It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA director pushes back on claim in Wolff book: Trump reads

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

CIA Director Mike Pompeo pushed back Sunday on a claim that President Trump does not read, calling the assertions made in author Michael Wolff's explosive new book on the White House "absurd."

"This president reads material that we provide to him. He listens closely to his daily briefing,"Pompeo told Chris Wallace on "Fox News Sunday."
thehill.com...

Is this good news out of Trumpworld or is it disinfo from the deep state? What can be believed anymore?

Now that President Trump has completely discredited himself and called almost every important person in the U.S. government outside of his administration part of the deep state, I think we're left playing a guessing game concerning any information like this. I don't know whom to trust at least.

I'm happy to post good news regardless of what many here claim. Let's get a toast for the POTUS reading things!

edit on 7-1-2018 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I don't think the claim was trump literally never reads or listens.

I think it meant he is not well read or knowledgeable about wide spectrum or worldly matters. Also that he does not take on board what others are saying to him or those around him.

Wether trump does or does not do these things I care not about. What I do care about is the fact that it seems a lot of Americans seem to be so utterly stupid that they take things completely literally.

This stupidity may or may not be only applicable to Americans.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Oh well, it just means that people would rather vote for an illiterate man than the smartest woman in the world!

That's how much we wanted her for president. Perhaps the Democrats should find better candidates?
edit on 7-1-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: antiantonym

CIA Director Mike Pompeo pushed back Sunday on a claim that President Trump does not read, calling the assertions made in author Michael Wolff's explosive new book on the White House "absurd."

"This president reads material that we provide to him. He listens closely to his daily briefing,"Pompeo told Chris Wallace on "Fox News Sunday."
thehill.com...

Is this good news out of Trumpworld or is it disinfo from the deep state? What can be believed anymore?

Now that President Trump has completely discredited himself and called almost every important person outside of his administration part of the deep state, I think we're left playing a guessing game concerning any information like this. I don't know whom to trust at least.

I'm happy to post good news for those who think otherwise. Let's get a toast for the POTUS reading things!

I think it's funny this is even being discussed by anyone at all....almost as funny as the gorilla thing.

Sure...Trump doesn't read...ok.../sarcasm

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: antiantonym
I can see there is gonna be a lotta threads on this book lol.
Alls the book will succeed in doing is taking 25 bucks from all the libs that desperately want it to be true.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I thought Trump cleared all this mess up already, when he claimed he was "a very stable genius".... lol

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

This is the CIA trying to preserve national integrity. True or not, they have to say it or risk their operations that are already under way.

That said, i agree that its absurd. But without reading the book to gather context im not sure exactly what was asserted.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I can't read unless I have absolute silence and no distractions. How can any President read.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Wolfe's book is just a fiction. It is being portrayed as real, but it is not. He has made sure only to insinuate things, not directly say things. It is like what MSM does, it is twisted to make it appear to be juicy.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Lets not forget the threads & videos that Trump cant read.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvidenceNibbler
I can see there is gonna be a lotta threads on this book lol.

You just made me think of a bizarre conspiracy theory. I've been trying to figure out why Trump is promoting Fire and Fury. It may really be 4D chess. He may be promoting it so that each little detail can be denied or downplayed piece by piece.

We're already seeing that. That strategy may actually be genius especially if people are willing to lie and/or tell half truths for Trump. For example, consider this story:

Tiffany Trump says her father ‘wishes’ he ate McDonald's in bed every night

Tiffany Trump may know full well that her father eats McDonald's because he thinks it will keep him from being poisoned, so she may be spinning the story to protect her father.

We may see that a thousand times.
edit on 7-1-2018 by antiantonym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
If Trumps tweets are any indication...He struggles bigly with the English Language.

He may see the words but if he can't comprehend what the words mean, then.....

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

What garbage.. from the CIA director..

I doubt seriously the books says he CANT READ..

I’m betting it says he doesn’t like to read and so wants everything g condensed down to one or 2 pages...

Something that people were saying the second he took office..

I think it is almost certainly true , because the CIA worded it like he was defending the fact trump was literate Rather than the actual question..

“Does he hate reading and insist it is cut down to a minimum?”

Seems to me he didn’t wanna put trump on blast, so he addressed a question he wasn’t asked.

Look at his answers..

“He reads material we give to him.”

Not .. “he reads all the material we give him” or “he reads the materials we give him”...

See imho that reply means he reads it all.. or close enough to consider it reading it all.

His reply was intentionally vague, like he wasn’t willing to lie for him,but wasn’t gonna throw him completely under the bus either..

I also think the fact he felt the need to add on “he listened” very telling.. maybe saying “he refuses to read much but he does listen..”

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
If Trumps tweets are any indication...He struggles bigly with the English Language.

Oh come on, that's not even funny. You can do better than that. He can obviously read.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Anyone that thinks Trump is illiterate or at the very least, an unintelligent person, is a born fool.
This is just another hit piece by the hysterical Leftists that can't accept their historical collapse into stupidity.
Please keep exposing yourselves for what you really are, soon you will not be able to fool even the most gullible sheep that you have fooled in the past.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Look at his answers..

“He reads material we give to him.”

Not .. “he reads all the material we give him” or “he reads the materials we give him”...

Huh?

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpsideDownWorld

originally posted by: olaru12

Oh come on, that's not even funny. You can do better than that. He can obviously read.

Trump can read well from a teleprompter, but I remember Trump when he was articulate, lucid even clever, when speaking extemporaneously...now he struggles bigly....

www.independent.co.uk...
edit on 7-1-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Anyone that thinks Trump is illiterate or at the very least, an unintelligent person, is a born fool.
This is just another hit piece by the hysterical Leftists that can't accept their historical collapse into stupidity.
Please keep exposing yourselves for what you really are, soon you will not be able to fool even the most gullible sheep that you have fooled in the past.

While I do feel sorry for the lefties and see them as victims of their own making, I must admit, living in this timeline and watching the meltdown into depravity is great !

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

An overly granular assessment meant to prove a confirmation bias.

posted on Jan, 7 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I think Trump has the same problem Obama had, that is he is trying to please too many people. No one wins at that game.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join