiction and confirmation bias.
edit on 7-1-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I enjoy the mud pit, it is a place of open and reserved debate.

I like arm pits too, without both of mine my shoulders would have no bottoms.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

95% of everyone on ATS believes they are more intelligent than everyone else.

I'm, like, really smart. A genius. The Best Brain.

Very stable, too.

Ok, thats funny and apt...but I know you specifically, know where I'm coming from.

There is no difference to be made in the political mud-pit, unless the difference you're (generally speaking) trying to make is further division among ATSers.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Well you gotta bump the threads that matter.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The political mudslinging is an absolute epidemic. A huge bloated cancer on this website.
It's really sad that the owners allowed their site to lose it's core members for these "Red vs. Blue" game-show participants.

There is nothing higher-minded about these political threads, it's just a bleed out from reddit and 4chan. Aggressive and defensive.

Just remove political threads from the live feed. Or let US do it.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I know you specifically, know where I'm coming from.

I do.

There is no difference to be made in the political mud-pit, unless the difference you're (generally speaking) trying to make is further division among ATSers.

Usually there is no difference to be made, but sometimes there is if you pay attention to the content and discussion, carefully choose threads in which to comment, post wisely (such as ignoring blatant trollatry), or just want to have fun watching how people twist themselves in rationalizations. I agree, many threads shouldn't even be given the time of day, and are purposefully meant to stroke division (or their own fragile beliefs) as a form of "gotcha!"

But sometimes it's fun to be deodorant.
edit on 7-1-2018 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ThinkingCap

You do realize that you can still have the option of making threads that you find interesting.

So get with makin' some "you approved" threads.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Very true, thats good practice but I've been here for over 10 yrs. My profile says I joined in 2010 but that seems like yesterday. I lurked for years, like most everyone. And again, like many, 9/11 pretty much brought me here.

And hell, maybe ATS was damn near identical in 2010 as it is today, but doesn't that say something in of itself, and solidify my point?

All I'm asking is for those inclined to author politically-motivated threads, specifically in the Political Mud-pit, to simply reconsider before tapping "New topic" within that forum.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I do realize that, and you missed the point entirely. Sassy little man.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ThinkingCap

I read your post and being sassy, didn't see any real reason to it other than it ins't your cup of tea because it doesn't meet certain criteria for "you approved" threads.

I don't like the sports page in the news paper so I don't read it.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Isn't the Mud Pit wonderful ? A place where even non-US citizens can vent their frustrations with US politics..
And then come to the Rants forum and complain about it...

edit on 1/7/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Then there are those that thrive in the ATS armpit and spam threads there daily because stars and flags along with Dopamine addiction and confirmation bias.

Lets face it, we're all addicted to it. Some people thrive off of it, some people need it much more than others, and some people seem like they can't live without it. Me personally, I like mine in doses, because like any other drug, too much of anything is never too good.

And we wonder why this place can sometimes resemble that of a crack-house.

ATS is capable of so much more. The potential is mind-blowing, but hey, what do you expect from a bunch of strung-out geeks on a conspiracy forum?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The Armpit of ATS.

Never believe an armpit without hair.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I tend to avoid politics.
I consider myself apolitical.
I don't consider myself a genius.
Scored a 131 on a standardized I.Q. test...granted I was slightly inebriated when I took it.
The whole left/right thing strikes me as a bit stupid.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Never believe an armpit without hair.

Mama always said, 'Never believe a woman who shaves."

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Personally I get more irritated by the nepotism that's all over this place.
There a mindset that anyone new here is completely retarded, uneducated, and needs a good talking down to.
Stars and flags, as well as membership date do not make you any more useful or educated than anyone else.
My ass got chapped the other day when I made a comment about a situation involving a firearm.
I just so happen to have extensive firearms knowledge and training, also have a room full of shooting trophies.
On top of that, extensive service record.
Yet, someone make a remark about me need to "keep up to speed". I was laughing my butt off about it, because here's some jackass trying to tell a weapons expert they are not up to speed....

Please lose the ego- some of us waited a long time to join for a reason - and it isn't ridiculous comments by people who are full of themselves that are helping the situation.

And any community that thinks it has all the knowledge it could possibly require is definitely not following the motto here....
DENY IGNORANCE...

edit on 7-1-2018 by Hewhowaits because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I agree, ATS has always had a lot of potential. Its there, although IMO, mostly because of the political climate, ATS often mirrors the MSM outlets. It seems like its getting worse, which is saddening.

Just to reiterate, if y'all are anything like me, I'm set in my political views. This is why the political mud-pit seems like the ATS version of TMZ. Just quit watching the garbage for a week, and you'll never feel the pull to go back. Its just irrelevant news with no substance, that is poisonous.

Of course there are political conspiracies that Im interested in and they deserve to be posted, dissected and debated...but those don't originate & live in the Armpit of ATS.

ATS will never cut their own armpit off, its too popular. But if they did, the moderators would have a lot more free time. Lol

I always thought ATS was supposed eye-opening and sort of counter-culture at its core.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join