It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigelow, UFOs, MUFON and ‘DeLonge’ Road to AATIP

page: 212
<< 209  210  211    213  214  215 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: pigsy2400

Yes indeed.

Even the 'trickster' is BS, as we humans bring our own
delusions and BS and bias with us when we search
for ultimate answers.

So.. if those ultimate answers wish to communicate
back.. which they generally don't.. they can only
use the instrument provided.... the one full of
delusions.

Distilling all that down.I guess you mean

Really is not what you look at. Reality is how you perceive it.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

That brings up an interesting point!

We often presume that 'the government' / the MiC, etc,
and their cronies are trying to 'homogonenze' UFOlogy into
a more easily controllable mind control methodology..

so we talk about people being 'bought' etc.

Which are generally just assumptions.

The point you just brought up is important..

TDL was actually RIGHT in one small way..

if you can be "cool" you might 'convert people'
to your view.. even if your view is absolute
rubbish.

Being invited to testify before congress would
probably double Nicks personal income.

It's not JUST the stick, but also the self-serving carrot!

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Naw.

I don't do trendy aphorisms.

We are organic computer systems, with big imaginations
and the universe fracks with us.

It's impossible to know what's real, but we can learn
what is useful.

Kev

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Why wait for someone else to feed you information??

You're big enough to figure it out and do your own research, the issue is most people want to be spoon fed and in turn run the same narrative the rest do as a result...

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400

Why wait for someone else to feed you information??

You're big enough to figure it out and do your own research, the issue is most people want to be spoon fed and in turn run the same narrative the rest do as a result...

Perfectly stated.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

In terms of archetypes that's more of a Jungianism but still somewhat serviceable but better extrapolated into the Myers-Brigg personality framework for modern purposes. Simplified, they're a representation of the diversity of human personality types not a thing in themselves, just a way of quantifying and qualifying human behaviour.

I'm not sure what you mean by "bowler hat man" unless you mean...

...in which case, you'd be on the nose.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Your perception IS your reality... With some of the scarier folks knocking around...the world is unfortunatly as a result..a scary place..

With the phenomenon, it seems that apparently according to witnesses, it appears to them personally like some of those at the ranch, personally and with a message or in appearance, just for them to see...down to the individual level.

Funny how the perception of one's reality and experience of the phenomenon go hand in hand..of experienced people of course.. And I do not mean that in a nobby way..

Makes me wonder about my own experience and if it's linked to my own reality and my knowledge of the time and if it would be different now..considering my difference in regards to my own perceptions.... Of the time...sounds like riddles but it isn't.

Would i have seen something different now, considering my own knowledge and perception of the world being vastly different from when it happened, to now...

Ramble ramble...

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

And all the usual suspects will be itching to get involved if they did a hearing.
It would accomplish nothing… a waste of our tax money.
What people don’t realize is that this phenomenon has been studied as far as humans can go, IMO.
Actually, the many studies even in the 50’s won’t even be duplicated with the YouTube Ufologists we have today.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I think you might be right and this phenomenon, whatever it is and whatever label we place on it, is beyond our ability to quantify it accurately with current scientific methods.

And all the usual suspects will be itching to get involved if they did a hearing. It would accomplish nothing… a waste of our tax money.....

We can all guess the gang who are all queueing up to get on that panel for these hearings that are being talked about.

But what have any of them delivered besides stories and theories followed by more stories, sometimes deception and more theories? Never ending circles. No solutions.

All ufology has really ever achieved is the exposing of various scams like the Roswell slides, MJ12 or the Alien Autopsy. Yet even now some in the field refuse to let those stories die away.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Talking of Roswell. Here is an old piece by Nick Pope who is still scampering around here there and everywhere. (To include Roswell)

Roswell is part Holy Grail, part sacred cow. Perhaps it’s time to realise that the Holy Grail is illusory and that some sacred cows should be slaughtered before they become mad and infect the rest of the herd.

ufodigest.com...

I think Kev will like this one.

Yet what do we have. TTSA, Roswell and Rendlesham.

edit on 17-10-2018 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Baablacksheep

It's patent nonsense, but for the general public at large, Roswell can never be slaughtered; it will always be symbolic of the phenomenon due to its prominence in hugely successful TV series and movies such as 'The X-Files' (1993-) and 'Independence Day' (1996). And even its own 3-season TV show, 'Roswell' (1999).

Roswell deserves to die on paper, but perhaps it can be praised for keeping the UFO topic as a whole in the public consciousness, for better or worse.

Jesse Marcel will surely be smiling in his grave.

edit on 17-10-2018 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Well it not about to die anytime soon as Nick has wished. Not with their Roswell and Rendlesham blobs about to wow us all with.

edit on 17-10-2018 by Baablacksheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baablacksheep

Talking of Roswell. Here is an old piece by Nick Pope who is still scampering around here there and everywhere. (To include Roswell)

Roswell is part Holy Grail, part sacred cow. Perhaps it’s time to realise that the Holy Grail is illusory and that some sacred cows should be slaughtered before they become mad and infect the rest of the herd.

ufodigest.com...

I think Kev will like this one.

Yet what do we have. TTSA, Roswell and Rendlesham.

"UFOlogy" as it presently exists needs to be killed.. the patient is terminal
and can't recover.

A 'body double' was built in 1946, but it's never been a 'UFO'.

As long as there are thronging masses screaming "please deceive us!
please deceive us! we will pay you money to deceive us!"

the fake body double will remain forever.

I'ts the same as 'god' really..

Kev

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

"UFOlogy" as it presently exists needs to be killed.. the patient is terminal
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Its a disaster!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

We can all guess the gang who are all queueing up to get on that panel for these hearings that are being talked about.

UNLESS there's some kind of major flap, I doubt there will be any UFO hearings. No political party would want to waste any political capital sponsoring one.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I think Charles Manson has already proved that theory.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
UFOlogy is something like the JFK assassination and 911, both intractable conspiracies they’ll never let us know the full truth about
But we know there both mainstream bogus lies and a coverup behind them…
UFOlogy seems to be similar. We know there’s something there but it’s so elusive.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Once you get rid of all the well-documented frauds and the newly
documented frauds (to include Roswell),

there's not much left.

The sort of thing left is more like this most famous 'Phenomenon'
case ever:

www.livescience.com...

Now.. I find it very interesting..

you had something like 70,000 people there, and none of them
saw anything!

until..

As before, the figure appeared, and again only to the children. Identifying herself as 'the Lady of the Rosary,' she urged repentance and the building of a chapel at the site. After predicting an end to [World War I] and giving the children certain undisclosed visions, the lady lifted her hands to the sky. Thereupon Lucia exclaimed, 'The sun!' As everyone gazed upward, and saw that a silvery disc had emerged from behind clouds, they experienced what is known [as] a 'sun miracle'."
ibid.

Nobody saw ANYTHING until the 'pump was primed' by the 3 girls..

then many people saw that "silver UFO", but other people say other
things..

This is the sort of thing that we have left..

in fact "Fatima" is rather like the "Roswell" of the "Phenomenon".

And frankly?

it can mostly be explained away by mass hysteria.. sun dogs..
eye strain.. etc..

Now.. I'm not saying nothing unusual happened.. there are plenty
of stories of unusual occurrences that seem to have some physical
evidence.

But the fact is, that "Fatima" is the 'real thing', underneath all
the layers of deception.

And people don't even discuss Fatima much..

They discuss the known frauds instead.

Kev

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: pigsy2400

With the phenomenon, it seems that apparently according to witnesses, it appears to them personally like some of those at the ranch, personally and with a message or in appearance, just for them to see...down to the individual level.

Funny how the perception of one's reality and experience of the phenomenon go hand in hand..of experienced people of course.. And I do not mean that in a nobby way..

Makes me wonder about my own experience and if it's linked to my own reality and my knowledge of the time and if it would be different now..considering my difference in regards to my own perceptions.... Of the time...sounds like riddles but it isn't.

Would i have seen something different now, considering my own knowledge and perception of the world being vastly different from when it happened, to now...

I'm of the opinion that yes, subsequent experiences will vary far and wide in comparison to previous encounters because the medium of communication (self-reflecting consciousness) has changed. If you were to become a time traveler what manner of conversations would you have with 16 year-old you vs 25 year-old you? I only use that example to illustrate how our own inner dialogue changes commensurate with outer stimulus (growth/evolution).

The desire to find pattern or consistency within individual experiences is normal and human. Our minds, which are formal systems, seem hardwired to formalize external input into manageable data sets; to make pictures out of puzzle pieces. I believe that this too is a part of the experience - how an individual processes an experience to form a working theory of engagement with which they apply to all further experiences.

I don't care for unsolicited advice from strangers but if I may...

Process all that you can from your experience but treat it as a closed-loop; that chapter is over and any subsequent experiences you may have will not build on that first chapter but instead venture into new territory; same grand character arch, different scene. I believe there is a "big picture" for you to discern, but you must wait until you're sure you have all pieces in the box first. That's the rub though, you won't know if you have all the pieces until you assemble the picture and how can you be sure the picture didn't change while you were putting the pieces together? "Welcome to the suck."

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Adepts can make shiny orbs appear according to reports. Teenage girls entering puberty have often been around poltergeist activity, Rhianna song umbrella was rumoured to have been done on Fri 13th with JayZ saying rain man at the start, many pop stars have spoken of the rain man, the song umbrella coincided with the wettest June or July on record an stayed at number 1 for about 11weeks, the entire time of the wet period, the song was rumored to be done as a ritual/experiment, now imagine these girls of Fatima fame, able to assume paranormal abilities growing a mass of interest, whatever these people believed/willed was going to appear IMO.
The power of combined human thought, belief is very powerful, and for me the most important thing to tptb is to keep us from figuring this truth out, keeping us distracted, confused, fearful et al.
projectprobe.org...
www.nzherald.co.nz...

edit on 17-10-2018 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 209  210  211    213  214  215 >>

join