It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Could Destroy the Entire Human Species, Says Yale Psychiatrist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I usually don't do many Trump threads but this one is a doozy with that extra layer of over-the-top alarm-ism that reminds me of a global warming hype article.

So, here it is, the great destroyer of the human race.... Trump!

www.yahoo.com...

President Donald Trump’s mental health might lead to the extinction of the human species, the Yale psychiatrist briefing lawmakers on the president's psychological state told Newsweek on Friday.

If it were possible, Dr. Bandy Lee said, "we would be declaring a public health emergency that needs to be responded to as quickly as possible.”

“As more time passes, we come closer to the greatest risk of danger, one that could even mean the extinction of the human species,” she said. “This is not hyperbole. This is the reality.”

edit on 7-1-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+30 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This is not hyperbole. 

Yes it is.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It's so crazy it all has to be manufactured. I mean Trump's not doing it but he helps instigate it. Keeps eyes off what's really going on.

-.-

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

“Would someone from [North Korean Leader Kim Jong-un's] depleted and food starved regime please inform him that I too have a Nuclear Button, but it is a much bigger & more powerful one than his, and my Button works!" the president tweeted on Tuesday night.
What Lee would say is that a history of violence—like Trump’s “verbal aggressiveness, history of boasting about sexual assault, history of inciting violence at his rallies, and history of endorsing violence in his key public speeches”—is the best predictor of future violence. “He has also shown an attraction to violence and powerful weapons," she said, including nuclear weapons. "He has also repeatedly taunted a hostile nation."

Lee said she’d received death threats since hosting a conference in April on the ethics of warning the public about dangers posed by mentally ill public figures. "I notified campus police and I changed my means of getting around," she said.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

One time, Nixon was overheard to remark he could "get up, walk to that (red) phone and in thirty minutes 150 million will be dead".

It not the presider with this terrible power, its the Military Industrial Complex.

The Pentagon issues those orders.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I didn't know people actually still believed Psychiatry was a valid profession, lol.

Damn which doctors, the lot of them! I don't want anything to do with their voodoo whoodoo.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

One time, Nixon was overheard to remark he could "get up, walk to that (red) phone and in thirty minutes 150 million will be dead".

It not the presider with this terrible power, its the Military Industrial Complex.

actually... the PoTUS can call that strike anytime he wants to. He has the codes.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
They sure are desperate. That sounds like they are losing... Oh wait they are..

edit on 7-1-2018 by UpsideDownWorld because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This will go down in history as the time when seats of learning were indistinguishable from mental health institutions.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Well, considering he’s an emotional snowflake who doesn’t need any approval to launch nukes I’d say this threat is very real. If he does have dementia then that goes double.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

actually... the PoTUS can call that strike anytime he wants to. He has the codes.

The military launches the missiles, or not.

MAD is a deception. The PTB will never destroy all they have worked so hard to build. The World is perfectly enslaved to them, they are as happy as pigs and mud. They sell you the fear of nukmageddon to keep you in line.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Dr. Bandy Lee and people who think like him are more of a threat to the entire human species than Trump will ever be.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I didn't know people actually still believed Psychiatry was a valid profession, lol.

Damn which doctors, the lot of them! I don't want anything to do with their voodoo whoodoo.

I agree fully.

Psychiatry is not a science, it's a collection of superstitions wrapped up in scientific sounding jargon.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

MAD is a deception. The PTB will never destroy all they have worked so hard to build. The World is perfectly enslaved to them, they are as happy as pigs and mud. They sell you the fear of nukmageddon to keep you in line.

The only thing that can do them in is when they've created so many problems they cannot contain them.

This is the essence of ordo ab chao, it turns their fanatics into nutcases because they need to constantly manufacture larger and larger problems from which to consolidate more power. Eventually their problems are too large to handle.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
So a psychiatrist, who has never examined or treated, or been in the same room as the President is basing his assumptions on "What he readed on Twitter"

This has as much credibility as Rosie O'Donnells diagnosis of Trump having autism.

New low

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
We're a Culture of Fear. Literally addicted to it. After generations of Cold War doomongering, that had along with it all the other Politics of Fear stuff (and news reporting like crime fearmongering) it's so ingrained in US we're a sick sick people. You see it everywhere, like with conservatives they've been infected with an outlandish FEAR of every possible threat even the tiniest tinpot dictator even though we're the only threat to this planet; that kind of fear running policy in US therefore becomes an ultimate threat. Then you have the global warming left. Same stuff. Nope, the world wont merely be a few degrees suckier nope it the END OF EARTH.

Just look at the 2012 scene. No where did the Mayans write anything about the what the long count meant, yet we turned it into the ultimate doomsday prophecy. Then the lists go on and on like high power lines causing cancer (yet people use magnets for therapy), Y2K, killer bees apocalypse, the annual The World Ends On This Date day, BP disaster was Literally The End Of The World, ZOMG IRAN / NK IS GODZILLA, Red Scare v2.0, and so on.

So here we have her referencing a situation (NK) driven by this kind of fear addiction, and then this report that drips with the very same stuff.

edit on 7-1-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

That's not at all how it works.

en.wikipedia.org...

Only the President can direct the use of nuclear weapons by U.S. armed forces, including the Single Integrated Operational Plan (SIOP). While the President does have unilateral authority as commander-in-chief to order that nuclear weapons be used for any reason at any time, the actual procedures and technical systems in place for authorizing the execution of a launch order requires a secondary confirmation under a two-man rule, as the President's order is subject to secondary confirmation by the Secretary of Defense. If the Secretary of Defense does not concur, then the President may in his sole discretion fire the Secretary. The Secretary of Defense has legal authority to approve the order, but cannot veto it.[1][2][3] The Secretary of Defense succession plan designates numerous individuals that may serve after a President removes his or her predecessor.[4] Traditionally, a civilian United States officer must countersign a Presidential order or resign.[5]

If the Secretary of Defense does not concur, then the President may in his sole discretion fire the Secretary.

That's right up Trump's alley!

And besides, according to conservative conspiracy theorists, like Alex Jones, TPTB are actively trying to lower the worlds population so why would they stop him? That, and they also have all those crazy underground bunkers all over the world to relax in while you and I die horrible deaths.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

How about we send this quack to Fat Kim and watch how he will be getting treated upon arrival. I bet Fat Kim has a spare Flak with his name on it. F#cking moron. Fat Kim kills people just for looking at him funny. Trump is not doing any of the sorts.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
She did this at the behest of Democratic lawmakers.

When spoke about her findings, she did so in front of 14 Democrats and 1 Republican.

She also came to her conclusions without actually speaking with Trump himself.

She based her findings on Trumps Tweets.

It is the long-held position of the American Psychological Association and the American Psychiatric Association that it is both unethical and extremely irresponsible for mental health experts to render professional verdicts based only on casual observation.

There’s a backstory to this rule......... The short of it is this: A 1964 survey of psychiatrists found that almost half of its respondents believed GOP presidential candidate Barry Goldwater was mentally unfit to be president. They called him a "dangerous lunatic," "paranoid," a "counterfeit figure of a masculine man,” and so on. Goldwater went on to lose the election, but he won his defamation lawsuit against the now-defunct Fact magazine, which published the psychiatrist survey. The American Psychiatric Association's president called the entire incident a "very public ethical misstep," and the group moved to institute a code, known commonly as the Goldwater Rule, stating that psychiatrists are to refrain from offering long-distance diagnoses.

Source:

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

If Brandy Lee is typical of Yale and Harvard grads, remind me not to send my daughter to those schools. I don't want a stupid daughter. She broke a code that was instigated 53 years ago. How do you do that without getting paid the big bucks to ignore it and hope no one in America knows about the Goldwater Rule?

This is basically the personal opinion from someone who has never spoken to Trump personally.

www.npr.org...

edit on 7-1-2018 by DeepImpactX because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join