It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Bannon is already eating crow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Bannon expresses regret after slamming Trump family in new book

Well, that didn't take long.

Steve Bannon expressed regret Sunday after he created a furor with comments critical of President Donald Trump's family in a new book, dragging the controversy into its fifth day as the White House kept up its attacks on both the former chief strategist and “Fire and Fury” author Michael Wolff.

"Donald Trump, Jr. is both a patriot and a good man. He has been relentless in his advocacy for his father and the agenda that has helped turn our country around," Bannon said in a statement. "I regret that my delay in responding to the inaccurate reporting regarding Don Jr has diverted attention from the president's historical accomplishments in the first year of his presidency."

Bannon insisted in his statement Sunday that he never meant to imply the campaign colluded with Russia. "There was no collusion and the investigation is a witch hunt," he said.

I don't know what to make of this to tell you the truth.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Easy...his sponsors have pulled the plug and he is now in danger of becoming a footnote. On a lighter note, now we know that he's for sale.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Easy...his sponsors have pulled the plug and he is now in danger of becoming a footnote. On a lighter note, now we know that he's for sale.

At first glance, that's what it appears. The Mercers distancing themselves from him had to be a blow.

But, it just feels too quick and too pathetic. To go from "treasonous and unpatriotic" to "both a patriot and a good man" is a big leap. I almost feel sorry for Sloppy Steve.

Something tells me, though, there is more to this than meets the eye.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Bannon insisted in his statement Sunday that he never meant to imply the campaign colluded with Russia. "There was no collusion and the investigation is a witch hunt," he said.

Here's what to make of it.

He's covering his arse.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Really?

I'll explain it then. This a$$hole (i.e. Bannon) is back tracking so fast he has already stumbled and fallen on his butt.

Put another way.

The puling coward is lying through is teeth in order to save his own skin.

Put another way.

He always said that he was like Cromwell in the Tudor household when it came to the Trumps. He was right. If Trump could lop off his head... He would. Make no mistake.

Fu**ing hilarious.
edit on 7-1-2018 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Everyone is for sale.

Trump supporters Macy's.

Trump haters Walmart.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

People that hate Trump; He was telling the truth and now he's lying.

People that don't hate Trump; He was lying and now he's telling the truth.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Hopefully it's low calorie crow since he appears to be in need of losing a few pounds.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I don't understand. What is he apologizing for? Everything in the book is completely false according to the other pro-Trump threads about the book.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I don't understand either.

After an entire year of investigation by federal LEO.

The only thing they came up with was Flynn Lying.

Now suddenly some book is a revelation of something the feds can't even prove.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Nailed it

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

That was spot on Johnny.

It's always nice to know where these people stand.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

People that hate Trump; He was telling the truth and now he's lying.

People that don't hate Trump; He was lying and now he's telling the truth.

Confirmation bias is something else

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

You know, if Trump was smart he would've contacted Bannon as soon as word of this book broke out and together they could've denied all reports and begun damage control. But since Trump is an emotional snowflake who flies off the handle that plan never saw the light of day. Now Bannon has to do damage control while being attack by Trump, his base (mostly, since so many LOVE Bannon), and of course their common billionaire donors, the Mercers, who funded Trumps campaign and Breitbart.

Now Bannon is trying to save face but he's already been deemed Sloppy Steve. Should be Sloppy Trump because this mess with Bannon is his fault.
edit on 7-1-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Steve bannon's public statements have always been consistent, even to this day.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

He doesn't apologise. He expresses remorse for not responding to 'inaccurate reporting' as quickly as he could have done.

From my perspective, it looks like Bannon said what it says in the book. His silence affirmed it. His post-hoc comments on Breitbart support the same notion. It took the Twitter beating from Trump for him to start regrouping and paying his respects to Trump.

And let's be clear here. Trump called him out as a whiny bitch (cried when fired) and Bannon's rolled over no matter how 'inaccurate' the book is.

That's how it looks, but DBC's point is something everyone should consider.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Here is the thing. What he said, was exactly what he meant, at the time....He meant it when he said it, period. He can have remorse, but uh, it doesn't change what he said, and felt at the time. That is the way it is folks. I don't think what he said were lies. I think, he just wished he would have kept it to himself.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Wait...five days in and people are still gossiping about gossip?!

And I was certain/hopeful a bunch of people had a New Year's resolution of no longer being a [snipped]....so much for that!

edit on 0427x6704America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Jan 7 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: language

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Here is the thing. What he said, was exactly what he meant, at the time....He meant it when he said it, period. He can have remorse, but uh, it doesn't change what he said, and felt at the time. That is the way it is folks. I don't think what he said were lies. I think, he just wished he would have kept it to himself.

Steve Bannnon is ruined. He is a back-biting snake in the grass, always has been. Trump was a fool to ever place any confidence in him. Bannnon is saying what he thinks he needs to say to try and save himself, and the the only remorse he feel is for himself. Once he sees he can't fix this, he will write his own book trashing everybody in the administration just to make a buck. He has no scruples.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
As I said once before, he is acting like a childish, spoiled, jilted lover.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join