It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A prime example of which 'tweets' the media cover regarding POTUS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That was the previous administration

Obama engaged the media and the public and did not take to twitter multiple times a day to complain about criticism.

which has been described as Nixonian.

By whom, the little people in you head?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: matafuchs

The Trump butt kissing continues.

Yeah, because starting a fight with NoKo stating he has a bigger nuke button on his desk is totally productable and in no way dangerous for the world. And that's just a few tweets of his many insane tweets. Takes a big man to make threats of nuclear war over the internet....

There are even some Trump supporters who wish he would stop tweeting because he looks so bad doing it and it embarrasses them.

When are you Trump supporters EVER gonna hold this man accountable for anything? Always defending every insane thing he does and guess what, that only encourages him. You people are the problem now.

Are you serious? Lunatics like Fat Kim only respond to a show of strength. I'm glad you will never be president.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Another ATS poster first said this, but I wish Trump would come out as "pro oxygen" so leftists would stop breathing.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: introvert

link

Try again...I guess you are not listening...

I don't think you read your link.

While his average may be high, other data points weren't so flattering. For example, at this point in his first term, Obama had given about 19 news conferences. Trump has done roughly a dozen, depending on what you count as a press conference—and only one of those was a solo venture.

As Trump has gradually shirked media appearance while waging war with the press via Twitter, he's sent Spicer and spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders to the front lines to battle with reporters. Even the quantity of those briefings has begun to decline—whereas Spicer gave 11 briefings in February, he gave only five in June. The duo has also begun to put into place controversial rules that limit reporters from recording the briefings live, frustrating media outlets and lawmakers alike.

Trump is well below average in his solo news conferences...only holding 1.
edit on 7-1-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Obama engaged the media and the public and did not take to twitter multiple times a day to complain about criticism.

By the COmmittee to protect journalists.

The administration’s war on leaks and other efforts to control information are the most aggressive I’ve seen since the Nixon administration, when I was one of the editors involved in The Washington Post’s investigation of Watergate. The 30 experienced Washington journalists at a variety of news organizations whom I interviewed for this report could not remember any precedent.

Source

You’re wrong.
edit on 7-1-2018 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Always defending every insane thing he does and guess what, that only encourages him

How the hell is that ?

According to Trump haters Trump can't read.

So we're hardly encouraging him.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The administration’s war on leaks and other efforts to control information are the most aggressive I’ve seen since the Nixon administration, when I was one of the editors involved in The Washington Post’s investigation of Watergate. The 30 experienced Washington journalists at a variety of news organizations whom I interviewed for this report could not remember any precedent.

Source

You’re wrong.

I guess I am wrong.

Obama kept a tight ship on leakers, according to your source.

Something I would think people would respect.
edit on 7-1-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I read the article...I wanted to see what others would take away from it...

Comparisons abound between U.S. President Donald Trump and President Barack Obama, and as of this month, 45 is beating 44 in at least one statistic: the average number of news conferences.

then is says this...

"We have done multiple more opportunities for people to interact with the president, according to several folks that have been here for several administrations," Press Secretary Sean Spicer told reporters last month, according to NBC News. "We’ve looked at a lot of data that suggests when you look at the number of availabilities and interviews that the president has given, it’s pretty significant compared to past administrations."

this line is very subjective though no?

depending on what you count as a press conference

SO again...bias?
edit on Janpm31pmf0000002018-01-07T13:29:15-06:000115 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Doesn't really matter. My point is that I don't find it presidential or a very good form of communication for the president to use twitter as his communication conduit to the people. Only around 20% of adults in the US use twitter.

So if that is his choice of communication medium, it will have to go through the media to get to the people.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Source

You’re wrong.

I guess I am wrong.

The administration also spied on the press. The point is, this administration pails in comparison to the previous in both accountability and transparency.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Why do all pro trump threads sound the same, hahahah liberals suck, waaaaaa people are so mean with poor old trump.

If your going to be a troll at least dont fall back on poor us we are vicrims.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Why do all pro trump threads sound the same, hahahah liberals suck,

Because they do.

Only thing they do is regurgitate what they see on CNN,MSNBC,ABC.

I'd be impressed if they could articulate at least one original thought among the hive.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Source

You’re wrong.

I guess I am wrong.

The administration also spied on the press. The point is, this administration pails in comparison to the previous in both accountability and transparency.

Do you have a source that compares both factors with previous administrations compared to the Trump administration?

Accountability and transparency go well beyond the media's access alone.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Source

You’re wrong.

I guess I am wrong.

Do you have a source that compares both factors with previous administrations compared to the Trump administration?

Given the negativity of coverage of this administration, I think it is obvious there is no climate of fear when it comes to reporting on the president.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

It doesn't matter what tweets the press covers. I like to get my info from news conferences were the president is asked questions and he is forced to engage in back and forth on his current dealings.

When did it become acceptable that the US president engaged the US public and the media like a teenage girl with a social media addiction?

There is no back and forth on twitter. He does not have to face the public on twitter. Yet if only the media were less negative, people would be better informed?

That is absurd!

Welcme to the 21st century. His tweets are unfiltered and can be accessed all over the world. It is about time that leaders of the free world utilize this new way of communication like Trump is doing. The MSM is just mad that they don't get exclusives anymore.

Or "our great, great leaders for the people" could grow some nuts and face the public, meet the people they allegedly represent and tell them, from face to face, what they think is good for all of us! And they should not be using tools where they can blow out ther crap but don´t have to answer direct questions, from people that are affected by the people-unfriendly stuff they spread and decide. Where you just can ignore for you uncomfortable questions.

I know just one "great, great leader for the people" that does this, it´s the evil and soooo much, much more antidemocratic than "our representatives of the people" and oligarchs puppets, oligarch Putin. At least he has the nuts to face his people, one time a year. And i saw and heard by myself how people asked him uncomfortable questions and accused him, in a harsh manner, of things he and the governemnt is doing wrong. All i see from "our" western superheroes are that give speeches just in front of their own supporters, in front of a selected audience that celebrates everything the leader says. That they ban the media that isn´t willing to report as the "great, great leaders" wish it.

Next problem is, those social media platforms aka spying, censoring, opinion shaping and propaganda spreading mega-corporations reach just their users, the tremendous( i learned some trumpish xD) minority on earth. Not everybody has internet, not everybody is interested in those platforms and becomes a user. And many people just don´t want to be spied on 24/7 and robbed of their own data, that is sold by the thieves later.

So Trump reaches almost only his own fanbase, the echochambers of the trumpeteers on Twitter. And maybe the rest of the world if the lousy MSM needs to spread every effing social media tweet that nobody sane really is interested in. Because, otherwise, all the interested people would use the social media platforms to read that echo chamber stuff there. But the MSM needs users, customers, believers, somebody who pays for their lousy journalists work that nowadays became the norm. Which good(!) newspaper or journalist needs to print 240 character tweets in his newspaper, stolen from the social media?

So called politicians should face their citizens, the people they allegedly represent, from face to face!

edit on 7 1 2018 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Source

You’re wrong.

I guess I am wrong.

Given the negativity of coverage of this administration, I think it is obvious there is no climate of fear when it comes to reporting on the president.

Ok. Thank you for your opinion, but I asked for a source with a qualifying record of accountability and transparency of the Obama admin in relation to other admins.

Also, I believe that Obama's JD did "spy" on the media and it resulted in the conviction of many people within the government who had leaked classified info to the press.

Something that has been called-for many times by Trump supporters.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Who cares?

Trump worshipers will read ALL his tweets anyway...

Why do you WANT "enemy news" covering YOUR "guy"?

Don't you have Fox and other hugboxes?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Source

You’re wrong.

I guess I am wrong.

Ok. Thank you for your opinion, but I asked for a source with a qualifying record of accountability and transparency of the Obama admin in relation to other admins.

Also, I believe that Obama's JD did "spy" on the media and it resulted in the conviction of many people within the government who had leaked classified info to the press.

It’s not an opinion. It’s an argument. Let me know when you figure out the difference between the two and we could have that discussion.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Source

You’re wrong.

I guess I am wrong.

You don't even know the difference between an opinion and an argument.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Lack of accountability derives from tye press who focuses on gossip while ignoring comments made by Trump.

Trump is no angel. But the media is a farce that picks and chooses what to report and how they will slant position it.

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join