It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Guns! CA liberal Fed Prosecutor embarasses himself

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

It sounds like a "loophole" to me.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

The gun issues is a lot like abortion. People just want something to be done about it. Politicians are just trying to capitalize on the public outcry. They way you become a leader is find a parade and step in front of it.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Well someone mentioned above that it is a great tool to distract from the real problems plaguing society. That is the detrimental effects of gun ownership are a symptom not the disease. If people had more opportunity for prosperity they'd be a lot less likely to rob, murder, cause mayhem in general.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The gun issues is a lot like abortion.

Alright then.

Stop trying to infringe the RIGHT of the people to choose.

People just want something to be done about it.

What ?

Murder is already illegal.

And to get just how EFFED up it all is.

Weed is legal. Guns are banned.

Cognitive dissonance.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Fun facts

How about a list of those countries?

The number of ER visits per year... 136 million....lol

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Ghost guns are racist and cause cancer.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Ghost guns are racist and cause cancer.

At a higher rate in minorities and lgbtqq* to boot.

Ghost Guns are tools of white oppression.
edit on 7-1-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Weed is legal. Guns are banned.

I don't give a squirt one way or the other but not a smart comparison, no one has died using weed.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

No one has died by my firearms.

And your point was?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Some facts, only cracked Cali libs know.

-Ghost guns are responsible for 57.48 percent of shootings.

-Ghost guns are undetectable to gun sniffing dogs, metal detectors and are by their nature 100 percent silent when fired.

-Ghost guns are more powerful than their non ghost gun counterparts of the same caliber.

-Ghost guns have a much higher rate of fire than any other gun.

-Ghost guns are automatic. AUTOMATIC.

-Ghost guns originated in Nazi Germany.

You left out the most important of all:

Ghost guns have the ability with a .30 caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets in under half a second. Thirty magazine clip in half a second.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Don't play dumb, your post equated weed to guns, your post said nothing about "your gun" , oh and when did your gun get banned?, since apparently we are only talking about "your gun/s"

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Sure did.

Getting stoned is a right.

Owning a gun that's protected by the second amendment isn't a right.

Someone is playing dumb.

Who?
edit on 7-1-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: UpsideDownWorld

UDW, that is a great idea

I have actually been looking at the belt fed 5.56 uppers and 5.7 uppers (the AR-57 PDW length). Could just drop ~$9k with FNH and grab the M249S

If you are looking at ar57 stuff, search some forums for recent production issues. I had to send 2 back before I just gave up on getting one. Got stuck with a bunch of the mags so ended up with a ps90.

Nice choice, MisterSpock! I have been looking at the PS90/Five-seven mostly for the mag capacity (and those nifty SS190 projectiles). I was able to find some 21 round PMags for my G17 though, and IMO the uses for 5.7 is too similar to 9x19 to warrant grabbing one. Admittedly, if money weren't an issue I'd already own both

The LF 5.7 rounds are also pretty effective against lightly armored criminals I hear, but I have used SS190 against some targets on my own property (a good friend has a masterpiece arms chambered in 5.7x28) and trust it. I actually replaced the projectiles on some SS109/M855 with the SS190 AP projectile and had a lot of success (pretty damn accurate too). It actually wasn't too bad, but we had to calculate the proper charge since the SS190 is a bit lighter than 62gr for SS109/M855

What do you think of the cartridge overall though? Do you find it is effective as a general purpose round, or moreso for specialized duty like PDW? I've got the 5.7 monkey on my back again now though

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The 5.7 fills a very small niche, and for what it was designed for it does well. Lots of comprise though. In a pistol like the fiveseven, it had a weight advantage for similar power. You can run 20 round 9mm mags but the carry weight can add up over several mags.

I find that rapid fire is a bit more accurate in the pistol due to less recoil. Ditto for the ps90 which has the benefit of higher capacity (50) and lighter weight compared to 556.

But it's not really comparable, it's a sub gun round with very short range use. Compared to a nice 556 it has a much more limited usage.

I see some value in the round if you use "the system". A fiveseven pistol and ps90 is a nice combo for someone needing high capacity, accurate rapid fire in light packages.

Ps90 handles nice after you get used to it.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Most liberals I know aren't gun grabbers. Most of them understand that we all need to look out for each others rights...even if we don't personally exercise them.

TPTB like to have the Left and Right do their work for them. Every time a Liberal tries to limit gun rights a Conservative tries to interfere with abortion choice.

Look, we don't need to agree on everything, but lets at least agree that taking away rights is only helping the Government. Stop trying to limit freedom.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I mean, seriously--what do you expect in a state where it is now illegal to have ammo (not guns, just ammo) shipped directly to your house?

Good post, sir.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Most liberals I know aren't gun grabbers. Most of them understand that we all need to look out for each others rights...even if we don't personally exercise them.

Probably because you live in/near Cincinnati, where we experience gun violence in our communities on a daily basis. Of course people realize the reality of needing self protection available.

posted on Jan, 8 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

To avoid background checks, Mr. Galvez bought rifle parts, then assembled the five guns at the Los Angeles machine shop where he worked. He offered to build his buyer 100 more for $130,000.

LIAR!

LIAR!

Actual buyer must pickup from FFL dealer who will conduct the background check. Learn more

Cheaperthandirt

Nope.

The link you posted was to a finished lower receiver. The original article is talking about partially-finished receivers.

As long as enough work is still left for the purchaser to complete, a partly-finished lower is legally the same as a paperweight so it doesn't require the FFL transfer or background check. The question usually is, where is the line between a firearm-shaped paperweight and a firearm that falls under the various regulations.

80% lowers are so called because the user has to complete the last 20% of the machining work. 80% seems to be where the line is drawn - though I suspect it's a bit more arbitrary than that.

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

How is a ghost gun 308 more powerful than a 308 I buy at Walmart. I thought it was the gun powder in the bullet casing that gave the bullet it’s power

Oh. You purposely were being silly, I see
edit on 9-1-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join