It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A prime example of which 'tweets' the media cover regarding POTUS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Yes, I know, everyone says he should stay off Twitter but right now, sadly, this is the only way a true view of the White House can be seen. It has been proven that over 90% of the coverage of the WH since the election has been negative. Incredible. However, it does not need to be that way. Case in point.

Donald Trump recently sent out 4 tweets but seems only one is getting coverage including here in ATS. Now, remember, there are so many of you who says he has no effect on jobs or the economy. Please read this...

Tweet #1 - This is great news and should be reported but people are to busy covering Wolff's fictional novel

“The African American unemployment rate fell to 6.8%, the lowest rate in 45 years. I am so happy about this News! And, in the Washington Post (of all places), headline states, ‘Trumps first year jobs numbers were very, very good.’” the President tweeted at 6:49 a.m.

Tweet #2 - Based on FAKE news, the Dow did drop 350 points and that not only affects the rich it affects the middle class guy who is trying to play the market to retire. The man should be charged with some type of crime in my mind but he is back at work.

“Brian Ross, the reporter who made a fraudulent live newscast about me that drove the Stock Market down 350 points (billions of dollars), was suspended for a month but is now back at ABC NEWS in a lower capacity. He is no longer allowed to report on Trump. Should have been fired!” Trump tweeted at 6:57 a.m.

Two great articles...but what does the media show headline about? Not this...

Tweet #3 - Again, he sees how the media moves week to week....and when he points out a precendent for what is happening to him like it did to Reagan..crickets.

“Now that Russian collusion, after one year of intense study, has proven to be a total hoax on the American public, the Democrats and their lapdogs, the Fake News Mainstream Media, are taking out the old Ronald Reagan playbook and screaming mental stability and intelligence,”

and now a fourth tweet...

“Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart,” he continued. “Crooked Hillary Clinton also played these cards very hard and, as everyone knows, went down in flames.” “I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star . . . to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius . . . and a very stable genius at that!”

Now, reading the above tweet, it sounds like someone who again is sick of the media bias and BS that is constantly spread. Ready....this is how all four of those tweets are reported.

First line of the article states...

Don’t sweat, America: Our president is a “very stable genius” who is “like, really smart.” He says so himself.

and then, before it even discusses the other 3 they say this...calling him 'self promoting' and not simply defending himself. Something he has done everyday since early 2015.

The self-promoting tweets followed two others, one praising news the country’s African-American unemployment rate had fallen to its lowest rate on record, and another criticizing ABC reporter Brian Ross, who returned to the network after a month-long suspension for an error in a report on Trump’s now disgraced former national security adviser, Michael Flynn.

Out of context? Just taking what they 'believe' is correct and then rearranging for what they want to show as the truth? Just like Mr Wolff. So, when Mr Trump calls it a Fake Book like Fake News...seems like he is spot.

If the media would simply stop 90% negativity people would be informed. I am not saying do not hold DJT responsible. There have been times I was a breath away from throwing up my hands but every time something comes out it is unfounded, heresay or a Hodge-podge of information put together leaving out anything positive which is what our country needs.

Our president is not dividing our nation...the media is. It is time to admit who the bad guy is folks.

Link to Times Article

edit on Janpm31pmf0000002018-01-07T12:03:27-06:001227 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Janpm31pmf0000002018-01-07T12:04:47-06:001247 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

In regards to the book. Bannon is now apologizing and confirming that he is a staunch Trump supporter.

uk.businessinsider.com...
edit on 7-1-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Brian Ross, the reporter who made a fraudulent live newscast about me that drove the Stock Market down 350 points (billions of dollars), was suspended for a month but is now back at ABC NEWS in a lower capacity. He is no longer allowed to report on Trump. Should have been fired!” Trump tweeted at 6:57 a.m.

Pay attention.

Trump haters will do ANYTHING.

Even destroy your livelihoods.

To get what they want.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yes, this one really really pissed me off because it affected the lively hood of the country. Any investment was hit even if only a little for some. Thank goodness the Market blew through 25k...

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Erdogan a man who gave himself unlimited power would have jailed half of the MSM by now. Meanwhile Trump has jailed zero journalists but is called a Dictator constantly. Morons. They focus only on the negative side and they dare to tell us we are the brainwashed ones. What a joke.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Any investment was hit even if only a little for some.

Ira's,401k,Koegh'ss,government pensions,union pensions, and millions of the little guys trading of Scotttrade,Etrade,TDAmeritrade.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Horrible but no one wants to talk about that. They want to talk about cheeseburgers in bed during his campaign.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It doesn't matter what tweets the press covers. I like to get my info from news conferences were the president is asked questions and he is forced to engage in back and forth on his current dealings.

When did it become acceptable that the US president engaged the US public and the media like a teenage girl with a social media addiction?

There is no back and forth on twitter. He does not have to face the public on twitter. Yet if only the media were less negative, people would be better informed?

That is absurd!

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Horrible but no one wants to talk about that. They want to talk about cheeseburgers in bed during his campaign.

I read a few excerpts of the book and i got the sense that the people that agreed to the interview were just screwing with Wolff. They told him what he wanted to hear and probably laughed their asses off soon after. I pity the people who bought this bloated fan fiction.
edit on 7-1-2018 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

It doesn't matter what tweets the press covers. I like to get my info from news conferences were the president is asked questions and he is forced to engage in back and forth on his current dealings.

When did it become acceptable that the US president engaged the US public and the media like a teenage girl with a social media addiction?

There is no back and forth on twitter. He does not have to face the public on twitter. Yet if only the media were less negative, people would be better informed?

That is absurd!

Welcme to the 21st century. His tweets are unfiltered and can be accessed all over the world. It is about time that leaders of the free world utilize this new way of communication like Trump is doing. The MSM is just mad that they don't get exclusives anymore.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Yes, the liberal media complex is by far the biggest propagandist of division in the western world.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

That is absurd!

Welcme to the 21st century. His tweets are unfiltered and can be accessed all over the world. It is about time that leaders of the free world utilize this new way of communication like Trump is doing. The MSM is just mad that they don't get exclusives anymore.

So this is the new norm? Less engagement with the public and no accountability?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

That is absurd!

That was the previous administration, which has been described as Nixonian.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Tweet #1 Look how great I am.

Tweet #2 Waaaaaa!

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

That is absurd!

Do you just ignore all of his rallies,speeches and the tweets? Trump is the most transparent and engaging president i have ever seen. The MSM holds him accountable for just about everything including 2 scoops and the Koi incident. They can't possibly expect that we just believe them just because they are the MSM. I'm pretty fond of using my own brain thank you very much.

Apropos accountability. Where is the MSM's accountability for spreading Fake News and disinformation?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The Trump butt kissing continues.

Yeah, because starting a fight with NoKo stating he has a bigger nuke button on his desk is totally productable and in no way dangerous for the world. And that's just a few tweets of his many insane tweets. Takes a big man to make threats of nuclear war over the internet....

There are even some Trump supporters who wish he would stop tweeting because he looks so bad doing it and it embarrasses them.

When are you Trump supporters EVER gonna hold this man accountable for anything? Always defending every insane thing he does and guess what, that only encourages him. You people are the problem now.
edit on 7-1-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

link

Try again...I guess you are not listening...

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

The Trump butt kissing continues.

Yeah, because starting a fight with NoKo stating he has a bigger nuke button on his desk is totally productable and in no way dangerous for the world. And that's just a few tweets of his many insane tweets. Takes a big man to make threats of nuclear war over the internet....

There are even some Trump supporters who wish he would stop tweeting because he looks so bad doing it and it embarrasses them.

When are you Trump supporters EVER gonna hold this man accountable for anything? Always defending every insane thing he does and guess what, that only encourages him. You people are the problem now.

Tweets are dangerous? Do you hear yourself? No, a psychopathic communist dictator is dangerous. You can’t even think straight.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Didn't NK reach out the SK that next day about the Olympics after all their previous threats?

I hold him accountable for lowering taxes, bringing more jobs, removing the Obamacare mandate and generally working on all the things he said in his campaign. He did not make promises...he is simply doing what he said he would do.

What else should I hold him accountable for?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

That is absurd!

That was the previous administration, which has been described as Nixonian.

The Obama administration will soon crash and burn and i will roast some marshmallows over their charred corpses. It's unbelievable how they played the american people for fools and for 8 years no less. Watergate is nothing compared to what is going to be revealed. No joke i expect some vigilantism aswell. I truly believe that the US can overcome this and will emerge stronger than before. Obama divided the american population and Trump will hopefully manage to do the opposite.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join