It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A prime example of which 'tweets' the media cover regarding POTUS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It’s not an opinion. It’s an argument.

Oh. Valid arguments are usually accompanied by supporting data or sources.

So if it was not your opinion, it is safe to say it was an invalid argument.

Unless you have a source for your "argument".

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That was the previous administration

Obama engaged the media and the public and did not take to twitter multiple times a day to complain about criticism.

which has been described as Nixonian.

By whom, the little people in you head?

By the COmmittee to protect journalists.

The administration’s war on leaks and other efforts to control information are the most aggressive I’ve seen since the Nixon administration, when I was one of the editors involved in The Washington Post’s investigation of Watergate. The 30 experienced Washington journalists at a variety of news organizations whom I interviewed for this report could not remember any precedent.

Source

You’re wrong.

I guess I am wrong.

Obama kept a tight ship on leakers, according to your source.

Something I would think people would respect.

The administration also spied on the press. The point is, this administration pails in comparison to the previous in both accountability and transparency.

Do you have a source that compares both factors with previous administrations compared to the Trump administration?

Accountability and transparency go well beyond the media's access alone.

Given the negativity of coverage of this administration, I think it is obvious there is no climate of fear when it comes to reporting on the president.

Ok. Thank you for your opinion, but I asked for a source with a qualifying record of accountability and transparency of the Obama admin in relation to other admins.

Also, I believe that Obama's JD did "spy" on the media and it resulted in the conviction of many people within the government who had leaked classified info to the press.

Something that has been called-for many times by Trump supporters.

You don't even know the difference between an opinion and an argument.

So far, Les Mis has yet to offer anything to validate his "argument".

We shall see if it was anything more than just his opinion.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Regardless of where we think accountability is derived, Les Mis made a very specific statement.

We shall see if he can provide a source that compares accountability and transparency with this administration with those of the past.

I can't say I've ever seen such a comparison. Hopefully he can produce, as I would love to see such a metric.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Who the eff needs a source?

We've had eight years to go through.

From 30,000 deleted emails to we have to pass the bill before we get to see what's in it.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Who the eff needs a source?

We've had eight years to go through.

From 30,000 deleted emails to we have to pass the bill before we get to see what's in it.

I do. Our fellow friend and his wing man said it was an argument, not an opinion.

So we shall see what sort of source he has that led him to make that very specific statement.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It's been backed up on Abovetopsecret for eight years, and thousands of threads.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Jailing of leakers isnt a bad metric to start with.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Don't worry, punishment is coming for the top liberal media outlets and their high-profile cronies as well.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Wow, I didn't know the African American unemployment rate had dropped so precipitously. Thank you for that information.

So has the crime rate and the number of African Americans on welfare too.

Thank you president Trump!

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Jailing of leakers isnt a bad metric to start with.

Indeed. Jailing of leakers is one of the things Obama actually did.

That being said, is that an argument, an opinion, or both?

I can't keep track.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

It's been backed up on Abovetopsecret for eight years, and thousands of threads.

It's also on record on ATS that people think they have been abducted by butt-probing aliens, Obama is a Muslim that is going to confiscate our bacon and Hillary is a shape-shifting reptilian that's going to draw pentagrams under White House desks.

Not sure I'd use ATS as a source for anything argument/opinion that is...sane.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

MAGA Baby!

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

When did it become acceptable that the US president engaged the US public and the media like a teenage girl with a social media addiction?

Gee I don’t know...maybe about the same time the MSM decided it was okay to make up sources, report fake news, and continually ask the same question over and over in press conferences because they don’t like the answer they are given?

I find it refreshing to get unfiltered news from POTUS. And you can bet none of the current shenanigans at DOJ and FBI would have EVER been brought to light if the filtered MSM biased reporting was all we were still getting.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   

This is an opinion. A president is entitled to do what he wants. However, calling one a teenage girl and the other a moron is not right. If anything, the tweets from O were a little more childish and mundane.

So Trump wants to call people out because he is constantly misquoted...what is wrong with that?

People thinking there will be a World War over tweets are just plain out of touch.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Im just an asshole with an opinion.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
MSM- corrupt
FBI- corrupt
DOJ- corrupt

Wait, it was Comeys fault.
No, wait HRC did it.
Everything all of the above say and do is a lie.
Hell, I don't no what to do. Please will one of you Trumpeters point me in the right direction.

No, wait ,I know I will ask the all mighty FOX news. Mabey Hannibal. Oops I mean Hinnity. He is obviously the only one that knows the truth.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The year is 2030
The Progressive Liberal movement in the US has completely collapsed under their own self-inflicted insanity caused by a Hillary Clinton loss in the Presidential election of 2016 .
At first the degeneration of their legitimacy was slow , as there appeared a very strong hate Trump affliction that held them together for a while.This was augmented by a popular foreign citizen hate anything US movement . As time progressed this affliction turned into a full blown derangement. Speaking out on the most trivial of matters including Twitter posts by Trump.
The intelligent , informed members of the Democratic Party retained their sanity and started moving back toward a centrist point of view after realizing the foolishness of the Liberals within their own Party.This trend actually began before the 2016 election, therefore guaranteeing a Trump election. The more the extreme left spoke out on matters with their Liberal "fairytale stories" , the more votes Trump garnered.
By 2020 this caused a landslide victory for a Trump reelection over the Clinton/Franken ticket and the latter complete collapse of a once noble cause.(in the 60s and 70s only)

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Don't worry, punishment is coming for the top liberal media outlets and their high-profile cronies as well.

That needs a catchy tagline.

How about "The Night of Broken Glass"?

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Moral authority?

Meh.

posted on Jan, 12 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

They do this type of thing So much, that, when Trump really does do something less than pleasing, I have to give the guy a pass. They are really puttin this guy through the wringers, and watering down both their message as well as watering down and weakening the impact of Real faux pauxs (sp)...

I gotta give him a pass because A) hes already been/being punished enough for things he DIDNT do. and B) after how they treat him, I would be a little Bitter, too, and that bitterness would be difficult to conceal 24/7.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join