It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

116 images on the Voyager Golden Record

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
So according to many people alien disclosure is around the corner, so I thought.. what if they are visiting us because they found the golden record that voyager had on it. The only question is, if they gonna see it as greetings from earth or a whats for dinner guide.

In 1977, Nasa launched the Voyager
probes into space, in an effort to
learn more about the distant planets
of Jupiter and Saturn.

The Golden Record contains sounds, music and 116 images encoded in analog form depicting scientific knowledge, human anatomy, human endeavors, and the terrestrial environment.

Carl Sagan, who led the NASA committee that selected the images, the video reveals what could, in 5 billion years, be the only surviving traces of the human race in the universe.

Enjoy

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

The only question is, if they gonna see it as greetings from earth or a whats for dinner guide.

That's a good question , we like to think an Alien race would be benevolent toward us should they visit but what if the scarce resource in the Galaxy is food and they're out scouting for dinner on a planetary scale.

It could be sending out messages could get us eaten.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Very cool indeed....

at 8:12 ... so long and thanks for all the fish
edit on 7-1-2018 by Quadlink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

At least they didn't send pictures of transgenders or something like that. That would have had aliens confused. Just sayin....

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Thanks for the video

I wonder why (at 15:45) they chose to use a reversed photo from the Trans Antarctic Expedition, with very prominent backward alphabet letters? Any alien following along trying to decipher symbols for human language is bound to be confused. Unless the intent was to show we had the photographic skill and technology to manipulate these kinds of images?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Isn't that record still travelling out of the heliosphere aboard voyager .... how could it have been "found"?.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Monsieur Neary

Quite a lot of them are in the video, but it could have been made from a film that was also inverted - eg at 10:44.

This album has them all correct

imgur.com...

but who knows if they spotted it and flipped them back

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Jesus, I'd forgotten how primitive we were in the 70's.

I'm depressed.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Some of the photos are terrible quality, they look like color prints that were left out in the sun

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Maybe they'll bust us for throwing our trash out in space.

new topics

top topics

join