It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dry Cleaner From Des Moines ... Joni Mitchell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
this song is the #.

now there is something to be said for the fact that Wayne Shorter and Jaco Pastorius is behind her.

i like her vocals here. i am pretty snobby with music and i tend to get into things at my own time because i get obsessed when i go down the rabbit hole of new musicians.
i go way off the rails and listen to all their stuff and read everything i can find and learn everything about them musically. so i have to pace myself.

i know she has relied on jazz guys to realize some of her compositions and i always liked her for that but never really dove in.

there are some great artists that i recognize as great and love a great deal of there work but i could also do without a great deal. Bob Dylan comes to mind. i absolutely love a lot of his stuff. i own most of it. i cherish Bob Dylan but a good deal of his work i personally dont care for for one reason or another.

there are others like Frank Zappa that i am so far off the rails on and could not do without any of thier stuff.

i think Joni is going to be like Bob Dylan but i need to get there so

i think i am about to go off the rails on her so i am searching on recommendations on where to start.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Her Swan song. Back when people cared more about the beginnings of Urban Blight, de Forestation, Insecticide spraying.

The same s*** sandwich we are still all chawing on now.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I enjoy sometimes listening to her live Woodstock song debut. She gives an
introduction with a little backstory about why she missed the gig due to her manager
making other plans etc....

m.youtube.com...

I try to look up her day to day condition, but it seems she is surrounded by
caretakers, executors, whose lips are zipped.

On a side note, this is the same key (E flat minor) and sound as bad company, the song from their eponymous debut, circa 74. I try to train my ears...it is like looking at the color blue and seeing a different color every time.
But I got this one right.

# 932
edit on 7-1-2018 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

G'zus man..
Not what I expected. This a groovy tune!πŸ€”πŸ‘πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘πŸ˜Š

top topics

join