It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA director pushes back on claim in Wolff book: Trump reads

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym

He's the CIA director regardless of what side is in power do you think he or she would crap on the president while working for him. I did listen to him and in a nutshell he said he was or is the first president to openly challenge North Korea..and yes he's stooping to North Korea's level but I like that we are finally callling him out. People have a short or selective memory when it comes to all the bat crazy threats that have been addressed to our country over the years...I think trumps next tweet to north korea should be "Put up or shut up"...
edit on 7-1-2018 by chrismarco because: Why can't I proof read first!!!

link   
What’s funny is that the CIA have had to shorten and dumb down their daily intelligence briefs.

This claim in the book is consistent with other reports

Link

President Donald Trump’s daily national security briefing contains far less information than the daily reports presented by the intelligence community to past presidents—and about a quarter of the information President Barack Obama received. The memo sent to certain analysts within the intelligence community notes that the commander in chief’s daily briefing book typically contains reports on only three topics, typically no more than one page each. According to the guidance, Trump’s PDB also includes space for a short update, presumably on matters brought up in previous briefs.[quote/]

Also why is the CIA director commenting on this so publicly doesn’t he have more important things to be doing
edit on 7-1-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

link   
Let's be clear, President Trump reads and listens just enough to respond with some comment on twitter.

Beyond that, he doesn't need to read.

Given the time he spends tweeting and watching TV, there's literally "no time" to read anything in depth.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
For a guy that can't read.

Sure spends a lot of time on twitter.

Trump haters will believe ANYTHING.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym

CIA Director Mike Pompeo pushed back Sunday on a claim that President Trump does not read, calling the assertions made in author Michael Wolff's explosive new book on the White House "absurd."

"This president reads material that we provide to him. He listens closely to his daily briefing,"Pompeo told Chris Wallace on "Fox News Sunday."
thehill.com...

Is this good news out of Trumpworld or is it disinfo from the deep state? What can be believed anymore?

Mike Pompeo is a Trump person, a politico and a hawk, who was in the HIC
It's not 'deep state' stuff, but it is likely disinfo, or at least polishing the furniture a little.
Pompeo would not be my cup of tea, he wants Snowden executed, wants a return to mass profiling that was stopped in 2015, (not that it can't be done by request anyway) is totally in support of the torture forms in Guantanamo, (not just waterboarding) and is a really hard line politician.
The fact that he is where he is, and who for, is much more scary than Donald preferring a burger to reading.
edit on 7-1-2018 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
For a guy that can't read.

Sure spends a lot of time on twitter.

Trump haters will believe ANYTHING.

I don't think it said he can't read...there's a difference!

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

He's the CIA director regardless of what side is in power do you think he or she would crap on the president while working for him. I did listen to him and ina nutshell he said he was the first president to openly challenge North Korea..and yes he's stooping to North Korea's level but I like that we are finally callling hum out. People have a short or selective memory when it comes to all the bat crazy theats that have been addressed to our country over the years...I think trumps not tweet to north korea should be "Put up or shut up"...

Using NK as a to do thing is just political bullshiite, a political con. M.A.D. never went away, and this is all headline stuff for OOOh and AAAh people reading the crappy tabloids. NK is the new 'cold war' thing...a bogeyman.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SkeptiSchism

No it is the exact opposite. What a lot of people do not understand is he does not care about politicians. At all. He cares about those who voted for him and those who didn't because he cares about America.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

I don't think it said he can't read...there's a difference!

The Donald went to Wharton Business School, one of the top schools in the Nation, so, obviously, he learned to read at some point in his life. But, he has attention deficit disorder, can't focus or concentrate on anything for long periods today, so the phrase "can't read" refers to his inability to "dwell" on the reading matter sufficiently long to take it all in.

edit on 7-1-2018 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

That is not because he is dumb. It is because wants a quick synopsis and will give the correct people instruction on what to do. Obama micromanaged everything and it is known that he did not 'attend' tons of his daily meetings. He did not even review his PDB on 9/12 after Benghazi.

Here is a nice breakdown from Trump regarding 2016. During the campaign he sent his VP to many because he was busy campaigning. Remember the fear also of 'giving Trump' the PDB. More fake news.

www.washingtonpost.com... erm=.b2ca8d494d1f

You will also see that each president can do their briefings their own way. It was well known Reagan hated them.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

What matters is RESULTS. All else is soap-opera. The RESULTS from Trump are GGGGGREAT.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
He cares about those who voted for him and those who didn't because he cares about America.

Donald Trump cares deeply about the "rich", and the fact that it's become difficult to "become rich" and "stay rich" in America today.

All those international agreements, on climate control, and trade agreements with nations, he sees as hampering Americans from building up their individual wealth, by putting up blocks to action that didn't exist long ago. He wants to remove all "obstacles" that are preventing people from gaining more wealth.

So, if you're rich in America, The Donald is on your side.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Seriously? Mother Jones has access to the highly classified Presidential Daily Briefing guidelines? You believe that?

If you do then I can finally understand why you will believe any of this leftist garbage. Really sad.

Your source is not credible And even laughable.
edit on 7-1-2018 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

No it is the exact opposite. What a lot of people do not understand is he does not care about politicians. At all. He cares about those who voted for him and those who didn't because he cares about America.

You seriously think?

Seems to me the only thing he really cares about is convincing everybody of his self proclaimed brilliance & superiority...

Trust me, I know... I'm very stable and am a genius!

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Umm he wrote a book called Art of the Deal?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

and your point? Need to elaborate...

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkeptiSchism

Umm he wrote a book called Art of the Deal?

Only he didn’t it was written by a ghost writer

Link

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I don't know whom to trust at least.

CIA Director Mike Pompeo pushed back Sunday on a claim

Not him , unless Mandela effect is real and I'm in a different time line where SIS tell the public the truth.

edit on 7-1-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Bannon is apologizing and says he supports Trump...

uk.businessinsider.com...
edit on 7-1-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I don't know whom to trust at least.

CIA Director Mike Pompeo pushed back Sunday on a claim

Not him , unless Mandela effect is real and I'm in a different time line where SIS tell the public the truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join